Stayed at the Island Inn October 6-8, 2005. We picked this place based on previous reviews and were kind of diasappointed in the accomodations. The staff is great...this is very true. Very friendly, know the area well. Upon check inn were given the key to a king Gulf-front effeciency. The room looked and smelled like someone had a tobacco bonfire in it! Appliances were covered in a black sandy substance, everything was grimy and ceiling with brown streaks. The smell was horrible. I immediately called down to the front desk to ask if any non-smoking rooms were available (my fault for not specifying that in my original reservation). The very nice lady told me that there were not any kings, but she did have 2 double/double rooms. She gave me the key to 414 to check out and it smelled great, so we switched. This room was pretty run down, not terribly clean (used wash cloth still in shower and carpets sandy/not vacuumed), but we were so thrilled that it smelled so nice and had a great view that we stayed.
Mother nature was the best treat at this place. The beach is FANTASTIC!!!! Very quiet, lots of shells, sand dollars, star fish, birds, etc. The water was crystal clear and calm. It's a great place if you're looking to spend lots of time outside.
Overall, I know that the rooms are individually owned and that one may be brand new and the next in bad shape, so you may want to find out which you are being assigned to before arrival. Other than that, I recommend the Island Inn for it's great location and friendly service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island Inn Beach Resort, located on the beautiful Gulf Beaches of Tampa Bay is a tropical paradise where you can relax as you watch sailboats gliding across emerald green waters and wind surfers being chased by a warm, tropical island breeze. Lounge by the pool with an ice cold drink from our tiki bar or enjoy a walk on our World Famous Treasure Island Beach! The Island Inn Beach Resort offers something for everyone with a colorful mix of relaxation, fun and recreation, along with a friendly, courteous staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Hotel Treasure Island
- Island Inn Treasure Island, Florida