This was a fun long weekend!
My best advice is read the reviews of this property. They are for the most part correct and true to our experience. If you want fancy then pay for fancy somewhere else. If you understand what the phrase “old school Florida Hotel” means, and that appeals to you, then you will be fine with this location. We had a wedding in Treasure Island and the location was perfect for us.
The staff is GREAT. Front desk goes out of their way to make your family beach experience fun. We used the FREE amenities to make our weekend better. We used the “stand-up” paddle boards and the kayaks. My kids laughed and loved it when the dolphins would swim by our kayak. We saw a large pod of sting rays and of course you never get tired of seeing the dolphins swim. A prior guest had left sand toys so we used those each day and one night we used the hotel’s grill. Our room was 202 and had two beds and a pull out couch. The tile floor was nice. The kitchen had everything we needed to have breakfast in our room and allowed the kids to run back up to the room for lunch or a snack. The bathroom was updated and had a nice shower. Beds are due to be replaced, but not evil.
We had a beverage at Rick’s and swam in the very warm, heated pool.
Due South, within walking distance on the beach, is a beach-bar called Caddy’s. Food is fine and on the weekends it gets crowded with sun-worshipers.
When I have a preference of where we stay in Pinellas County, than I like Clearwater Beach better. I find there are more things to do, more restaurants and more hotel choices. I am a big fan of the original restaurant “Frenchy’s” (http://frenchysonline.com/) and the “Crabby Bills” in Indian Rock Beach.
Although we did not go this visit, we have been to the Salvador Dali Museum in St Pete. (http://thedali.org/home.php) They have an audio tour for adults and a separate audio tour for the kids. The kid’s version is narrated by Dali’s mustache. The whole family enjoyed our tour.
For those of you out of state I hope this review helps. Please come to Florida often!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island Inn Beach Resort, located on the beautiful Gulf Beaches of Tampa Bay is a tropical paradise where you can relax as you watch sailboats gliding across emerald green waters and wind surfers being chased by a warm, tropical island breeze. Lounge by the pool with an ice cold drink from our tiki bar or enjoy a walk on our World Famous Treasure Island Beach! The Island Inn Beach Resort offers something for everyone with a colorful mix of relaxation, fun and recreation, along with a friendly, courteous staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Hotel Treasure Island
- Island Inn Treasure Island, Florida