First, it is not like a fancy hotel, so if that is what you are looking for, pay more money and get what you want. I've stayed at both, and I like Island Inn better, it is more like home.
Our family has stayed at Island Inn resort many times over the last 10 years.. units are individually owned, so they are all different. Some have invested more in their rooms, and more updated. You won't find a better view of the gulf for the money. Most of the rooms are gulf view, and close to the water. I love to sleep with the door open listening to the waves. Spent many great evenings watching the sunset from our balcony...peaceful and relaxing.
Since they come with small kitchens, table/chairs it is great to get up, look out over the water while fixing breakfast for the family. It has been economical for me as I have three kids. We have enjoyed grilling dinner on the beach (grills provided) and viewing all from my balcony just a short distance away. The pool area is great, nice tiki bar, friendly people and although it is older, it is kept clean. The beach is kept clean. Kids have enjoyed playing volleyball and games, again, while I sat watching from the balcony. If you ck out you can still use their facilities to clean up afterwards... can't beat that. It has been a great place for vacationing as a single parent.. we love it.
only con... I am now returning to vacation w/ my sister as my kids are grown, and some rooms are just getting tired. I have mentioned to front desk, they have let me visit several rooms to pick out the one I was most comfortable in... so staff still friendly as ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island Inn Beach Resort, located on the beautiful Gulf Beaches of Tampa Bay is a tropical paradise where you can relax as you watch sailboats gliding across emerald green waters and wind surfers being chased by a warm, tropical island breeze. Lounge by the pool with an ice cold drink from our tiki bar or enjoy a walk on our World Famous Treasure Island Beach! The Island Inn Beach Resort offers something for everyone with a colorful mix of relaxation, fun and recreation, along with a friendly, courteous staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Hotel Treasure Island
- Island Inn Treasure Island, Florida