Stayed for 3 relaxing nights at the end of our vacation in late April 2013 with my husband and two teenage daughters. Location was fabulous (Walgreen's, McDonald's and yummy Britt's Pizza across the street, Publix just a few minutes walk up the street), John's Pass (where we rented sea-doos and went parasailing) was a nice walk (or short drive) up the beach. The hotel was situated right on the beach (though the beach was quite wide at this point so it was a hike to get to the water...worth the walk though). We had a ground floor, gulf-side efficiency unit. The little kitchenette really wasn't equipped all that well and was extremely dated but served the purpose when cooking up a small breakfast each day. Room was dated but decently clean. The beach and pool areas were clean and there was live entertainment each afternoon/evening at the bar by the pool (we just sat on our balcony and listened and hopped over the balcony to get to the bar when we needed a refill on our drinks...being on the ground floor definitely had its advantages. Wi-Fi did not work in our room (which was a major catastrophy for our teenagers) so we had to go sit by the pool anytime we needed internet. Not that sitting by the pool was a chore by any means, but it would have been nice to have that convenience in our room. Staff was friendly. Would stay here again but would also explore what else is available as well just where it's fairly dated. Beautiful, beautiful sunsets!! Love Treasure Island!
- Also Known As:
- Thunderbird Beach Motel
- Thunderbird Beach Hotel
- Thunderbird Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Thunderbird Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Classic Courtyard Style Beach Resort has been a family favorite for generations. Nestled on the beautiful shoreline of the Gulf of Mexico, the Thunderbird Beach Resort is a tropical beach retreat with long stretches of pearly-white sand & sparkling blue waters. Featuring oversized Heated Pool & Hot Tub, Tiki Beach Bar w/ Live Music ,Grouper's Seafood Grill, Sunset Meeting & Banquet Facilities and Private Gulf Front Balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, EasyToBook, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Thunderbird Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.