“Fabulous Location - Comfy Beds - Nice Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Bilmar Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   10650 Gulf Boulevard, Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #11 of 43 hotels in Treasure Island
Stuart, Florida
“Fabulous Location - Comfy Beds - Nice Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed an impromptu one night at the Bilmar. Hotel staff was accomodating of our last minute reservation and offered a AAA discount. Our room was in the 'tower' on the 3rd floor. A beautiful view of the beach and of the pool from our balcony. Balcony is a nice size. Very relaxing.

The room was very clean - we didn't need the kitchenette but I did peek into the cabinets and it does offer you a nice variety of cookware and plates, etc.

The bathroom is a bit small for my taste. The shower did have a little bit of wear and tear.

Beds were nice and comfy. When I got back from the awesome bar across the street (ricky t's - don't miss it - live music every night) I fell into bed and slept very well.

Within walking distance of Walgreens (across the street - literally), lots of shops and dining establishments. A waffle house is open 24 hours just around the corner.

Room Tip: I was told to try and get a room in the 'tower' because they have the kitchenettes.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

981 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Comfortable beds. Adequately sized bathroom. Across the street from plenty of bars and restaurants without being loud. Front desk staff were very helpful and polite! Breakfast was not impressive. Good weekday rates. Quick walk to the beach from this oceanfront property.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Bilmar for 5 days in October 2013. Upon settling into our room I opened a kitchen cabinet and found 2 large live palmetto roaches. If you are not familiar with these roaches they are huge and at least 3 inches long. I called the front desk and they sent maintenance with a spray can. He sprayed them and flushed them. We tried to overlook it and enjoy our vacation even though we were pretty creeped out by these bugs. Later in the day we spotted a smaller cockroach in the silverware drawer. Yuk ! We went to bed and at 10:00 pm I was asleep and my husband woke me and said there was another palmetto roach crawling up the wall. It was huge and when I turned on the lights it ran under our bed. We called the front desk and they sent someone to our room. He was even creeped out by these things and finally got it with a vacuum cleaner. We insisted on changing rooms and at 11:00 pm we were sent to another room on a different floor on opposite end of the building. Of course my husband started searching and low and behold there was a cockroach in that silverware drawer. The person helping us move our things caught it. He informed us the manager would call us in the morning. We were told they come out in the dark so we slept with all the lights on and the tv all night. Needless to say we didn't sleep a wink and the next day was a loss because we were exhausted. The next morning the manager called and we were moved to a top floor room and were guaranteed there were no roaches. I never used the kitchen. We still slept with the lights on. We were never offered any kind of compensation for our horrible experience except a discount on a future stay. Are you kidding me ?? I would never recommend this resort due to the roach problem. Its a great area to stay but spend your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMBBR, General Manager at Bilmar Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Mr. & Mrs. V.,

As we discussed during your visit I am extremely apologetic and embarrassed by the experience you had the night you checked in. Although pest activity is possible in the Florida environment it is extremely rare for 2 consecutive rooms to have issues. After our conversation I had hoped the upgrade to the Penthouse Suite for the last 4 nights of your visit would offer you the experience the Bilmar has built our reputation on. In your subsequent discussion with Kim, our Director of Operations, we agreed compensation in addition to the complimentary meals and upgrade to the suite was appropriate to make up for your first (and second) impression. Because you had pre-paid through a 3rd party source Kim discussed providing you a 2-night complimentary certificate for a return visit. She honestly thought this was acceptable at the time and during the other conversations you had during your visit.

I understand your displeasure with your experience on your arrival night and again I apologize. We did have our new pest control company thoroughly treat the areas in and around the 2 rooms you moved from and will continue to focus on maintaining a comprehensive program to avoid this type of incident. Your fellow travelers can be assured we pride our facility for its cleanliness and the staff’s empowerment to respond to any guest concerns. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance to you. Sincerely, Clyde Smith – General Manager
Fort Erie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I booked here when I found out my favourite was full (Alden-I get beachfront there). I was pleasantly surprised by Bilmar. There are 3 buildings. Every room in every building has a view of the beach so you don't have to worry about getting stuck with a room that isn't beachfront. The tall one I stayed in also overlooks the pool & the outdoor/indoor restaurant. It is the cheapest one. The other two buildings are more expensive because you don't also overlook the pool I liked it because it felt like I was at an all-inclusive when I looked out at my window & saw people swimming & getting drinks....it's great in this building if you have children that swim & you can look at your window to see what they are doing (I just went with my husband). It was great to walk across the street to go to either VIP (best mexican food I every had (I never eat Mexican) - I ate a taco salad & I'm still craving it now, or walk to the grocery store (Publix) I also went to sloppy joes restaurant on the premises & it was great too. My favourite restaurants were Lisa's on the Gulf Blvd., Cafe Beach Shanty (this breakfast place is awesome & it's in Clearwater, & Sandy's Breakfast on Gulf Blvd. in Clearwater. I had breakfast at Waffle house & the coffee was cold & food bad. I ate at St. Pete's Pier at Bubba Gumps - it was terrible although I liked the view. I liked this place because you woundn't get bored as there is places to walk to. Tj's restaurant was always so busy across the street so I didn't want to wait to eat. My other favourite place to stay is Beachview Inn in Clearwater, but the drawback is it's across the street to the beach. The beaches do seem to be nicer in Clearwater though. I liked that Bilmar had a fridge & dishes & coffee maker in the room. The room was clean. I would like to go back to Bilmar next October and was just looking at flights. The checkin was easy & the checkout smooth. I rented a convertible from Budget rental which was great to drive around in. I wish I was back there right now!

Room Tip: The rooms in the tall building are not as quiet but I prefer that because I feel like I'm at an...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nixa, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My best friend and I stayed here recently (late Oct.2013) for our yearly girls getaway trip and we had a fantastic time!! We will definitely be coming back to have fun! The 2 bars that were attached to the resort were great!! Staff at both locations were absoultely accommodating and very friendly. Everyone was very helpful the minute we stepped in the front doors, from a friendly smile to recommending places to go eat, things to do, etc. The location is perfect because you are right on the beach and you are close to a grocery store, Walgreens, sports bars, and great restaurants. The rooms were very comfortable, the only thing that kept me from giving it an excellent review was that the carts rolling down the halls early in the morning were a bit much and one afternoon there was a cockroach crawling on the floor.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hampstead, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My best friend and I stayed at the Bilmar in August of 2013 as a "getaway" from the stress in our lives. The pictures on the website do not do it justice. From arriving into a beautiful lobby, being greeted by very friendly staff, to opening the door to our gulf front suite.....we were in awe. The beach is wide and the water blue....such a relaxing place. We ate in the restaurants and everything was great. The whole place is clean, our maid was friendly. We have been back since, in October....AND we have already booked our January stay. There is a lot to do in the area from festivals to fine art. A MUST if you are planning a visit to the area.

Room Tip: The queen deluxe suites are great. nice to have a fridge, etc.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Milan, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

First off...we have been traveling to Florida for the past 7 years...and come down about 2-3 times a year...Treasure Island is by far my favorite location to visit! We stayed at the Bilmar for the first time this October and have already booked our room for here in a couple of months...already counting down the days until I get to return! The things I like about this hotel are....1. location 2. Very clean rooms and the staff is very friendly! 3. Bars and restaurants on property. 4. The 2 pools and all of the other amenities and activities they have to do at the hotel.

I would say that I do have only 1 complaint and that would be the carts going up and down the halls so early in the morning.

I would totally recommend this hotel and look forward to my upcoming stay!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bilmar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!