My husband and I stayed at the Bilmar for 5 days in October 2013. Upon settling into our room I opened a kitchen cabinet and found 2 large live palmetto roaches. If you are not familiar with these roaches they are huge and at least 3 inches long. I called the front desk and they sent maintenance with a spray can. He sprayed them and flushed them. We tried to overlook it and enjoy our vacation even though we were pretty creeped out by these bugs. Later in the day we spotted a smaller cockroach in the silverware drawer. Yuk ! We went to bed and at 10:00 pm I was asleep and my husband woke me and said there was another palmetto roach crawling up the wall. It was huge and when I turned on the lights it ran under our bed. We called the front desk and they sent someone to our room. He was even creeped out by these things and finally got it with a vacuum cleaner. We insisted on changing rooms and at 11:00 pm we were sent to another room on a different floor on opposite end of the building. Of course my husband started searching and low and behold there was a cockroach in that silverware drawer. The person helping us move our things caught it. He informed us the manager would call us in the morning. We were told they come out in the dark so we slept with all the lights on and the tv all night. Needless to say we didn't sleep a wink and the next day was a loss because we were exhausted. The next morning the manager called and we were moved to a top floor room and were guaranteed there were no roaches. I never used the kitchen. We still slept with the lights on. We were never offered any kind of compensation for our horrible experience except a discount on a future stay. Are you kidding me ?? I would never recommend this resort due to the roach problem. Its a great area to stay but spend your money elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bilmar Beach Resort offers a traditional Florida beach get away with an aray of modern amenities. We have a central location on Treasure Island and are close to all the Tampa Bay area attractions. With over 15 million in recent upgrades including our signature restaurant Sloppy Joe's on the Beach we provide the service you desire with the relaxed atmoshpere you deserve. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Bilmar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilmar Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Bilmar Beach Treasure Island
- Bilmar Hotel
- Bilmar Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida