“Wedding Ceremony” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   10650 Gulf Boulevard, Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Treasure Island
“Wedding Ceremony”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Bilmar Beach Resort was our wedding place of choice and it proved to be the BEST place ever! Kerry Steiner and the resort team not only planned along side of us our special day, BUT exceeded our expectations! The vision and ideas we had they turned it into a magnificent ceremony! So many of our family and friends that stayed here were COMPLETELY satisfied we not only their own stay but how beautiful everything was!! If you are looking for a beach wedding I would recommend this to anyone!. Thank you Bilmar for an amazing wedding and a wonderful weekend! 9.13.13

Sheila&Andi

Room Tip: We had the penthouse and the view was spectacular!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Anderson, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We recently stayed at the BIlmar Beach Resort. Our original room was not quite what we expected. But it was quickly fixed. We were very impressed with how professional Kim, Kody and April were with us. Our room was very spacious, clean and appropriate for our party of 6. Location was great within walking distance to restaurants, grocery and drug store. Kudos to everyone that we interacted with during our stay!!

Casselberry, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I booked our getaway from a groupon deal purchasing a deluxe oceanfront suite. Upon our arrival, it was explained that they had issues with other rooms and had to move other guests around. They were sincerely apologetic and tried to accommodate us however they could. We were upgraded to the PH at no extra charge. We were so pleased with the mangaer Kims's above and beyond attitude that we booked an additional night in the room. The hotel while older in age, kept up with the needs of today. The hotel is centrally located around any necessity you may need along with being in walking distance to watersport activity. I would highly recommend this hotel and would book there again on my next vacation there.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This casual, oh-so-comfy, friendly beach resort is the jewel of Treasure Island. Carefully managed and tidy, you'll be served by the best in the hospitality profession at The Bilmar. From arrival to check-out, you'll breathe easier, smile sooner, and sleep great.

I'm a repeat Bilmar visitor, last staying there in May 2012. Since then, some outstanding upgrades made my stay even better the second time. Newly remodeled, the mattresses are a huge improvement; granite has replaced the surfaces in the kitchens and bath rooms; Wi-Fi is consistently effective; and you may print your boarding passes in the lobby. You can still count on the water quality and pressure being excellent, as well as free parking, and beach towels provided.

The location can't be beat - let other reviewers lead you there - but you will see why everyone loves the location.

What really sets Bilmar apart from the other local hotels ( and I've stayed in one other)....
the staff. I want to give a special shout out to two really, super great gals at the front desk: Ciera, and Lissa. Thanks ladies, for your special treatment, and I can't wait to hug y'all next time :) - Oh, and folks one other thing - I witnessed a housekeeper find and return a very fat wallet. I am sure the gentleman who misplaced it was super happy he left it at the Bilmar.

Room Tip: If you prefer a quiet season, with more of an adult scene, check in after Labor Day, or before Memor...
Commerce, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I also booked without seeing this location in person. I knew it was in a good location, at a good price, but I couldn't have been more impressed by the VERY helpful and friendly staff. The room (they let us upgrade from a gulf view to a room with a gulf balcony for a small charge) was really well appointed and the beds were comfy. When the room wasn't quite cool enough for us the maintenance guy was dispatched toot sweet to show us the ins and outs of the a/c. One pool was down for refilling and cleaning, but the other was plenty large enough for the guests and wonderfully maintained. I loved staying there and so did my family!

Room Tip: I would say that the rooms with balcony and kitchenette facing the gulf are GREAT!
Buckhorn, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

After an unfortunate experience at another hotel, we landed at the front desk of the Bilmar Beach Resort at 4 am without much hope. The front desk was not only compassionate but extremely concerned about helping us out of predicament. They found us a room on the very busy long Labour Day weekend, and made sure we were settled in comfortably over our six night stay. Every employee on site was professional and courteous. We were moved to a gulf view room for the last few days of our stay and we could not have been happier. I would certainly say BOOK IT to anyone who asked. Many thanks to the staff!

Room Tip: The gulf view was lovely at all times. Go for it as it made the days begin and end beautifully.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

First, this place is as described in the perfect reviews. It has the potential to be outstanding!

If you go to the Gulf in August and Sept., and the hotel won't tell you ( although there is a small snippet in the brochure), the water is loaded with stingrays. There is a safe way to navigate the ocean, but if you're not one to read the very fine print you can get stung.

Secondly, people who were not over-night guests crashed our pool (9), took up chairs and then left for the beach for a few hours. Okay, this happens, locals come to meet family who are from out-of-town, but this one family sat close to me and proceeded to give their sick kid PEPTO since she was sick. Umm..sick kids should not be in the POOL! Not if they have loose stools.

I was hesitant to tell the management ( they seem to all be pretty nice), but I don't like when people put others at risk and make selfish decisions like allowing their kid in a pool like that. They also let their sick kid do the beach slide *GASPS*.

I told the management, sat in the restaurant and waited. Nothing happened. Nobody came out for 45 minutes! So, I took my kids out of the pool and we left, which BTW, sucked since the Bilmar has the pool we booked the room for.

When we were leaving to check-out we came out of our room and headed toward the elevator. At this point we saw a worker with a bin of towels. When the elevator opened, HE got in with his cart, and left a family of 4 and 8 bags to wait for the elevator's return.

Okay, this place isn't supposed to be Trump Towers, but these few things have bummed me out enough to comment.

This things said, our room was spotless, and I mean clean! The parking was dreadful so don't leave and plan to come back in the evening.

I would love to come and stay there again, the over-all beauty of the Gulf, etc., could sway us back over time.

Room Tip: Get a kitchenette and go to Publix. The Mexican restaurant has huge portions and the people there ar...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bilmar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!