“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Treasure Island
Bronx, New York
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last week in July for 5 nights. My Sisters and their families stayed at the Bilmar for 3 or the nights that same week we stayed. We stayed in 2 gulf front efficiency which were next door to each other. The other room was gulf view studio on the second floor with a fabulous view of the gulf. Pros - Small hotel,Great room,great view -beach right outside back door-pool right outside front door. Room and pool clean, staff friendly, Bassies bar and grill very handy right there- good food from breakfast to dinner and of course pina coladas. Enjoyed the music playing there a few nights. Bar closed early so there was no noise after 10 pm most nights. Sloppy Joes restaurant another great place to eat. Walking distance to many restaurants Walgreens and public. Great walk or bike path. Fabulous sunsets! Plenty of activities on the beach for the kids to do including paddle boards
Cons Movie night rained and the movie was not rescheduled my neices were disappointed! Friday are Karaoke at Bassies and we left on Friday.
Great vacation would def go back again and would def recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have stayed at this resort three times now. I know the general manager personally and can I just say that it is the perfect hotel. I have come here for two family excursions- one reunion and one for just my parents and my siblings- and one romantic getaway for my boyfriend and I. This resort has the kindest staff, no matter what time of day they are always willing to help and do anything to accommodate your stay. I talked with the front desk staff for about twenty minutes on this stay because they were so pleasant. The restaurants serve very delicious quality beach resort food. The restaurant staff as well as the room attendants are kind and very much relaxed but attentive. It's the perfect ambiance to getaway from life. The beach has white sugar soft sand that stretches for miles. At my most recent stay at the Bilmar I saw two dolphins and a school of stingrays. The referrals the hotel has for local restaurant are simply splendid.

The beds are exceptionally comfortable as well. This resort is well worth your time and I certainly know I will be returning as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the gulf- it is so peaceful.
Land O Lakes, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We returned for another mini vacation. This time we stayed for just a couple of week nights. It is less crowded during the week which makes things nicer.

Friendly Staff.

We always get a room with a balcony and mini kitchen. Really enjoy the view from the balcony.

Room Tip: Nice Beds!
Villa Ridge, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on vacation 7-28 through 8-4. We had a great time and cant wait to come back for another visit. Our a gulf front room was clean and comfortable and the view was spectacular. The pools are both nice and the grounds are well kept. The staff we encountered during our stay was very friendly and helpful. Restaurants and pools close early enough that late night noise was never an issue.

Room Tip: we loved having a room with a balcony, it was definitely worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife, mother-in-law, and two small kids stayed at this location a couple years ago and had a good experience. We decided to take a quick "long weekend" trip to the Tampa area and stayed here. This time it was husband, wife, and two slightly bigger kids.

We stayed in a poolside efficiency. This room has two full or queen sized beds (wasn't really sure which). There is a kitchen with an apartment sized refrigerator, large microwave, and a two burner glass cooktop. The bath is separated into two small rooms, one with mirror and sink, the other with bathtub and toilet.

Overall it was clean and updated.

Both Sloppy Joes and Bazzies Beach Bar are attached to the property and have good food and service.

The beach outside is public, but appears to only be used by guests of this hotel and the other dozen or do along this beach... So not to crowded.

This probably wouldn't be the best place for couples or romantic getaways... But seemed pretty family friendly. You can stay here and not use your car - anything you should need is within a couple easy blocks.

Next time in the area I'll probably stay elsewhere, but have nothing bad to say about the property or service.

• Stayed August 2013
Brunswick, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in the Palm Building in a Gulf Deluxe double room. Had a balcony that overlooked the smaller pool and Sloppy Joe's Restaurant. Room was clean, had fridge, micro, stove top, coffee pot, pots, pans, glassware/plates and all kitchen utensils. Great for reheating/storing leftover, pop, water, etc. Noisy at night since it overlooks the pool and bar area, but seemed to quiet down by 11, or I just didn't notice it after that. Great flavored water dispenser in the main lobby that was different each day added a nice touch. Free beach towels at the desk. Did not have a problem with the room or customer service except when one of the hotel desk clerks seemed to want my first born child after exchanging towels, some never asked for the room number, just mentioned it because it was never consistent. Double beds were comfy and had LOTS of pillows! Bathroom small and needed an exhaust fan. Free coffee in the morning in the main lobby would have been a nice touch.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor in the corner and had a gulf beach view. I noticed some of the othe...
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The staff does not care a single bit about the customer experience. Our room keys suddenly stopped working around 11 pm, so we figure "hey lets just go to guest services to resolve the issue and reset the key or whatever". So we go to services and apparently the door lock just wasn't working at all anymore and it would be a job for a locksmith. So what would you expect from a hotel service in that situation??? Maybe a "hey, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, let me see if I can get you into another room" but no, I got nothing! Not even a single I'm sorry this happened. I was now confined to my hotel room on a Saturday night at 11pm while on vacation. The only option I was offered was that I could check out at 12:30pm in order to get reimbursed.... After my friend and I had a few drinks on the beach like normal people do when they're on vacation. The whole reason people pay $200 to stay in a room somewhere. So they can drink and relax, have fun without the worry of having to drive home. Just unbelievable in my opinion. I'll never return to the Bilmar.

• Stayed August 2013
GMBBR, General Manager at Bilmar Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Ms. L.,

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you encountered when your door lock malfunctioned during your recent visit. Such issues are very unusual; especially when the lock was working properly when you were able to check in early at 1:30 that afternoon and then apparently was working again the next morning. I regret that you did not feel the night manager was helpful when you brought the situation to his attention. Our records indicate he immediately dispatched the security personal with new keys but they would not work either. Fortunately his master key did work so you and your 4 guests had 24 hour access to your room; although assistance would be required. We felt the $56.00 refund made by the morning supervisor was in line with the temporary inconvenience. We strive to exceed expectations and I regret this issue caused us to miss our goal with your experience. I would be happy to speak with you and attempt to regain your confidence in the Bilmar Beach Resort on a future visit to Treasure Island. Sincerely, Clyde Smith – General Manager

Been to Bilmar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!