For this vacation, we were going to do the "Disney" thing again. Instead, we agreed to break it up and spend 4 nights on the Gulf. White sands, beautiful sunsets. Quiet and relaxing. Scenic views. What more could you ask for?
Prior to our trip, we read all the reviews and thought the Bilmar would be a great place to stay.
Get to hotel. Our check-in goes smoothly. Now, needed to move vehicle to park near our room. Oops, need to back up and go the wrong way in driveway. No double lane to pull around and 3-4 vehicles blocked the one lane. Better get a parking spot so we don't have to use the lot across the street.
Go to room in South Hi-rise. 3rd floor. Elevator is slow. Get to room at end of corridor. Open door and all of our good feelings are gone. Scenic view? Not when your room overlooks the roof of the restaurant and their rooftop A/C units. We asked for another room, but "everything is booked".
Bathroom is EXTREMELY small. Room A/C unit is LOUD. Bathroom fan is LOUD and has a nasty buildup of dirt and dust on it. Room smells musty and is old and tired.
After going to Gulf, we used the south pool. Pool was very nice, but it had so much chlorine in it, I truly thought it was filled with salt water.
Went to dinner at Sloppy Joes. EXCELLENT for both service and food.
Now we head back to room with our kids (8 & 12). The "quaint" music from the bar across the street is now louder and intrusive. Combine that with a loud ice machine right outside our door and we were doomed (Remember our A/C unit? We do since we heard it all night).
Finally fall asleep only to be noisely woken up before 8am by the dumpsters being emptied outside in front of our door.
IF, the doors and front walls were better sound barriers, we could have tolerated it. But, with 3 more nights to come, we checked out and went back to Orlando.
IF, you are a young couple or single, and want the nightlife, then the Bilmar is for you.
IF, you are a family, then I suggest staying somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- Bilmar Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Bilmar Beach Hotel
- Bilmar Beach Treasure Island
- Bilmar Hotel
- Bilmar Beach Resort Treasure Island
- Bilmar Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bilmar Beach Resort offers a traditional Florida beach get away with an aray of modern amenities. We have a central location on Treasure Island and are close to all the Tampa Bay area attractions. With over 15 million in recent upgrades including our signature restaurant Sloppy Joe's on the Beach we provide the service you desire with the relaxed atmoshpere you deserve. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Bilmar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.