We recently stayed a couple nights at the Bilmar on the way back home. This is a fantastic facility. Every luxury is provided onsite. The staff is very helpful and friendly. They really try to make your stay special.
We had a ground floor room which allowed us to easily access the beach or the parking lot.
There is a small restaurant in the middle of the beach side of the resort that offers breakfast, lunch and supper as well as drinks and live entertainment, whether it be a great guitar/singer and his world class air guitar accompianist, or karaoke.
Sloppy Joe's is at the south end of the complex. They offer a full bar and varied menu sure to offer something for most tastes.
I can't say enough about the staff or the location. A large sand/shell beach leads to the gulf where many were enjoying the water and sand.
There is a vendor that rents chaise and canopy combos all along the beach.
Just across the street (which has a crossing light and is taken very seriously when you cross) is a Walgreen's if you happen to need anything they carry. There is also a bar, Ricky T's? which has live music and was very busy while we were there. Next to Ricky T's is a nice ice cream shop with great ice cream and candy from the distant past, Clove gum, Teeberry gum, rock candy and much more. Down the street, canty corner across intersection from the hotel is a great T shirt shop with some great deals and tons of different products.
The beach is very wide at the Bilmar which allows for a spring fling called the Bands on the Beach (I think) which allows people to actually drive onto the beach much like they do at Daytona Beach. There is a volleyball net about fifteen feet behind the hotel on the sand as well as game boards, and another volleyball net across the beach sidewalk on the actual beach..
We left the morning of the big band show so we didn't get to sample the foods, music and other beach activities that were setting up that week.
While we were there, we got to see two weddings performed just across the beach sidewalk from the Bilmar. The Bilmar is set up to provide settings for weddings on the beach and receptions afterwards.
If you are in the area, I doubt you could find a more romantic, laid back place to spend your time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bilmar Beach Resort offers a traditional Florida beach get away with an aray of modern amenities. We have a central location on Treasure Island and are close to all the Tampa Bay area attractions. With over 15 million in recent upgrades including our signature restaurant Sloppy Joe's on the Beach we provide the service you desire with the relaxed atmoshpere you deserve. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bilmar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilmar Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Bilmar Beach Treasure Island
- Bilmar Hotel
- Bilmar Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida