“"Poor Customer Service"” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orlando, Florida
“"Poor Customer Service"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend. We were not informed that there was a party booked on the second floor which is where our room was located. There were people in the hallways till 3am, smoking and making noise. When we checked out, they said that the manager would call and she nevere did. When I called to speak to someone they said there was nothing they could do. To add to this, our room was never turned down. I had to go to the front desk to ask for clean towels etc. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed 2 nights here and enjoyed our stay. The staff was very nice. The room was clean and very nice. The bed was comfortable and the shower nice and hot. We had a little balcony that overlooked the marina and it was a very nice view. A short walk across the street brought us to the beach which was also very nice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side facing the marina are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Troy, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I must admit, I was a bit skeptical when I booked the reservation for this hotel. I have always stayed on the Gulf beach and although I missed the beach view, Treasure Bay had an amazing marina view.......change was good! I cannot tell you how wonderful/accommodating/efficient the staff was and we couldn't have asked for a better room. It was reasonably priced, very nice, clean, updated and the grounds were beautiful. It was truly an enjoyable vacation. I highly recommend this property and will be returning in a few months. I LOVE Treasure Island!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I just completed a 5 night stay today. It was reasonable in price for the location and quality of room. We were going to book another stay for this upcoming xmas but after our experience last night we decided on a different hotel. If you are going to stay here I Would definitely recommend staying on 3rd floor on the marina side so you do not have to hear people above you. A few complaints...the walls are very thin...we were placed right next to the elevator on second floor next to the club room and could hear EVERYTHING!!!On our last night we ventured out for dinner and when we returned a birthday/ fundraiser was in progress. WE had people screaming and holding conversations outside our door until about 2:30 -3:00 am. When we returned from dinner ALL guest parking was taken. My husband spoke with someone at the front desk and was told that we could park across the street. As being someone who has had my car broken into before I was not at all happy about this. I would think that if a hotel is going to host a party that their PAYING guest would be the priority. It should have been determined by management prior that ALL party goers would park in public parking lot across street or other location to avoid displacing it's guests. We were told the party would end around 10 pm and that was definitely not the case. We waited until about 12 am to complain to the front desk about the noise but nothing was ever resolved. Eventually we did call the police department since hotel did not want to take care the issue.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

If you know what you're in for, this is a good property for a family vacation. People need to remember that most of the hotels along Gulf Boulevard had been around for a long time and have been very well used. As such, many show a lot of wear and tear, but the Treasure Bay Hotel has aged well. He has a great location, close to stores, restaurants and accesses to the beach, and if you have a car there are dozens of locations to eat within a 10 minute drive. The rooms are good, clean and well appointed, and the staff is excellent, but the pool area is quite lacking and doesn't really look as good as the pictures make it seem. If you can get a room overlooking the marina, do it, as there is lots of activity in their and along the intracoastal waterway.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went to Treasure Island For a Marine Corps reunion and found out that the hotel the reunion was at was overbooked. We went to Treasure Bay and it was a great hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and the room was up to date and very clean. We will definitely stay there the next time we are down that way. It was cheaper than the original hotel, and was just as nice as the rooms in the original.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I booked the hotel through a travel source as they usually rave to be cheaper that way but not in my case. For the two nights I stayed if I would had booked through the hotel itself I would had saved $50.00. The hotel was willing to give it to me for their price which I was great full for but too much of a hassle! So always check the hotel website for cheaper rates before booking! Other than that..the staff was great and the rooms were very clean!!!! I was a happy girl this past weekend! Now back to reality of work a d the real world!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Treasure Bay Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!