“All around good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Treasure Bay Hotel & Marina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11125 Gulf Boulevard, Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Treasure Island
Dieppe, New Brunswick, Canada
“All around good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is very clean with a very accomodating staff. It is a hidden gem for someone wishing to have a quiet gettaway or a fully entertained week or month on the beach. It has all the amenities within walking distance: restaurants, groceries, souvenir shops and other shopping. It has great sunsets and if you wish to have live music at night, just a short walk on the beach or down the street. But by 10pm everything is quiet. This is our third time and we hope to return soon.
The lady at the front desk told us it will be converting to Thuderbird after December 2012.

Charlotte & Roland

Room Tip: We enjoyed the third floor front rooms because you get a really good view of the beach and your own...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Riverview, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights. No issues. Clean, comfortable hotel. Pleasant decor. Great location across from beach. Our room had ocean from across the street. Pool and jacuzzi nice features. Hotel is in walking distance to eateries/convienence stores.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Louisville, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great location. I chose this hotel due to reviews on here. It was ok, however, the walls are apparently made of paper. I have never been at a more noisy place, felt like people were bowling upstairs and whenever people were in the hallway, sounded like they were in our room. Other than that, across from public beach and room was fairly large. Not exactly a gulf view unless you count peeking through palm trees and buildings to catch a glimpse. You get what you pay for :-)

• Stayed October 2012
Davenport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

From the minute I walked into the lobby of this hotel I felt that I had made the right choice, the staff was very friendly and accommodating and the hotel over all was very clean and well maintained. When I walked into my room it was very clean and beautiful, I had a great view to the street and to the ocean in the far back.

The hotel room had a modern look with a flat screen TV as well as beautiful furniture and décor. The bathrooms were cleaned and well maintained and the room included a kitchenette with a small refrigerator and a microwave which was very convenient to me, especially because I was traveling with my 4 year old.

In addition, the hotel smelled and looked great, it had an outdoor terrace to hang out at night, and a comfortable area with tables and complimentary coffee and tea and board games; which also had a TV which was where I hung out after late hours while my family was sleeping. I also enjoyed the Jacuzzi and the pool they were very well maintained and they provided pool toys for the kids.

The hotel was located walking distance from great restaurants and it was right across the street from the beach. I definitely would love to come back to this hotel I was very impressed by the quality and the service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Saint Petersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Friday morining I needed to find a local - on the Gulf was a must- reasonably priced place to stay
for 2 nites. I went into the Best Western and there was Linda who greeted me with a smile that
was genuine. She quoted me a price I felt was affordable and also let me see a room and I was
sold. We needed a clean comfortable place to rest up after fun in the sun and I found it Then Linda told me that we could use the pool and hot tub at the adjoining property...I was now convinced this was the place to be for the WEEKEND GET AWAY. I went home to pack and upon returning to check in there was Luis and he had also greeted me with an enormous genuine smile. He checked us in and presented us with pool towels informing us that we could
get fresh dry towels anytime!!! just bring the used ones to the front desk. We all know how refreshing a dry towel is! That pool towel replacement would be the best amenity for me.
Anyways I must say that Linda and Luis at the front desk are a PLUS for Best Western. They
greeted me with their genuine smiles and were very helpful. The grounds keeper does a great
job keeping everything green and colorful. The housekeeping crew was pleasant as was maintenance and security. There are several restauants and souviener shops all within walking
distance. And the beach is exactly as it should be from the hotels...spacious with beautiful white
sand! Walk and enjoy the view

Room Tip: bottom floor with the quaint garden view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our stay for work was fantastic. Dawn, at the front desk, will get you anything you need. The beach is right outback. There are plenty of places to eat and drink within walking distance. Treasure island is in the perfect location for a relaxed visit to Florida's west coast.

• Stayed September 2012
hollywood birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stopped here in September arriving on Labor Day, check in was smooth and friendly we were given a room on the third floor at the front of the hotel which was really nice the balcony overlooked the pool and the road (we didnt here any noise fromt he traffic in the night).
The room was clean and had a small area with a sink, fridge and microwave, had no cultlery we knew this before arriving and as we had driven down from Orlando we just brought paper plates and plastic cutlery from the hotel there.

The front of the hotel facing the road/beach as the sun on it in the afternoon, so was nice to sit on the balcony late afternoon.

The room was clean and comfortable and we got a great rate for it, the hotel had a lounge area on the 2nd floor where there were seating free tea coffee and hot chocolate and gym also had a large Tv and board games.

The pool area was smallish but this was fine and was never crowded, there is a box were others had left pool toys which you could use for the pool.

The beach was across the road and it had a little cafe and volleyball nets, were crossed the road using the crossings and teis was not a problem.

St Johns Pass is a mile away, we did walk although there is a bus that goes there and ample parking (wanted a cocktail or 2 so left the car at the hotel).

Got some nice eateries within walking distance - loved Sloppy Joes, there is also a publix and we picked up salads bread and things you could pop into the microwave for lunches.

The hotel also has a laundry but only a couple of machines but they were fine, the hotel is only small but it was very nice and Treasure Island had a lovely laid back feeling to it.

Would definately return and recommend to others

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family