“Perfect Staff & And Perfect Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Treasure Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ridgeway, Virginia
“Perfect Staff & And Perfect Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Manager and staff could not have been more professional. Stayed there while attending the Republican National Convention. The service we received was the best service we have received in any hotel stay. The hotel is located within walking distance to many of the best restaurants on Treasure Island. When we left we were sad to be leaving our friends we had made with the manager and her staff. They really know how to take care of a group and went beyond what would be expected. Thanks to the Manager we felt like we were taken care of better than most of our friends who stayed in other places. Would love to visit again soon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Hotel was nice and in pretty good shape, but if they do not keep up on their maintenance, they will be going down pretty fast. You had to hold down the lever for the toilets in order for the toilets to flush completely, which was a drag. You also could not put the air conditioner below 70 degrees as they claimed this would stop circulating the air completely. Even at 70 the room was hot as the air was poorly circulated. Very skimpy on giving bathroom towels as well. The only thing that mostly bothered me was that when we asked if we could check out just 15 minutes later in order to finish our lunch, the employee there was not understanding in that situation, even though check-in is at 3 pm for other guests and I'm sure the cleaning staff isn't in every room when people check out at noon. With the exception of these, I would come back as the hotel was close to the beach and other eating places (Lucky for us).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Treasure Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay; howver, the hotel could make some really simple changes that would have enabled me to give them a better score. First off, there were supposed to be two adults and two children staying in the room, but there were only enough towels for two people. We requested more towels, which arrived promptly, but they didn't bring more face cloths. Next, the towel bar would fall off the wall at the slightest touch. Finally, and the worst, was the air conditioner that was located right by my head (poor place to locate the bed), and the rattling it made every time it turned on. Needless to say, I didn't get much rest.

I'm probably being a little critical, and this review is meant to be constructive. I would definitely stay again, but I would also ensure I was in a room where the AC is located on the opposite side of the room that the beds are located.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

An extremely clean hotel that is professionally run. The front desk people couldn't have been more helpful and were eager to please. Housekeeping worked hard and everything was maintained well. If you want a nice place to stay on Treasure Island that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg, and is close to everything, this is the place. We will stay again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

It's so cute, in an excellent location and the price was right. When we arrived (7/28) I was immediately suspicious because the room smelled heavily of Febreeze. To me, that's an automatic sign of a cursory clean (I am a housekeeping supervisor for private vacation homes so I know what to look for). I did a quick check of the bedding and bathroom and was unbelievably disappointed! I pulled back the bedding and both beds were covered in sand and one had food AND blood stains! Absolutely unacceptable. The bathroom had not been cleaned, there was toothpaste caked up behind the sink faucet, beard hairs in the sink, hair all in the tub, and soap scum in the soap dishes. Now I understand they are doing turn cleans and have a lot to do, but the rooms are like sparse and small. I could make the beds and clean the place in 20 minutes. I called around looking for a vacancy and, of course, couldn't find any at short notice so we had no choice but to deal. I called the front desk to get new sheets and new towels and I couldn't tell whether the woman was upset with me for calling or upset with the housekeepers for not cleaning, either way her attitude was crummy and unprofessional. The wifi sucked hard, couldn't open anything without the connection resetting. You had to hold the toilet handle down to flush- which wouldn't have been a problem if the toilets weren't so short! The rest of our stay was fine because we were going going going constantly. The guy who works the night shift was the jam! No matter how many times I came running to the lobby for something (whether it be more towels, more lotion, more soap, whatever) he was pleasant and didn't act like I was putting him out. He, and the private porch on the marina, are the only reasons I'm giving the hotel any stars at all.

Room Tip: The marina view is much better than the across-the-highway gulf view and try to get a room NOT in th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is my second time to the hotel we had a wonderful stay here the hotel is very nice and the staff is freindly! It's Only a 2 minute walk to the beach from our room! we had the marina view wich is my favorite We saw dolphins swimming around from our balcony and even a little mana ray and the sunrise was beautiful from the room! Over all this place is very nice for the location and price! We hope to be coming back soon!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Treasure Bay Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!