“Worst place I ever stayed in my life!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Molloy Gulf Front Motel and Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
The Molloy Gulf Front Motel and Cottages
You added The Molloy Gulf Front Motel and Cottages to your Saves list
10164 Gulf Boulevard, Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #34 of 45 Hotels in Treasure Island
Oneida, Tennessee
“Worst place I ever stayed in my life!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have a video of the huge roaches running everywhere and they were even in the bed, on top of that they refused to give us our money back!! Don't sleep in #1....The roaches were at least 4" long
I wish I could get the pictures to up load...you would never believe what we went threw for the couple of hour that we stayed...had just drove 13 hours to pick up our grandson and all we wanted was a place to sleep...turned down the covers and here they run...DONT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't sleep in #1
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Zephyrhills, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Loved the location, and staff! awesome view ! couldn't get closer to the beach. The only complaint I have is that the sofa bed was totally uncomfortable. I hurt all week, The last night was the worst, We had something made the bed feel like it was a big bar our backs. And the wi-fi was iffy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Montego Bay, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have Loved this place since I literally ran into it in 2001!! Went back a few years ago,but Now,can never find availability!! Everybody must've found out about it!!want to go back for 'the holidays' when i can see the x-mas parade on the bay,and the bikers parade!! Love to be there for the 4th!! U can walk to bars and restaurants!! Really Love Everybody There- Birgit,Ernie and Dianna!! Hi Guy's !!
Love Vicki

Room Tip: Rooms I've stayed in and seen,are all good!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is our fourth stay at the Molloy and it wont be our last. The motel is basic but has everything you need, sitting and dining area, kitchen, bedroom (with double and single beds) and bathroom, complete with tub and shower. The rooms have been upgraded slightly since we were last here and the rooms have flat screen tv's now and new kitchen appliances.
We stayed in a room on the ground floor with beach view. The location of this motel is what sets it apart from the rest along with the friendly owners Ernie and Birgit who are always on hand if anything is needed.
A lovely stay, we can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the beach are great with fantastic views, especially the sunsets.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
catherine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Last minute trip to area! Lots of places to choose from.

Motel room - double and single bed - fine for single woman needing place to stay while visiting family booked at more expensive hotel a couple of blocks up Gulf Blvd. Price was right and owners (Ernie, his wife and Diane) very attentive to guest needs. Minor hic-up with rowdy group celebrating birthday all day into night - had to speak to them myself to quiet them down.

Would be nice to have lounge chairs by small pool but wonderful being able to step right out onto sand. Room plain but spotless, microwave, coffee maker, small fridge, toaster. No maid service - not a problem for me - able to exchange towels as needed.

Definitely will stay here again for some R&R.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Groveton, New Hampshire, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here July/August. Our room was great! Yes a little dated, but otherwise CLEAN and COMFORTABLE! The service here was awesome! We made great friends, other guests and had a fun time! We were married there August 1st, right on the beach! The owners made our wedding very special. We will be going back year after year!

Room Tip: The gulf views are beautiful!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Beavercreek, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My family discovered the Molloy Motel in 1972. The current owners purchased it shortly thereafter. Birgit and Ernie are wonderful people. Although the Molloy is definitely dated, it is clean, and I was actually very comforted when I returned in 2010, to find the same artwork and bedspreads that were there in the 70's when I was a child. I now take my children to the Molloy. We own a timeshare in the area and choose to go to the Molloy because of it's retro-charm.

I have also found that IF I spot a maintnance problem or cleaning issue, I can go to the cleaning person, or Ernie, and they take care of it. As for peeling cabinets and linoleum, yes, it's time to fix it...but certainly don't change the overall decor.

Room Tip: The cottages are the best, but hard to get unless you make an early reservation. Poolside rooms get...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family