“Jefferson Motel in Treasure Island, FL” 4 of 5 stars

Jefferson Motel Apartments
10116 Gulf Blvd., Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #36 of 44 Hotels in Treasure Island
Lakeland, Florida, United States
“Jefferson Motel in Treasure Island, FL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Went here on a girls retreat trip and actually came back the following month with daughter and grandchildren and it was so nice. Friendly staff, clean and the ocean was not far from our rooms. Was in walking distance from store and eating. Enjoyed the Ice Cream Parlor. Very enjoyable place Will visit again. Met some great people and pool was nice and warm and clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We decided to go to Treasure Island last minute and searching hotels in the area was a nightmare. Call after call it was either too expensive or they did not have two rooms in an apartment-like setting that we wanted. When I called the Jefferson Hotel I have to say it was refreshing. Johnny, the manager, was so nice and had all the information I needed and the price was extraordinary!! He told me to call and confirm the night before if we could check in early and we could, which was a bonus.
Upon arrival we saw a beautifully newly painted hotel that was only steps from the beach. Let me tell you, I never thought we would be able to afford a hotel so close to the beach but low and behold, The Jefferson!! We entered the office and Johnny gave me two keys to the different rooms they had available to see which I would prefer, and any woman appreciates that, right? We chose room 23 upstairs and it was beyond our expectations.
Although I did bring 3 cans of Clorox wipes and a bottle of bleach, I must say it was spotless. We wiped down all of the surfaces, and moved in.
The had everything we needed from dishes, cups, plates, can openers, coffee pot, toaster, pots and pans, utensils and even wine glasses. Although I brought my own just in case. We had coffee at an upstairs patio set in the morning and watched the sun rise and grilled out steaks one night.
It was the most relaxing and convenient vacation that I have had in a long time. I felt safe and secure with the abundance of lights in the walk-ways and the surveillance cameras.
We usually spent the morning at the beach and the afternoon at the pool. I would highly recommend this to all of my friends and family and plan on returning again next year for our little getaway. Thanks Johnny!
Don't forget to check out R-Bar for dinner...all you can eat specials and the prices are amazing. We also traveled to John's Pass for the day to walk around and have lunch. They offer a pirate cruise and a casino boat also.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 23 and it was great. I would recommend replacing the refrigerator but other than...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cambria Heights, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The manager Johnny was so great with us. The place is clean, staff and people super nice. The room was big, love the stove/kitchen. You walk onto the beach, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. for a first timer in tampa its was like home. Me and my girlfriend will definitely be returning

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My family and I recently had a stay here and this was a great motel. The motel was very cozy and homelike. The manager, Johnny, was very nice and understanding to our needs. The motel is in a great location, close to the beautiful beach, close to a great fishing pier and had a clean pool. We will be staying again for sure. I defiantly recommend this for a weekend stay for anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bracknell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We spotted this motel on our drive past St.Petes. The manager showed us 2 rooms before asking us to pay which was the first time anyone had done this. The rooms were large with a seperate kitchen/sitting room. Probably a few things need updating but on the whole, clean and spacious with an AMAZING VIEW of the coast. This motel is situated right on the beach which is beautiful white sand. The pool area was clean and there was a BBQ for guests to use. We stayed for 3 nights. There are pubs and restaurants nearby and a Publix supermarket. We drove to Johns Pass which was our favourite place. Would recommend this motel.

Room Tip: Top floor will have the best views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My sister and I took our elderly Mom to the Jefferson recently for her birthday. The pictures on their website are VERY deceiving. The first thing we noticed upon arrival was that they don't have any assigned handicap parking places. As I went to enter the office to check in, the door was locked (during normal business hours) and I had to ring a doorbell and wait awhile for someone to come to the door. Once we entered our room, we were greeted with the smell of mold and musty heat. I felt as though I had entered a time machine was taken back to the 70's. Mind you, they claimed on their website that their rooms were recently renovated. There were no ice trays in the freezer, so I figured there was an ice machine on property. No such luck. The faucet in the tub had a steady leak, and not just a drip, it was a constant flow, however, the shower did not work. My sister reported this to the office and the woman gave us a key to another room. We didn't feel like moving at this point, so she said we could use the additional room to shower in, yet another disappointment, when we turned on the faucet in the second room, the water came out black. The floors and the carpeting were so old and dirty that we wore our flip flops when we were in the room, otherwise our feet would get dirty. The lighting was so dim, I could have used a flashlight, especially in the bathroom. The large burner on the stove did not work and the temperature knob for the oven spun around, so you couldn't determine the actual oven temperature. The mattress on the sofa bed had a huge stain on it. It appears on the website as though the rooms have balconies. This is a façade. It is simply railing against the sliding doors. The sliding doors didn't lock properly and the screen doors weren't even on the track. We were in the pool and suddenly the large flood light in the pool was disconnected and floating in the pool. I found the maintenance man and told him about the situation and his response was "it happened again, the screw is missing". He came over to the pool and put the light back in place again without using a screw. I believe the pool light isn't the only thing missing screw around this place. I am not one to complain and I have never posted a review on tripadvisor, but I don't want anyone else to be as disappointed as we were in this place.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tampa Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is not a fancy hotel. It is individually owned and right on the most beautiful beach in Treasure Island. The rooms are dated, but fine. The couches are old and worn, but they're not why you are there. The rooms are basic with the beds being OK in terms of comfort. It did seem clean, which is really important. If you're not expecting luxury, then this is fine. We had a double room with 4 double beds and 2 pullout couches which can accommodate 8 (legally). It was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Jefferson Motel Apartments? Share your experiences!