“I love it here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cheri Lyn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Cheri Lyn Motel
You added Cheri Lyn Motel to your Saves list
11705 Gulf Blvd, Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Treasure Island
Ottawa Canada
“I love it here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I just spent a very relaxing and enjoyable week at the Cheri Lyn Motel. I stayed in and efficiency apartment on the ground floor. It was very clean and comfortable and well equipped. Tile floors throughout, and in the kitchen area as well as the bathroom. The efficiency was well equipped and everything worked very well. I could not have asked for more or anything better or nicer. Very nice pool area, and always chairs our lounges available. The price is very good considering the comfort here. It is across the street from the beach, but a traffic light and crosswalk is right in front of the motel, with beach access directly across the street. I did not have a car, but used Jimmy's free rides a couple of times, and mostly the beach trolley, which has all day passes available for 4.50. The owners were are onsite and very friendly and helpful. I would definitely like to return here when I am next in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Found this little place on trip advisor, lovely little motel, owners can't be more helpful, lovely & clean, they are in the middle of refurbishing the place but you wouldn't notice. Across the road from the beach very relaxing place. a 10min walk to the right to John's Pass then left 4 small blocks from a few other little restaurant's. If you like Mexican you must try the VIP to the left $5 Margareta's $5 pitchers you will have to wait & the kitchen shuts at 10pm.
Lovely quite place lovely for all ages mostly older people they when we were there 5th of oct 2wks.

Room Tip: Upstairs room 33 or 34 you can see the sea
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
oshawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Thank you Dave Dan & Trish for a great 3 weeks, we are always well taken of and really appreciate it, you have really worked hard to make the place as great as it is, especially Dave who always seemed to be working very hard in Apt. near to us. It is a great place to see old friends who stay yearly with you and also to make new one's, keep up the good work. If you want a great place to stay with real good folks this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Choose one of the Apts. with a separate bedroom, it is great value for your money.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was visiting the area to start my search for a destination wedding venue. I was looking for a budget friendly motel that was centrally located from where I was conducting my search and stayed for 9 days I think. This place was fantastic. Re-vamping the front of the hotel that faces the main road may attract more people, but don't let the front look scare you away. The inner area where the rooms are located along with the pool are beautiful. The place is very well kept. Our room was very spacious with a full kitchen, 2 double beds, an ice cold air conditioner and a newly renovated bathroom. I felt very comfortable here and everyone else staying at the property were very friendly. I was in and out all day long but it was nice to come back to this place after an exhausting day of wedding searches to relax at the pool, BBQ some burgers and sip on a few cocktails. The beach is right across the street, but there is a little hike to get to the water since the beach itself is huge. They came to clean your room and bring fresh towels when requested which is nice. Parking could be tricky, but we never had an issue even when we had a visitor. The pricing is amazing, the place was clean and I have actually recommended this place as an option for my wedding guests who are looking to stay at a budget friendly motel as opposed to the resort where the wedding will be as a lodging option.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Secane, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

First time staying here and I can assure you it won't be our last. Our room was awesome. The living room was huge as was our bedroom and bath (beautifully updated). The pool was always sparkling clean and the grounds were just lovely. We enjoyed every minute of our vacation here. Excellent beach access and within walking distance to restaurants, shops, Johns Pass. Would definitely recommend and looking forward to going back again next year! Thank you Cheri Lyn!! You should be in the TOP 5!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed this past weekend (07/26/13-07/28-13) and LOVED IT! The price was perfect for our last min. get away. VERY CLEAN! The owners were great. The rooms are adorable. The kitchen area is huge compared to most places and perfect for a family trip. Our friends were at an expensive resort up the street and I have to say our room was so much nicer! We loved the family atmosphere and cannot wait to go back with our daughters.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Cheri Lyn Motel from March 3/13--April 3/13. Even though this was our first time staying at this motel, we had nothing but positive things to say about this place. We found the owners : Trisha, Dan and David very dedicated to their business, always being on site and very accommodating in every way possible. One evening we were on our way to a concert on the beach and Dan even offered us lawn chairs, which we able to have in our possession up until the day we left for home. The common area was certainly a bonus, ideal place for the pot lunch that was held one evening in March, that certainly provided a nice family atmosphere that you don't experience in a lot of higher end motels.
We would definitely go back again if we could get a one bedroom, we just found the efficiency although very clean with a nice updated kitchen and bathroom just a little too small for a months stay.
We would certainly recommend this motel to anyone looking for accommodations in Treasure Island anytime.
Thank you Trisha, Dan and David for making our vacation such a memorable one.

Room Tip: The upper level has a better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cheri Lyn Motel? Share your experiences!