“Fantastic stay in June 2013” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cheri Lyn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Cheri Lyn Motel
Save Saved
You added Cheri Lyn Motel to your Saves list
11705 Gulf Blvd, Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Treasure Island
Detroit, Michigan
“Fantastic stay in June 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was visiting the area to start my search for a destination wedding venue. I was looking for a budget friendly motel that was centrally located from where I was conducting my search and stayed for 9 days I think. This place was fantastic. Re-vamping the front of the hotel that faces the main road may attract more people, but don't let the front look scare you away. The inner area where the rooms are located along with the pool are beautiful. The place is very well kept. Our room was very spacious with a full kitchen, 2 double beds, an ice cold air conditioner and a newly renovated bathroom. I felt very comfortable here and everyone else staying at the property were very friendly. I was in and out all day long but it was nice to come back to this place after an exhausting day of wedding searches to relax at the pool, BBQ some burgers and sip on a few cocktails. The beach is right across the street, but there is a little hike to get to the water since the beach itself is huge. They came to clean your room and bring fresh towels when requested which is nice. Parking could be tricky, but we never had an issue even when we had a visitor. The pricing is amazing, the place was clean and I have actually recommended this place as an option for my wedding guests who are looking to stay at a budget friendly motel as opposed to the resort where the wedding will be as a lodging option.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Secane, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

First time staying here and I can assure you it won't be our last. Our room was awesome. The living room was huge as was our bedroom and bath (beautifully updated). The pool was always sparkling clean and the grounds were just lovely. We enjoyed every minute of our vacation here. Excellent beach access and within walking distance to restaurants, shops, Johns Pass. Would definitely recommend and looking forward to going back again next year! Thank you Cheri Lyn!! You should be in the TOP 5!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed this past weekend (07/26/13-07/28-13) and LOVED IT! The price was perfect for our last min. get away. VERY CLEAN! The owners were great. The rooms are adorable. The kitchen area is huge compared to most places and perfect for a family trip. Our friends were at an expensive resort up the street and I have to say our room was so much nicer! We loved the family atmosphere and cannot wait to go back with our daughters.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Cheri Lyn Motel from March 3/13--April 3/13. Even though this was our first time staying at this motel, we had nothing but positive things to say about this place. We found the owners : Trisha, Dan and David very dedicated to their business, always being on site and very accommodating in every way possible. One evening we were on our way to a concert on the beach and Dan even offered us lawn chairs, which we able to have in our possession up until the day we left for home. The common area was certainly a bonus, ideal place for the pot lunch that was held one evening in March, that certainly provided a nice family atmosphere that you don't experience in a lot of higher end motels.
We would definitely go back again if we could get a one bedroom, we just found the efficiency although very clean with a nice updated kitchen and bathroom just a little too small for a months stay.
We would certainly recommend this motel to anyone looking for accommodations in Treasure Island anytime.
Thank you Trisha, Dan and David for making our vacation such a memorable one.

Room Tip: The upper level has a better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
LAKELAND FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was a quick weekend escape since we just live an hour inland. We have stayed at another motel and a condo in the exact same area previously. For our money's worth this was definitely the best bet for just two nights. First of all I like the fact that you can just stay for a night or two. We ended up getting 4 different rooms. I definitely would recommend the efficiency over the regular room especially since it is only a $5 difference. The rooms was glistening clean. Although we did not use the kitchen they were well stocked if you needed to cook..Each room was a little different in appearance but I was impressed with all of them. Each room had a little table and two chairs in front of them to relax. Pool area and courtyard were very appealing. Front office person was very friendly and eager to please. One pillow was little hard. Our bathroom sink was a little small since it had no ledge. Our A/C unit was a little too noisy for me at night but I don't think the other rooms had the same problem. But I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

us girls stayed here at Cheri Lyn Motel and it was excellent. Clean friendly and easy to get to the beach. Look out I'm coming back. I enjoyed my vacation. I would give this top billing. Right across the street was a trolley and there free yes free cab rides. the sunsets were out of this world. the owner's were right on site at all times in fact i looked myself out of my room no problem they were right there. there was a game room outside shuffle board and the pool was very very clean. the only problem with me was it wasn't pet friendly, i would have like to have taken my dog.

Room Tip: I stayed upstairs in room 25 nice and quite.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Let me start with the staff. They are so sweet and attentive. We had never stayed at treasure island and was leary about renting.
The hotel is lovely, very clean and the grounds are kept immaculate. Its an older hotel which has been renovated wonderfully. Our room was on the ground floor and had a full size kitchen. The full size beds were very comfortable and the updated bathrooms were great too.
We are a family of 4 and the room was fine.
The hotel is across the street from the beach but not a big deal at all.
Would definitely return.
I only wish it was pet friendly

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor, but our friends room upstairs was just as nice
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Cheri Lyn Motel? Share your experiences!