“Very Clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Chest Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Sea Chest Motel
You added Sea Chest Motel to your Saves list
11780 Gulf Boulevard, Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Treasure Island
Romeoville
“Very Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Because we booked our room too late, we ended up with one of the smallest rooms (it was the only one they had left), but the only reason we have a room is to store our luggage and sleep, and for that it was perfect. The motel is very well run and super clean!!! We enjoyed our stay, and will be going back again. The motel is right on the beach, so we were able to enjoy the beautiful sunsets every night. Because the motel is smaller, it seemed like everyone was friendly (even the guests).

Room Tip: The Sea Chest is popular, so if you want a good room, book early.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Auburndale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My first time staying at the Sea Chest. The rooms are very nice and very clean
My complaints are:
When I checked in I was told I would be staying in a different room than promised. Mine was given to someone who was here for an extended visit.
Hskp. Asked if I wanted service and I told them no. I went to the beach and when I came back they had been in the room.
I thought I might stay an extra night, even if I needed to change rooms. This was before the front desk called to make sure I knew checkout was 10 am, because they said I liked to sleep late and I needed to be out by 10:00. I came here to relax...not sure why they are concerned with my sleeping habits

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This was the second time I have visited the Sea Chest this year. I continue to be amazed at how well kept the property, including the pool area. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are basic but nice.

• Stayed September 2013
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Two weeks in room 116. Great views, some seclusion. We've been coming here for years, and have found it to always be clean and enjoyable. Super service in both the rooms and at the front desk. Bob will do whatever he can to provide a great stay. Room 116 has been partially renovated; the bathroom still hasn't been done. This room is bright, gets good "blow through" when the windows are open and is comfortable. We always make our reservation for the coming year before we leave. Some people prefer other rooms on the second floor, but they too always make their reservations prior to leaving. We'll be coming back for as long as we can. Well, until I convince my wife we should be living in Hawai'i.

Room Tip: Always book a room on the upper floor. Better view, less noise. Having stayed in nearly every room a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Plant City, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was late booking for Labor Day and the only place that had reservations for the days I need was The Sea Chest. So we took. After arriving I realized we have found our HAVEN!! I will not book any where else. The front desk was friendly & helpful. The prices are beyond reasonable. And the rooms were super clean & cozy. Access to the beach was easy & their pool was clean & clear. I prefer this quaint place over the higher end more crowded resorts. I would recommend The Sea Chest to anyone!!! Will be calling again very soon!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Last weekend, we stayed in a newly renovated room (#103) at the Sea Chest Motel. This was my first experience at this motel, and it certainly won't be my last. The accommodations were more that I expected with a small but full kitchenette complete with stove, microwave, full size refrigerator, coffee pot, and all the utensils, dishes, pots and pans, needed to prepare a meal.
There was a comfortable pull-out sofa bed, queen size bed, flat screen TV, table and chairs, and new full bathroom. Everything was immaculate, including the pool and surrounding grounds. We even managed to cook out hot dogs on one of the gas grilles, after spending a wonderful day on the white sandy beach. The host and hostess were most accommodating, and obviously take a lot of pride in providing one of the nicest motels on the island. It's no wonder that several of their guests told us that they keep returning year after year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Seven Valleys, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We've stayed at Treasure Island for many years. Most of that time we stayed at the Arvilla, which I see now is rated #1. Well, the Arvilla was booked this year and we ended up staying here at the Sea Chest. What a pleasant surprise to find this motel even better! They keep the place very clean. My wife and I are picky about such things and this place suited us just fine. You could tell the room we stayed in had recently been renovated. All in all, a great stay!!! We'll surely be back to Treasure Island again. When we do, it will be the Sea Chest for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sea Chest Motel? Share your experiences!