“Nice small friendly motel with a great view of the ocean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Chest Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Sea Chest Motel
Save Saved
You added Sea Chest Motel to your Saves list
11780 Gulf Boulevard, Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #11 of 43 hotels in Treasure Island
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nice small friendly motel with a great view of the ocean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This was the second time I have visited the Sea Chest this year. I continue to be amazed at how well kept the property, including the pool area. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are basic but nice.

• Stayed September 2013

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Two weeks in room 116. Great views, some seclusion. We've been coming here for years, and have found it to always be clean and enjoyable. Super service in both the rooms and at the front desk. Bob will do whatever he can to provide a great stay. Room 116 has been partially renovated; the bathroom still hasn't been done. This room is bright, gets good "blow through" when the windows are open and is comfortable. We always make our reservation for the coming year before we leave. Some people prefer other rooms on the second floor, but they too always make their reservations prior to leaving. We'll be coming back for as long as we can. Well, until I convince my wife we should be living in Hawai'i.

Room Tip: Always book a room on the upper floor. Better view, less noise. Having stayed in nearly every room a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Plant City, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was late booking for Labor Day and the only place that had reservations for the days I need was The Sea Chest. So we took. After arriving I realized we have found our HAVEN!! I will not book any where else. The front desk was friendly & helpful. The prices are beyond reasonable. And the rooms were super clean & cozy. Access to the beach was easy & their pool was clean & clear. I prefer this quaint place over the higher end more crowded resorts. I would recommend The Sea Chest to anyone!!! Will be calling again very soon!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Last weekend, we stayed in a newly renovated room (#103) at the Sea Chest Motel. This was my first experience at this motel, and it certainly won't be my last. The accommodations were more that I expected with a small but full kitchenette complete with stove, microwave, full size refrigerator, coffee pot, and all the utensils, dishes, pots and pans, needed to prepare a meal.
There was a comfortable pull-out sofa bed, queen size bed, flat screen TV, table and chairs, and new full bathroom. Everything was immaculate, including the pool and surrounding grounds. We even managed to cook out hot dogs on one of the gas grilles, after spending a wonderful day on the white sandy beach. The host and hostess were most accommodating, and obviously take a lot of pride in providing one of the nicest motels on the island. It's no wonder that several of their guests told us that they keep returning year after year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Seven Valleys, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We've stayed at Treasure Island for many years. Most of that time we stayed at the Arvilla, which I see now is rated #1. Well, the Arvilla was booked this year and we ended up staying here at the Sea Chest. What a pleasant surprise to find this motel even better! They keep the place very clean. My wife and I are picky about such things and this place suited us just fine. You could tell the room we stayed in had recently been renovated. All in all, a great stay!!! We'll surely be back to Treasure Island again. When we do, it will be the Sea Chest for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Venice, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family stayed in a large apartment (123) recently after seeing all the great reviews and after staying there myself I am left scratching my head at the other reviews. The room size was great however I can't believe that the room was renovated recently...It looked like a few things had been updated but not the majority of the bathroom or kitchen. The beds seemed to be very old and one of them sloped at a downward angle making it very uncomfortable. The mold growing in the air conditioner in the bedroom and the smell it caused was terrible. The worst however is the noise from the units surrounding you especially from above. The bedroom of our unit appeared to be under the living area of the unit above us and there were numerous nights (3 in a row) that my family ended up out in our living room to escape all the stomping and running of feet that went on until almost 2:30 in the morning. The pool and the surrounding grounds are quite well kept. The beach is beautiful especially at sunset. The staff seemed friendly but indifferent. Parking wasn't a problem for us because we asked about it at check-in.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Even after reading all the great reviews i was still blown away by the size of the room we had. My husband and I have been vacationing at Treasure Island for yrs and this place by far was the best . We had room 102 the large apartment , and by large will sleep 6. The main bedroom had a queen and twin bed , living room had a large sofa bed and a small sofa bed . the dining area had a large table with 4 chairs with separate kitchen that had a full size refrigerator not one of those tiny under the cubbard ones that you can't fit much in . there was 3 large clothests one in main bedroom another in living room that had a extra drawers and ironing board but you need your own iron. also another large closet located in hall leading to bathroom. this hall also had another vanity sink which was a great bonus. there was 2 flat screen tvs one in living room other in bedroom. Livnig room also had a desk for your laptop and just ask at desk when you check in for free wifi code . there was also 2 comfy chairs by the large front window . The pool was heated fresh water and very large . And plenty of water toys for all. And just like inside the outside was a clean and neat as a pin. We live on the east coast of florida but always loved the gulf and the beautiful beaches of the west coast . we are already making plans to come back to the Sea Chest soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Chest Motel? Share your experiences!