“Wonderful place to stay at a great price!” 5 of 5 stars

Swashbuckler Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11875 Gulf Blvd, Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #32 of 45 Hotels in Treasure Island
Carbondale, IL
“Wonderful place to stay at a great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Nice comfortable place. Even though it isn't on the beach side I could see the beach from my living room window (which is better than when I stayed on the beach before). The staff was great! Dick was so wonderful and was always offering any help that we might need and made sure we were comfortable and enjoying ourselves. The place is close enough to anything you might need (groceries, restaurants, etc.). I stayed in an apartment that you can rent weekly (also nightly) and it was furnished with everything you needed down to the plates and silverware, pots and pans, and spices. Thanks for a great time and I look forward to going back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kodiak, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

This is the second time my family and I have stayed at the Swashbuckler. We enjoyed every minute of it. We like that it is a small family-owned motel. The staff was always friendly, courteous, and helpful. Yes, we have to cross the street to go to the beach but it is a wide, beautiful and clean, sugar sand beach and not too crowded. The pool area is well-kept and the pool itself: very inviting. Not only would I recommend this motel to anyone, we are already making plans for next year.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

Had a great time. Management was very helpful and very friendly. The service we received daily was outstanding. There was nothing that Dick (owner) wouldn't have
done for us.
The location was great! Walking distance from the Gulf as well as shops for shopping.
Our room was very comfortable. We felt like we were at home!
We are sure to go back the next time we get the opportunity.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

Dennis the manager is a friendly, helpful person. They have the lowest rates by the week on the entire stretch of beaches.

The beach is across the street. Friendly family atmosphere.

Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
NE St. Pete
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

I called earlier this week to reserve a room here for the end of July for my wife's bday, since it was highly rated on tripadvisor.com. The manager on the phone said I should stop by sometime in the next week to see if I like the rooms. I stopped by this morning. There was a sign on the door to call him. I did. He got rude on the phone after I said I'm here to look at a room. Said "You should have called me and set up a time to see it! Someone's renting the rooms right now! I'm not on the property! I could have saved you a trip if you would have called." I said "I did call and you told me to stop by, which I'm doing now." Anyway, the office had stuff all over the place. Towels over the counter, just stuff strewn over the room. The property is a dump and across the street from the beach. Get a room on the beach on a motel instead. The Page Terrace is WAY better location, view of the ocean, swimming pool, right next to Sloppy Joe's, clean, and friendly, and it's ~$79/nite. We're staying there!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Marion, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

My husband, teen son and I had the pleasure of a recent stay at the Swashbuckler Motel! All of the prevous reviews were right on about the quality and service provided! We stayed from June 11, 2009 to June 18, 2009 and had a great time! Our apartment was very clean and comfortable. It had a queen sized bed and a TV in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room. My son slept on the sofa bed and never complained even once! The kitchen had all I needed to prepare simple meals. I loved that beach towels and chairs were provided for our use! We did use the pool and found it to be clean and refreshing after swimming in the gulf. Dick the owner and Dennis the manager are great guys who are full of good information about the area. They are both ready to help out with whatever you may need for your stay.
We don't visit Florida as much any more, but when we decide to visit Treasure Island again you can find us at the Swashbuckler Motel!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

We stayed at the Swashbuckler in 2008 for a week, and again in March 2009. I thought that after a year the place might of looked a little run down with people coming and going, but was pleasantly surprised that it was just as nice the second time around. The owner and manager are both great guys and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. The Gulf was beautiful, and we even went parasailing at Johns Pass which is right down the street. If things work out right we'll be back again in 2010.
MCCRAY/INDIANA

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Swashbuckler Motel? Share your experiences!