“Best Deal On The Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swashbuckler Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Swashbuckler Motel
Save Saved
You added Swashbuckler Motel to your Saves list
11875 Gulf Blvd, Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Treasure Island
Indiana
“Best Deal On The Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We just completed our sixth stay at the Swashbuckler Motel. This time we stayed in Unit 201 where we had the usual great service and good Wifi reception. Our two week stay was from April 21 to May 5, 2012. Rich, the manager, was right there for any assistance needed and did a linen exchange after the first week. Both Rich and Dick, the owner, are pleasant people to deal with and they put forth every effort to make you feel at home. This time we traveled with friends who stayed in Unit 104 and were equally happy with their accomodations. Prices are very resonable and to us it is the best deal on the beach

Room Tip: I think the rooms closest to the office will have the best wifi reception.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ottumwa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Friendly,Clean, Wonderful Staff. Just what we were looking for.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012 via mobile

I stay a lot of places. Wow was I impressed with swashbuckler. The sign is not impressive but the room I had 106 was the nicest for this price range I've ever seen. Full kitchen and lovely decor
I enjoyed my stay . Helpful staff and the other guests were very nice. Quiet. No one bothered me ever, but when I needed towels or a bar suggestion or when i wanted to extend my stay -- they were there for me!

• Stayed March 2012
Treasure Island, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I came to visit Treasure Island and happen to come across the Swashbuckler Motel. Well the area seem to be very nice, how convenient,across the beach,in front of the Sunset Vista,(coffee house and breakfast really cheap), a block away from Circle K.,three blocks away from the Police Department,(very own Treasure Island Police Department).Seriously! 35 miles speed limit.(No speeding allowed(get the picture?) "How many crimes can happen here"? I said. Well, none,! Look it up people! I came on a vacation in April, and I'm still here. I love Treasure Island. I feel very safe here.Welcome to the Swashbuckler Motel. I'm home.
The real story, THEY JUST FOUND A DEAD BODY IN ONE OF THE ROOMS.

• Stayed April 2011
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

The place would have been great if it wasn't for long-term guest having domestic fights all night long.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Ottumwa, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Swashbuckler the entire month of February, 2011, and I can't imagine that we would have had a better experience anywhere else. Our apartment was well-furnished, extremely clean, and provided the ammenities that made us feel at home. From beach chairs, towels, and umbrellas, to a well-equipped kitchen, to clean linens whenever we desired ... the Swashbuckler offers it all. They address maintenance issues on an immediate 'as needed' basis; consequently, the apartments are well-maintained and well-kept.

Centrally located along the Gulf Boulevard strip of Treasure Island, our unit was just across the boulevard from the soft white sandy beaches, Gulf waters, and incredible sunsets. Dick, the owner, and Rich, the manager anticipate your needs and help in whatever way they can. My husband has limited mobility, and both Dick and Rick pitched right in when we checked in to help us get our things carried upstairs to our apartment. Rich helped me carry up groceries whenever he saw us come back from the store, and assured me he was just a phone call away. Rich was always willing to drop what he was doing to take care of anything we needed, as was Dick when he was around, but neither were ever a nuisance or bothered us unnecessarily. Both Dick and Rich truly want to accommodate their guests and provide whatever is needed to insure their stay is enjoyable.

Have a question where something is located, or need a suggestion for any shopping, restaurant, or business? Both Dick and Rich are well-familiar with the area and never steered us wrong. They truly made us feel welcome, and we couldn't have enjoyed our stay any more than we did.

Dick, Rich, and the Swashbuckler truly made our first snowbird experience a success! We've already made our reservations for next February/extended into March. Yep ... it's at Treasure Island, Florida ... and at the Swashbuckler. We look forward to seeing you next year, Dick and Rich.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Kodiak, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

My family and I have had the pleasure of staying at the Swashbuckler several times over the past three years. We enjoy the laid back attitude of the area and proximity to the sugar-sand beaches of Treasure Island. The staff was attentive when we needed them but not a bother. We were there over the 4th of July holiday and are returning next week for the Thanksgiving holiday. I am grateful that we can find a quality place to stay with a home-like feeling.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Swashbuckler Motel? Share your experiences!