“Will be going back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Treasure Island
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Will be going back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

We all loved this hotel! We stayed for 5 days last week with 6 people and didn't have any issues. I will say though that the beds are a little hard and the mattress on the sleeper sofa was bad. I would advise to bring thick blankets if your sleeping there. Other then that we will for sure be going back!!! They even had a grill by the pool so we had a bbq our last night.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Much hadham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stayed here in the 3 bed suite and having looked at trip advisor on our return others have clearly had similar complaints. on arrival at 4 pm our room was quite dirty, floor sticky, door handles dirty, crumbs in the kitchen. Hairs were in bathrooms etc. Dust everywhere. It really didn't look like it had been cleaned at all after the last holidaymakers had left, only that beds had been changed. Although I felt like complaining, we all just wanted to start our holiday so while my children went down to the pool I cleaned all around. Towels and bins are supposed to be emptied every other day, however often we would come back to find a pile of new towels left by the door, not all the dirty towels had been taken and only 1 bin emptied.. I was told the room would have a full clean on the 7th day so midweek I requested a hoover and i hoovered daily. On the 7th day nobody had turned up to do the room by lunchtime, I enquired at reception and was told it was on the list and would be done by 2Pm. Still nobody had turned up by mid afternoon and I enquired again and was told somebody was on their way. My 15 year old daughter was in the room watching TV and she texted me a the beach panicking, the maid had turned up ranting and raving about having to do the room then she started swearing and' my daughter got really upset. I immediately went up the the room to have the maid asking me where the sheets were, that she didn't have the right sheets and she couldn't do the room. I immediately rang George Hooch, general manager and said I wanted it sorted out immediately. After that 2 maids came to the room and the other one left. When I returned to our room an hour or so later, the beds were done but I cannot say the room looked any cleaner. I guess this establishment just does not have the level of cleanliness I am used to when on holiday. In addition to the lack of cleanliness the room is in serious need of redecoration, skirting boards dirty and chipped pain, marks on walls etc. Also there were 5 of us and actually the condo says it can take up to 8 however, there were only 4 cereal bowls, 3 teaspoons, etc.

The area is great, the beach is great, the views from the room are great but I could not return or recommend this place because of the details as above.

Room Tip: I suggest you ask if any rooms have recently been refurbished.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
ghoch, General Manager at Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
We thank Barbara N for her feedback and truly regret that everything was not up to her (or our) standard. Regretfully this large suite (1680 sq. ft.) was rushed for an early arrival and more time should have been given to preparation and inspection. I did personally apologize to this guest and compensated for our poor housekeeping performance. Appropriate action was taken regarding the behavior of our employee. It was truly my impression from the guest that we had corrected all of the issues to their satisfaction once we knew. This suite was completely renovated only one year ago and by all prior reviews and feedback certainly has exceeded other guests’ expectations. We have recently added an additional inspection prior to releasing the suite for rental to prevent any similar oversight. I am happy that our overseas visitor did enjoy our location.
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We have been coming here since the opened 9 years ago & they had a security guard named "Peg" who every kid loved. Most kind person you could ever meet. The new hire since last summer is a typical " mall cop" who thinks his badge makes chubby doughboy a big man. He has harassed my 18 year old grandson every night we've been here. My grandson is an entertainer & sleeps late in the day & is awake at night. He can't seem to find anyplace on the property where he can sit & make phone calls without being hassled by this " mall cop"! My grandson approached him to shake his hand & introduce himself & told him he met him last summer here. Mall cop was very rude accusing him of not being a guest here, and each night he lays for him to tell him basically every place here, outside on the grounds, is off limits after 10 pm. Apparently once the pool closes ( and that is the only activity here for kids) we are all to stay captive in our rooms & don't dare walk the grounds after 10 pm! My son went to the office about him tonight & he proceeded to say it's not his job to be nice to the guests, it's his job to enforce rules. He was completely rude to my son & in the morning we will be speaking to management & informing them that our 9 year stay here is coming to an end if they condone his rudeness to the guests! He also said "Peg is a showman, I'm not, I'm here to just enforce rules" I know many people who returned year after year because of Peg & how at home he made everyone feel. So if you want stress on your vacation, be sure to visit here!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We certainly appreciate your ongoing patronage as well as your respect for Peg our security guard over the years. We are very sorry for the unfortunate encounters your grandson had with security. While watching for unusual activity at late hours is paramount, once introduced he should have been kind and more respectful. It is indeed part of his job to be courteous and I have met with our contracted security service to emphasize this and make necessary changes to their procedures and attitudes. We appreciate that you let us know! We hope to see you again next year, and provide a more relaxing atmosphere.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Nice two bedroom condo. Good size for beachfront. Nice pools, but, pretty crowded. Close to good restaurants. Just a huge beach at Treasure Island. Pretty expensive, but a nice resort. Nice kitchen. We stayed here a couple of years ago and it seems a little beat up. Needs some repairs (towel racks falling off the walls, etc.)

• Stayed August 2014
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed here 7-14 August and had a fabulous time. After a week in a much bigger Orlando hotel we worried Sunset Vistas would be disappointing - but our apartment, the facilities, the position and the views soon changed that.
We had a sixth floor south two bed apt, one back from Gulf Front which gave us lovely views. It was spacious, clean and well equipped. Our only complaint was that the beds were a little small - but still very comfy. Towels were replaced every two days and the washer/dryer came in very handy.
The pool is a reasonable size - always plenty of loungers but you need to use your own towels.Treasure Island's beaches are stunning and the hotel could not be closer to it - it was great to be able to swap between pool and beach whenever we felt like it. The Tiki bar is smaller than it looks on the website but served great drinks - try the Malibu bucket as long as you don't have to walk far afterwards!
Johns Pass was a 10-15 minute walk across the bridge with lots of nice shops and decent restaurants. Menus are pretty standard across most of the restaurants with burgers, ribs, fish etc but all is of a really good standard and not expensive - don't write off the chains, Hooters was our favourite meal! Gators was also a great night out - really busy and fun on a Saturday but very quiet on Sundays!
Bar staff also recommended a couple of local takeaways that delivered to the rooms. We also loved Feola's at the Thunderbird Hotel further up Gulf Boulevard - like home cooked food!
Make sure to check the beach box for toys/chairs etc or otherwise spend $10 on a chair from Publix rather than the extortionate $30 a day for two loungers and a brolly! The sunsets are awesome! Publix is a mile away but there is a Circle K convenience store right across the street - a little more expensive but very handy!
We spent a day at Pass-A-Grille (about a 20 minute drive) which is beautiful with a real boho feel and St Petersburg itself is well worth a visit - a beautiful, refined town with lovely buildings, marina and parks.
The whole area has a great island feel to it and my favourite part was watching the pelicans fly and swoop above our heads. All in all Sunset Vistas makes a great base for a holiday in this area.

Room Tip: South side rooms have a great morning view but not of the sunset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Location was great! Great view of the ocean. Rooms were spacious. Staff very friendly - overall cleanliness was good. Rooms could use a touch maintenance (scuff marks on walls) but really no complaints. Great having a full kitchen and washer and dryer when spending time on the beach. Price seemed reasonable.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

The location is great. The front desk staff were awesome. The bartender Debbie didn't seem like she wanted to be there or wanted us there.
I wasn't to thrilled to find that much hair in the shower but the room was spacious and cute.

The rate for the room was decent!

Overall good experience.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites? Share your experiences!