“Our Secret Hideaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delacado on Treasure Island

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Delacado on Treasure Island
7963 Bayshore Dr., Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #21 of 43 hotels in Treasure Island
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Our Secret Hideaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

With only 12 units, this awesome secret hideway is a diamond in the rough. The owner and staff are very personable, friendly and accommodating. With a pool and dock on the intercoastal for boating or fishing, even have waverunners for rent! We spent our honeymoon here 7 years ago and have visited OFTEN over the years. We just spent the holiday weekend and were even able to get the same room we had 7 years ago! Its been upgraded since then but it was very nice to have the same room! Thank you Claudia and Robert...it was pleasurable as usual and your hospitality outstanding. Sue and Charlie

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

OK "Enough Already" - Have Visited the Delacado three times this year, once for a Fishing Trip with friends - Docked the Boat behind the room ( got to love that ) second trip was with all the Kids & Grandkids ( 12 ) and the third was a two day getaway for myself and my wife.
The establishment and its location has something for everyone and is much like I remember as a Kid of Old Florida Beach Stays with Fishing off the Dock, Great Beach Access and a Great Pool for the heat of the day.
Claudia (Owner) always makes our visit like a “Home away from Home " and Robert is always available to help out with any needs you have.
Already looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: South Side rooms have an outdoor Patio
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We really enjoyed ourselves at The Delacado last summer. We rented the apartment next to the pool. As a Florida native and resident, I don't really go for the pastel colors and the fish, seashells and palm trees everywhere, which are typical in a beach hotel, including this one. However, we did love that the room had a full kitchen, a separate living room and a back entrance with a little table and chairs.

We were able to bring our own food and drinks to make lunch and dinner. The kitchen comes with some plates, bowls, cups and utensils. I think it also came with pots and pans so you could cook there. We didn't use the stove or oven, so I can't comment on that. Though, if we had stayed more than a couple of days, we definitely would have liked having it there.

We don't have a pool at home, so it was nice having one right outside our hotel room. The property is small with only about 10 units, so it never got too loud at the pool. We didn't notice any noise from our room. The hotel is just a one minute walk from Sunset Beach, so most people are there during the day.

The property sits right on the intercostal; a room at the back will give you a nice view of the water. There are some picnic tables on back patio where you can have a meal and enjoy the view. We used ate there least once. There also some good places to eat within a ten minute drive of the hotel, like Beachwood BBQ (lunch and dinner), Beverly's La Croisette (breakfast) and Beach SnoBalls (dessert).

As for the staff, the owner Claudia, is very nice and welcoming. She is there everyday wait on you, except for Sundays. I think they left a phone number to call in case you have an urgent need that day. Claudia is from Germany, though she's seems to be a real Florida girl now. She loves water sports and offers fishing poles and boards to her guests (can't remember if there's a rental fee). We noticed that there were several German families staying there, which she probably markets to. So if you're German or love the language, this would be a good place to stay. But to be clear, Claudia speaks English fluently as well.

Overall, we loved the place and would gladly stay there on our next staycation. It was so much more comfortable than a large hotel with hundreds of rooms. You can also read about my trip here. http://jennlikesit.com/2011/09/a-delightful-weekend-at-the-delacado/

Room Tip: Stay at the apartment off the pool if you're going to be there for a week or more. It comes with...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Brandon, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We recently returned from a weekend stay at the Delacado, family was going so we decided to tag along. The property is small, mostly well kept and charming. Lovely landscaping and the pool was in pristine condition. We rented one of the apartments with a view of the Inter-coastal Waterway. The apartment had a small hallway like kitchen, the living/dining area and one bedroom (with a large walk in closet). The only bathroom was in the bedroom and it only had a shower (no tub) which was fine for us. We didn't realize the bedroom had a double bed & a twin, so consider that if someone will need that bed and you wont be comfortable sharing your room with others. There is also a futon in the living room area. The double bed in the bedroom was horribly hard so we didn't get much rest and I even opted to sleep in one of the living room chairs one night to avoid the bed, lol. Overall the apartment is well maintained, it is old and has some wear and tear in certain areas but nothing to really worry about. The kids loved the pool and the fishing dock. No one in our group had any luck fishing (or seeing any Dolphins) but the kids enjoyed the time at the dock anyway. The beach is a quick 4-5 minute walk and it has a nice little playground and picnic facilities. Overall it is a quiet little hotel if you are looking for a relaxing old Florida get away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We spent 2 weeks at the Delacado and had a great time. The resort has a very nice pool, a great fishing dock, a bbq grill and a wonderful relaxed atmosphere. We fished, kayaked, did stand-up paddle boarding - all right from the resort. The beach is about a block to the west and there is a playground with nice facilities. The apartment was perfect for us - kitchen so that we could cook, a great view of the water and a very comfortable bed. A number of fun beach bars are within walking distance.
I try to base my review ratings on a ratio of quality to price. I gave the Delacado a 5 because we had a great stay in a decent place for a very affordable price. I would highly recommend for families - - the kids will have a blast.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the waterfront apartment.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I have been to the Delacado twice this year, once with my daughters (6 and 7) and once with friends. Our stay on both visits was nothing less than phenominal. My girls absolutely loved the pool and fishing dock. The sights you see from the fishing deck are unbelievable. We have seen over 30 dolphins, 2 manatees, sting rays, tarpon, crabs and so much more.
You walk out of the room door, the pool is right in front of you, you walk 50 feet to the east and you get the huge fishing deck with unbelievable fishing (speckled trout, red fish, flounder, catfish, pin fish, sting rays and more) then you walk 200 yards to the west and you have the crystal clear water and white sand beach!!!
I will be taking family and friend trips here for years to come.
Oh and the Hostess was such a wonderful person, very accomodating and willing to help with anything she could!!!
Great stay, my favorite place in Florida!
David Hughes

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

If I could drive over once a month for a three day weekend life would be wonderful! This place was recommended to me by a co-worker 2 years ago now I think. I've been there several times since then, just left in fact and on the drive home was already trying to figure out when I am going back! If slow, quiet, serene and comfortable are on your list to have during your vacation, you've found the spot. It is the cleanest place I believe I have ever stayed in my life. The dock is great for fishing or just sitting with your coffee and a book. Nice sized pool for cooling off and great tables and a grill - eat while overlooking the water. The beach is absolutely gorgeous and your are short 5 and 10 minute drives to 'touristy' areas if you like to make sure and get that in on your agenda too. Great place for couples to spend quiet time and if you like getting away by your self I think it's perfect. It's great having your own kitchen no matter what room you have - I've stayed in 4 different ones now and each one is special/quaint in it's own way. Pack your bags and head out! Time is wasting...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Delacado on Treasure Island? Share your experiences!