“Nuts and Bolts” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Treasure Island Ocean Club

You added Treasure Island Ocean Club to your Saves list
Treasure Island Ocean Club
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11500 Gulf Boulevard, Treasure Island, FL 33706 (Formerly Trails End Resort Motel)   |
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Treasure Island
Clermont, Florida
“Nuts and Bolts”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We enjoyed this newly renovated 1960's style old school mom & pop beach front motel last Memorial Day (5/2014) with a group of friends. It is right on the beach with a courtyard style 2 story building with a relaxing pool area. It was affordable and quaint. A new facelift on room furniture and carpet with no sign of mold or bugs made it pass the "Mom" test. The bathrooms are dated and very basic but clean. I am hoping they replace the exterior parking lot doors soon as they are very old and rotting and not sealed at the bottom (1/2" gap at bottom - so it probably leaks in a rain storm). But all in all, it will do for a basic no frills old school beach weekend. We had a few issues our second trip down (April 2015) that proved disappointing so we're not sure we'll have a 3rd trip (we're local). The first was with our reservation. Its a long story but basically, I called to request a specific room type 3 months in advance & had an email confirmation to show a King Suite with kitchen. But when we checked in they said they have no record of that and gave us 2Queen with no kitchen. They were fully booked so they couldn't "fix" it. We shrugged it off as it was our daughters birthday weekend and wasn't worth spoiling it. On top of that ordeal, the 2 BBQ grills were dirty with empty tanks so lunch required more effort than expected. A facilities guy came quickly to install a new tank but then he walked away without checking to see if it worked (it didn't). The ingitor was broken but a nice guest came to our rescue with his lighter and some grill skills. The new poolside tiki bar was a welcome addition; however, they closed 1 hour after we checked in and never re-opened for the whole weekend (the desk clerk said the bartender was a no call no show). The tables by the pool were dirty with spilled food/drinks & dirty ash trays. I had to clean them myself so my family could eat breakfast. The tiny sweaty hot pool side bathroom was absolutely filthy and stopped up so we had to keep running to our room from the pool. The morning coffee & filtered water cooler by the office is nice, but for the price of the room a danish or fruit would have been a nice touch. They have a little breakfast area by the office but they don't offer anything. In summary, if you can get a decent rate (they've come up since last year) and need a clean nuts and bolts basic room for a casual beach weekend, this hotel will do. But don't expect any frills or service and bring your own cleaning supplies and grill starting lighter if you want to cook out by the pool.

Room Tip: Don't book online. If you want reserve one of their King Suites with a kitchenette and pull out...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Islandgirlfla;

Thank you for writing such a detailed review. I am glad to hear that you have stayed with us a number of times, however I am disappointed to hear that you had problems this time. I am not sure what happened with your reservation but I will discuss with our General Manager. We have the BBQ grills out for a guest amenity but sometimes other guest do not take care of what belongs to someone else. Presently we replace the grills about every 3 months from wear and tear. I am sorry that the maintenance crew did not make sure that they worked when replacing the tasks. I will forward this to that department and ask that in future they make sure to clean daily and check for maintenance. It sounds as if you just caught us on a bad weekend, I do hope that you will remember the good times you had with us and return again soon.

Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I had a wonderful time at Treasure Island Ocean Club.my stay was great, thanks to the beautiful staff they have. the front desk attendant kelonda was wonderful and extremely helpful with my check in. I want to thank you all so much for making my stay so great and relaxing. again thank you guys so much and I hope to be back soon

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this review, 6 days ago
njjjh;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will let Kelonda know that her great customer service made your vacation so enjoyable. Please let us know when you will be returning.

Torre-Pacheco, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I don't care to pay lots of money for fancy hotels, I'd rather spend that money on myself!! We were happy with our room, we arrived before check in time but were able to sunbathe by the pool until the check in time. The room was a little dated, but it was clean, sufficient towels, toiletries, a decent flat screen tv and wifi. Suited our needs and as the weather wasn't too kind, we went shopping the second day. Came back, room had been serviced again, which we didn't expect. It was a good walk to bars and restaurants, so I'd probably stay somewhere a little further along the Blvd next time.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Leigh P.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have a trolley that will take you from one end of the beach to the next if you wanted to expand your walking distance for resturants and bars. We also have the FREE Taxi that will take you anywhere for just a tip. I do hope that you will stay with us again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wow my experience here was wonderful. I was very scared at first when I booked the room I was able to get an amazing rate. So the first thing that came to mind is what kind of place will be staying in. I read a lot of reviews and only seen one bad one. Read all about the weddings that people stayed there and they were happy!! If you can please wedding guest you must be doing something right.
My Experience was amazing we arrived early and they did not have a first floor room available my mother can not walk up steps do to medical problems. Kelonda told us that won't be a problem she told us that it will be an hour before the room gets ready. Which I understood do to I use to work in a hotel. We need to Walmart to get a few things she took down my phone number and called when it was ready. This was such a wonderful courtesy that she did for us.

We came back to the room it was very clean but a little dated I know they are under new management so it will take time to get to all of the rooms. The beds were very comfortable,
There is a fridge and a microwave in the room and free Wi-Fi .
The pool was very clean, they have chairs outside of the room where you can smoke, they have a grill and a nice lounge area to hang out at. You can see the ocean from the pool.

My favorite is the new bar that they have Tammy made a wonderful fruit drink for us.
She was about to close by the time we got back from dinner. She stayed open for us to make our drinks

The night guy Dj was wonderful we got caught in the rain and we needed extra towels to shower he did not ask any questions was happy to provide. Then when we were ready to go to dinner he called the Shuttle people who let you ride for free for us. And recommend places to eat for dinner. Thank you
I have some ideas for the management company that could make the hotel even better please just email me.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Melissa w;

Wow!!! Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always nice to hear that our staff are doing a good job with our guest. We would love to hear any suggestions you might have.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We just spent 5 nights at the Treasure Island Ocean Club. It was our first time ever staying here and we were extremely happy. The pool was right outside our door, down the steps and the ocean was merely a quick walk from there. There are chairs right outside each room to enjoy when you wanted to get out of the sun, or to sit and have a drink after the kid was in bed. The room was a little small but adequate for our needs. There is a small fridge and a microwave in a small kitchenette so we were able to prepare simple breakfast and lunch. The location was fantastic and within walking distance of restaurants and shops. Coffee was served in the lobby each morning beginning around 5:30 am. The bathroom was a bit outdated but very clean. We would definitely stay again! Very family friendly.

Room Tip: Pool side, near the stairs on upper level, great view of ocean from outside
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Ferfus116;

Wow! Thank you for writing such a great review. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that when traveling to the area you give us a call so we can help you make your arrangements. See you soon!!

Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We enjoyed 5 nights at the Treasre Island Ocan Club. We checked in very late on Easter Sunday, parking was at a premium. Fortunately the kind woman in the office gave us a parking pass and helped us find a parking spot. She told us about the doors on each side of the room. The key opens the door facing the pool, not the parking lot.
You must lock the door when you leave the room, it is not automatic. Our clean room included a microwave, a refrigerator, a flat screen t.v., an air conditioner, 2 chairs, a king bed, and a clock. The bathroom served its purpose.

The pool is 8' on the deep side and 3' in the shallow end. The tiki bar has a variety of cool beverages. There are very comfortable deck chairs and couches positioned under a very large umbrella facing the beach. The beach is very deep, perhaps 300 yards to the water.
The motel has pool towels, shuffle board, and bean bag equipment for guests.

The Ocen Club is walking distance to many restaurants and bars. You can walk via the beach path or the ssidewalk on the street. We received good tips from the accommodating staff. Thanks Kelonda.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
zoeg;

Wow!! Thanks for taking the time to right such a detailed review. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Be sure to check us out on facebook to see what's happening in our area. We hope you can return soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is a joke. My family booked 3 individual rooms from months ahead. After arriving from a 20 hour drive, we were informed we had no rooms that the hotel was full. The hotel had charged my aunts credit card for every room that we had booked. The rude and inconsiderate manager simply pushed us out of his office and told us to find a different hotel. Leaving my diabetic grandmother, 1 year old cousin, and my autistic brother to find there own shelter. The manger (Ron) used an aggressive tone and language towards my aunt trying to find a room for my brother who was already having a break down. We ended up having to pay triple what we originally we planned for causing our vacation to be lessened with activities. This hotel simply doesn't even deserve a star.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Gibby123456;

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. I am sorry that when you arrived at the hotel we did not have your reservations. If indeed you had several reservations you would have been given a confirmation and you would have had proof that your reservations were confirmed. I understand that you were quite vocal with the front desk staff and this may have been the reason that you were asked to leave. I do hope that in the future when you make a reservation a few months out that you confirm before making such a long trip.

I hope that you were able to find a hotel that would better suit you and your families needs.

Thanks

Been to Treasure Island Ocean Club? Share your experiences!