“My friends call me a hotel snob and I love this place.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Treasure Island Ocean Club

You added Treasure Island Ocean Club to your Saves list
Treasure Island Ocean Club
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11500 Gulf Boulevard, Treasure Island, FL 33706 (Formerly Trails End Resort Motel)   |
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Treasure Island
Pinellas Park, Florida
“My friends call me a hotel snob and I love this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Love love love this place newly renovated but kept the old feel I remember as a kid. Great place for relaxing get away. Super clean, pool area better than most hotels, staff amazing. I already have reservations for my next stay

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Great place, clean, friendly and right on the Beach! In town on Business, stay here. I believe we will be back in Feb, 2014 with other business friends and guest. Tiki Bar coming soon, would love to see it on next trip.

Room Tip: Poolside with tropical garden view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Pinellas Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I spent a three day weekend with some friends at this club and we had a great time. it's located right on the beach and has a beautiful courtyard with swimming pool. my room was clean and comfortable and the staff were only too willing to help. I plan to return soon.

• Stayed October 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Decided on a last minute weekend at the beach a found this place. They took the property over in June I believe and renovated everything! The rooms have brand new beds and furniture. The property itself is perfect, the pool is beautiful and it's right on the beach. They have the nicest and most helpful staff I have come in contact with at a hotel in a long time, they really made it a perfect weekend getaway! Definitely going back!

• Stayed October 2013
Villelongue d'Aude
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

After driving up and down the coast looking for a tourist information to help us find a hotel we gave up, saw a sign for this property and drove in. Lovely reception area and they explained that they were renovating the rooms and the electricians were in our potential rental, so they settled us down with free cold drinks for 10 minutes. It's a motel so the rooms are small. The bed was huge and comfortable. There was a kitchen area with a full fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker. The bathroom is small but well stocked with toiletries. Above all everything was clean, the staff were really helpful and friendly AND it was cheap. The rooms are set around a truly beautiful garden and a lovely swimming pool and the beach walkway is a step away. We walked to John's Pass from the motel and had a great time at the seafood festival that was taking place. There are are plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the motel and the whole area is very beautiful. I wish TIOC all the best with their ongoing renovations and I know the prices will go up when they finish. It is already a little gem and it,s future looks sparkling.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Wow! Stayed while under renovation and can't wait to go back when it is complete! Great job updating the motel and still was able to keep the cozy old time feeling. My wife loved the beautiful granite counter tops and now wants me to put them in our home. We will be moving our family reunion here. See you all soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I almost hate to give this place a good review because once others discover this hidden gem, the prices will go up. :-) But since that wouldn't be fair, I will give an honest review.

I originally found TIOC by literally pulling up Google maps, and looking up and down the coast to see what hotels took dogs. We have two small dogs and were unable to get the dogsitter for the weekend so had to find a place that would allow us to have them. I called and spoke with "Crystal" the front desk manager. She was completely candid about the fact that the hotel was undergoing renovations and that there were numbers of rooms that were not completed and things that still remained to be finished.

Upon our arrival (we arrived late on Friday night) we were met by Heather who allowed me to see the room prior to check in to ensure that I was happy with it. The room was EXTREMELY clean with new bedding, mattresses, carpet and furniture.

To echo some of the other reviews and share some positive comments:

• yes, the bathroom was older, but that is part of the charm;
• yes, the shower is small and wouldn’t fit two people, but you have a whole Gulf in which to play with your partner, if you really want to play in the water;
• yes, it is a little walk to the Gulf, but even the big chain hotels are not right on the water. The distance is not that far …. my boyfriend carried a kayak the entire way ….down the stairs, across the grass, sand, etc. and I carried a cooler and beach bags….not sure what that complaint was all about. It is a beautiful and you can see the Gulf from the hotel;
• yes, the railings on the stairs are low which was a little scary carrying luggage up. It could be a problem for the elderly or someone who really needs to use a railing, but for us this was not an issue;
• our room had a king bed and a new flat screen TV, fridge and microwave and an old cedar closet – again quite charming;
• The office did have fresh baked scones and bagels and pre-packaged danishes and muffins. The scones were from a local bakery and were delicious (apparently these are brought every weekend).
• The pool has been resurfaced, re-paved around the outside and the landscaping is beautiful.
• The staff was excellent – very friendly and very honest about everything.

The only negative comments I have are as follows (in the order they bothered us) and as you will see, we weren’t bothered by much at all.

• The office is opened 7:30 or 8:00 am and closes at 11:00 pm. This is not an issue except we are heavy coffee drinkers and wake up very early. There were a few packs in the room but had I not thought to get some extra packets late Friday night when we checked in, we would not have had much coffee until the office opened. So plan to ask for extra if you are early risers and heavy coffee drinkers like we are.
• The carpet in the room is new and beautiful. However, being a beach hotel, there is sand that is always tracked in and out so I felt awful leaving sand on brand new carpet -- tile might have been a better choice for housekeeping, but the carpet is well done.
• I asked in advance when I made the reservation that someone come check the room upon our check-out (since we had the dogs, I wanted them to verify that there was no damage to the room before I left). Crystal had the head of housekeeping go to the room to check it. When she returned she asked if the dog had slept in the bed with us? I told her no, the dog does not sleep with us, but that while we were out of the room, I could not guarantee that the dog had not gotten up on the bed. She said, “well there is dog hair on the bed.” This surprised me because of the two dogs we have the one that does not shed is the only one that could even get on that bed. The other one is way too fat to jump up there. Anyway, I was a little surprised because a “dog friendly hotel” would certainly expect to have dog hair in the room. Well, Crystal did exactly what I would have expected and said, “That is not damage. Dog hair is to be expected, that's normal.” I am not sure if they have had guests with dogs before, and while it was a surprising comment, it turned out okay.

It was a delight to be welcomed by such a charming staff (Crystal, Heather and Heather’s aunt whose name I cannot recall), all of whom were completely accommodating and their hospitality made our stay simply fantastic.

So, overall experience….excellent!!! If you are Marriott/Ritz/Hilton people who need a concierge and room service, you may not appreciate the charm and beauty TIOC has to offer. This place is a diamond in the rough and again, I dread the day that they really get discovered and the prices go up. But until that time, we will continue to return and enjoy a beautifully renovated treasure on the island.

Room Tip: I think any of the rooms at TIOC are good. Of course some are closer to the beach than others, but...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Treasure Island Ocean Club? Share your experiences!