“Do Not Stay Here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Treasure Island Ocean Club

Save Saved
You added Treasure Island Ocean Club to your Saves list
Treasure Island Ocean Club
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11500 Gulf Boulevard, Treasure Island, FL 33706 (Formerly Trails End Resort Motel)   |
Ranked #22 of 43 hotels in Treasure Island
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Do Not Stay Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here on Oct 3rd 2013 though the Oct 6th 2013 to attend a wedding, and was suppose to receive a 25% off my all ready reserved room because of problems when me and my sister stayed there on night prior. On arrival I was charge for the two rooms I booked. Upon checking in my brothers room was not ready and had plumbing problems and after 5 hours they moved him to another room. This room had electric problems and the ended up using an extinction cord to power the fridge and microwave. The next day around 1:00 PM I was told that I was not charged enough and owed over 100.00 more for the two rooms and if I did not like it check out was at 11:00. We had a party to attend in a couple of hours and the next day a wedding and I did not think moving to another hotel was the best thing I should do at the time and went ahead and paid the charges. The next day while taking a shower the ceiling tile came down on me. When I went and showed them the tile they said (don't tell me this feel on you) I said yes it did on my head. All they said was sorry did not even ask if I was ok although I was It could of been a lot worse. As I needed to get to the wedding I did not pursue the issue. On returning to my room that night I found they did not even repair the problem and scene they close at 11:00 no way to get them to, so no shower that night or the next morning. On checking out they asked if I was going to book a room for the 4th of July which really truly surprise me, I just simply said no would never stay here again and, she ask (Oh is that because of what happened to you?) Please do not stay here they charge you and get you into a room then latter tell you that you have to pay more, tiles fall on your head, broken sidewalks, electric that does not work including outside lighting, locks on doors broken, Hand rail going up the stairs to the second floor is way too short because they did not take that into consideration when they added brick to the steps, they also had water issues where they shut it off on us several times during our stay. And to top things off they have someone standing outside with a sign offering to let them use the pool for $10:00 a day (never in my life have I seen this).

Room Tip: This Hotel Has Changed it Name to Treasure Island Ocean Club.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Owner at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
As the owners of the Treasure Island Ocean Club we are focused on providing a safe, comfortable, convenient, value based property for all future guests to enjoy. Since purchasing the hotel, it has undergone a major renovation to exterior, public areas, and all rooms. As with any renovation there will be issues that arise and to ensure all of our future guests never have a similar experience we have reached out to this reviewer to better understand their experience and to work towards fixing any outstanding issues. It is important to note that the ‘parking sign guy’ is there to offer parking for those going to beach that are not guests of our hotel. All guests who stay with us are able to park for free and enjoy all public areas of our hotel, including the pool, for free. Guest feedback is important to us as with their help we will be able to continue to provide a clean, comfortable, and customer centric hotel experience for all of our future guests.

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My "usual" room was not available due to refurbishing, so I was given a room with a bedroom. All three rooms, the living/dining, bathroom, and bedroom had a gulf view. Really nice! I will be back! I did notice on another review that it had been sold...I hope the new owners are as nice and as accommodating as the former ones.
Thanks again, Trail's End

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Treasure Island Ocean Club? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Treasure Island Ocean Club

Address: 11500 Gulf Boulevard, Treasure Island, FL 33706 (Formerly Trails End Resort Motel)
Location: United States > Florida > Treasure Island
#10 On the Beach Hotel in Treasure Island
Hotel Class:2 star — Treasure Island Ocean Club 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Treasure Island Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Trails End Hotel Treasure Island
Trails End Treasure Island
Treasure Island Ocean Club Florida

If you own or manage Treasure Island Ocean Club, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.