“Look No Further for a Great Cuban Sandwich” 5 of 5 stars

(727) 367-6662
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Crystal Lake, IL
“Look No Further for a Great Cuban Sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I normally like to write several sentences, but this place can be summed up in just five words "The Best Cubans in Town". I've always ordered to go, but there is limited indoor and outdoor seating available along with limited alcohol service. They also offer other choices including soups, but the "star of the show" here are pressed (warm) authentic freshly-made Cuban sandwiches on authentic (and delicious) Cuban bread. The sandwiches come in small and large sizes....with the large being usually enough for two. Or to have a day or two later....they're still outstanding.

Visited January 2014

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Amazing cuban food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

One of the most authentic cuban sandwiches ever... Great rice and beans and cuban bread....tiny place clean and good service....

Visited January 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“Good Cuban Fare and More”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was intent on going to Dixie's Dog House for a Chicago dog, but it was closed. So I went to The Floridian next door. The place was busy, so I had to wait to order my two combos to go. But the wait wasn't long, and I had a free glass of water with lime while waiting.

My only gripe was that I ordered a tuna melt and when I got home I discovered that the "T" inscribed on the bag was for turkey! My wife wouldn't trade her Cuban, so I ate the turkey. It was OK, but not like the Cuban. Both came with black beans and rice, along with extra bread, which is always good with some hot sauce. The lesson for me was to order Cuban in a Cuban place. The turkey is now making me sleepy. Next time I'm going to get the spiced pork combo or the roast beef combo, which I've had here before. The former reminds me of Cuban places in MIami--just right.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bowie, Maryland
“Cuban”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Every time in the St. Pete area I make my way to the Floridan to get the best Cuban Sandwich in the country. It is a very small sandwich shop but they always have a line out the door. I will be back...

Visited December 2013
Treasure Island, Florida
“Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife loves their black beans and says its the best that she has ever had. We try to eat there at least 1 every 2 weeks.

Visited December 2013