“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shrimpy's

Shrimpy's
124 107th Avenue, Shrimpys Pub, Treasure Island, FL 33706 (Formerly Shrimpys Po-Boys Pub)
+1 727-575-7222
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Brew Pub, Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Shrimpys Blues Bistro some of the freshest Gulf Coast cuisine. Located on beautiful Treasure Island, we offer Gulf Coast flair second to none. Our menu is inspired by Richard's favorite Gulf Coast dishes with themes from Florida, Louisiana and their reaginal influences. These inspired tastes have evolved from over 20 years of Richard's five star restaurant culinary creativity. Creations of mouthwatering and intense combinations to include our famous Island Quesadilla, our outrageous Oyster Po Boy, loaded and loaded again with explosive Gulf Coast Flavor! Shrimpys Pizza has a super thin crust to ensure you taste the ingredients of pepperoni to peppers. Our colorful Treasure Island flair, with a Gulf Coast style, welcomes the Louisiana Cajun side of our local patrons and our friends living abroad.
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Sitting at Shrimpys now sipping an amazing craft beer after being stuffed on a HALF portion of their shrimp and grits with the sesame, ginger slaw. A friend and I shared. When we decided to share they brought us two plates with the portions already split. Awesome atmosphere, excellent service and amazing good at a great value!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Treasure Island, Florida
“New place in TI”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Place is very small no room for big parties, Daily special used to be until 5.oo pm now changed until four not much good for the locals who work. Food is good portions are average maybe not be around long as poor business area.

Visited April 2013
Richard B, Owner at Shrimpy's, responded to this review, June 16, 2013

We run the lunch for locals everyday of the week not just weekdays so the locals can come on the weekend. In addition we have several $7.99 dishes open to close and on Tuesday we have every dinner is just $10 till 10pm

Being located in any part of Treasure Island (where we all live) is a good thing so I don't understand your comments that we are in a bad business area. why are you being such a negative nancy
Florida
“Excellent food and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

As a local on Madeira Beach we are always looking for something new to enjoy on our weekends. Shrimpys has amazing food and we love their jello shots! Great selection of craft beers as well...that's difficult to find on the beach. The hospitality by the staff and owner has been wonderful each time we have been there. We can't wait to try their breakfast! The cheesy grits are amazing!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
“Tried it twice, just not good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I really wanted to like this place. The beach could use a good Cajun restaurant. The first time we had the pizza recommended by the waitress. It was bland tasted like a frozen crust and soggy. OK, I figured maybe we ordered the wrong thing. We gave them a second try and had a poor boy, that had hardly any shrimp in it. The Island Quesadilla was a joke. It had tiny, rubbery shrimp and scallops in it. They do have a great selection of draft beers, but, both times, the beer wasn't cold enough. It's really too bad, because I would have gone here a lot. I probably will not be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Richard B, Owner at Shrimpy's, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to present our guests with service and quality that is both outstanding and memorable for all the right reasons. We do have a policy: if your not satisfied we will get you something ywill be happy with.
Treasure Island,Fl
“Cajun Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I just got back from Shrimpys,which was a real sleeper.The owner has New Orleans roots and he does Cajun fantastic.I had the pot roast dinner and I can not remember any place I
have dined doing a better job.My wife had the shrimp grits and gave it an excellent rating.Warning
portions are huge,so what take the left overs home.I observed their breakfast menu and I know I am going back after studying the choices.We went early,because the place is very small and gets real busy after 6.Service was excellent and their is a lot of value there on the menu items,no complaints.

• Visited April 2013