“My 2 day stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Trade Winds Motel

Trade Winds Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Trade Winds Motel
You added Trade Winds Motel to your Saves list
10300 Gulf Blvd., Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #39 of 44 Hotels in Treasure Island
Lutz, Florida, United States
“My 2 day stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

It is a nice place to stay. You can bring your dog to the hotel. The highlight is obviously the beach. You can also go play tennis and swim in the pools. An optional fee is charged when wanting to do more activities such as the trampoline, water slide, When getting the shaded chairs out on the beach, and much more. There are many restraints in the area and at the resort. Beef o Brady's, Pizza Hut, and about two others (Very Expensive). We went to Skidders outside the resort area. It was really good. Besides all that, the beds were ok and the rooms are very small when you bring a pet. It is definitely a "bring your own people" kind of place. There aren't any clubs or groups for older kids. People aren't very outgoing. The workers are very attentive. They have 4 seater paddle boats for a small river way around the resort. I have to say that the trip wasn't perfect but it was alright.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I have been staying at this motel since I was a little girl...the staff are like family to us now! Everything you need is within walking distance, and you're right on the beach. We always go for several weeks in march/april and spend Easter there, and the weather is always fantastic! My extended family (approx 40ppl) have been going there for over 25 years and look forward to it all year long.

Room Tip: All are great!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I just wanted to let people know that this is best place to stay on Treasure Island, have stayed there for many years! I see where some people have confused this with the Tradewinds on St. Pete Beach. Just to let everyone know this is a small family owned business and you get the best of service there. Best bang for the buck! Rooms are nicely decorated and have been remodeled over the years. Try it you will like it!

Room Tip: Rooms are nice and clean, and never any problems.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Beautiful hotel. The staff was even more amazing. I went with my sister, who has stage 4 breast cancer, to spend some girl time. The staff did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable and relaxing. Beautiful beach! There is tons to do in the area as well but we were into quiet relaxation this trip. I can't wait to go back with my husband.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

This place is outdated , but who cares?!!? We go to the beach and pool all day, not sit in our room. The place was clean and the owner was always very friendly. We have three small kids so being right on the beach and having the pool behind our room was PERFECT! The room was spacious and it was nice having the stove top and fridge etc There was plenty of parking, and VERY quiet when we stayed there. It could use updating, however, with that the price would increase. I like the older hotels, they have more character and are less stuffy. Also, Treasure Island is a nice relaxing place. The Publix food market is super close to the hotel which was a plus. I hope we get to go back next year!

Room Tip: Use a coupon from the local coupon travel books.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
North New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

My parents and I first stayed at this hotel when I was 2 years old. It's the perfect little no-frills beach getaway for families on a budget. Plus we love the owners and staff! They always look forward to us coming back each year - and we have! Depending on when you stay, you will meet up with the same families summer after summer. I would describe it as almost like a week-long reunion pool party in a family member's backyard. (It is to the point now where "kids" that my siblings and I used to see every summer are introducing us to THEIR spouses and children!) The beach is right there - you can wake up in the morning, make some coffee in the kitchen in your room, get your bathing suit on and head right down to the water. And don't forget the perfect views of the Gulf Coast sunsets! I can't wait to bring my fiance there this summer and show him where I "grew up" each summer. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I'm in Treasure Island!

• Stayed July 2008
Omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

We were only there for a weekend but wish we could have stayed longer. Wonderful hotel and staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and beach area was also very clean. Would definitely visit again!!a

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Trade Winds Motel? Share your experiences!