“Best Place to stay on the Island” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trade Winds Motel

Trade Winds Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Trade Winds Motel
You added Trade Winds Motel to your Saves list
10300 Gulf Blvd., Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #43 of 47 Hotels in Treasure Island
Louisville, Kentucky
“Best Place to stay on the Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I just wanted to let people know that this is best place to stay on Treasure Island, have stayed there for many years! I see where some people have confused this with the Tradewinds on St. Pete Beach. Just to let everyone know this is a small family owned business and you get the best of service there. Best bang for the buck! Rooms are nicely decorated and have been remodeled over the years. Try it you will like it!

Room Tip: Rooms are nice and clean, and never any problems.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
8 Thank tibeachbum40207

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Beautiful hotel. The staff was even more amazing. I went with my sister, who has stage 4 breast cancer, to spend some girl time. The staff did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable and relaxing. Beautiful beach! There is tons to do in the area as well but we were into quiet relaxation this trip. I can't wait to go back with my husband.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank beachgirl58_11
Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

This place is outdated , but who cares?!!? We go to the beach and pool all day, not sit in our room. The place was clean and the owner was always very friendly. We have three small kids so being right on the beach and having the pool behind our room was PERFECT! The room was spacious and it was nice having the stove top and fridge etc There was plenty of parking, and VERY quiet when we stayed there. It could use updating, however, with that the price would increase. I like the older hotels, they have more character and are less stuffy. Also, Treasure Island is a nice relaxing place. The Publix food market is super close to the hotel which was a plus. I hope we get to go back next year!

Room Tip: Use a coupon from the local coupon travel books.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank denmargia
North New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

My parents and I first stayed at this hotel when I was 2 years old. It's the perfect little no-frills beach getaway for families on a budget. Plus we love the owners and staff! They always look forward to us coming back each year - and we have! Depending on when you stay, you will meet up with the same families summer after summer. I would describe it as almost like a week-long reunion pool party in a family member's backyard. (It is to the point now where "kids" that my siblings and I used to see every summer are introducing us to THEIR spouses and children!) The beach is right there - you can wake up in the morning, make some coffee in the kitchen in your room, get your bathing suit on and head right down to the water. And don't forget the perfect views of the Gulf Coast sunsets! I can't wait to bring my fiance there this summer and show him where I "grew up" each summer. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I'm in Treasure Island!

• Stayed July 2008
3 Thank TheSpaz
Omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

We were only there for a weekend but wish we could have stayed longer. Wonderful hotel and staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and beach area was also very clean. Would definitely visit again!!a

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank debbie9166
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

First of all i would like to say the people saying this hotel is bad must not be staying here. My family and I have been staying here almost 10 years straight. We have never had any of these problems people said they have had. The owners take very good care of the place. Also, they are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. The beach is beautiful and the pool is excelent. They have a big patio with tables and chairs, and chairs you can leen back on to use for tanning, or to just relax. Also, dont worry if you have little kids; the patio and pool is gated in so they can't run away to the beach(which comes in handy). So i recamend you stay here, it really is beautiful.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank computerman101
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

Very friendly and helpful.Great location.no need for a car if you chose.Family place yet we didn't bring our children and it was still great We invited friends to join us and they also stayed 3 nights.We all had a great time and will be back.Rooms were clean,staff very friedly and went out of their way to help you.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple