After reading a few very negative reviews from some previous guests, we arrived at Whispers with a great deal of trepidation. When we entered our unit (#6), we were very pleasantly surprised. It was very clean and well appointed - new counters and cabinets in the kitchen, leather couch, large flat screen TV in the living room and a smaller flat screen in the bedroom. The bathroom was updated (newer vanity, toilet and tile). The bedroom had a comfy queen bed and ample closet space.
Although the weather during our stay wasn't conducive to swimming, the pool and dock area were very pleasant. The early morning sun rising over the Intercoastal is a great setting for morning coffee.
Throughout our two week visit, the owners were constantly updating - faster Internet, new furniture for the pool area, and a new washer/dryer was delivered at the end of our stay (that had been my only complaint). More upgrades (hvac) are coming. The owners, Jeffrey and Sharda, were exceptionally responsive to any concerns or requests.
If you are looking for modern - granite and stainless appliances - this isn't the place for you. However, if you are looking for a relaxing vacation in "old Florida" style at a reasonable price, then Whispers is a great choice.
- Also Known As:
- Whispers Resort At Treasure Island Hotel Treasure Island
- Whispers Resort At Treasure Island Hotel
- Whispers Resort At Treasure Island Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bright and Cheerful Unique Themed Decor Boutique Resort.......Your choice of One and Two Bedroom Condominiums Plus a 3 Bedroom House!.....Fabulous waterfront location in the heart of Treasure Island..... *** Close to Shops, Dining, Supermarket, Water Sports, Beach Trolley.....This Unique Heritage Property has been Updated in Fall 2012..... *** Full Kitchens with full size Appliances, Stove, Microwave, Fridge. *** All Appliances, Cookware, Dinnerware included. *** Iron, Hair Dryer, Linens, Beach Towels. *** Tiled throughout *** Large Size Feather Beds offer a Luxurious Sleeping Experience. *** Pull Out Sofas in Living Room *** Free Wi Fi *** Free Cable 70+ Channels *** Large Flat Screen TV's *** DVD Player, Stereo System *** All Ground Floor Suites with Private Patios..... Water Front with Lush Tropical Gardens....... *** Heated Pool *** Large Fishing Dock *** Bay Front *** Dolphin Watching *** Boat Mooring *** BBQ *** Very Private and Secluded. *** Fully Fenced. Children and Pets Welcome. *** Free Parking.......Beach Access take your car or a short six minute walk....... *** Close to Historic Johns Pass Village - 1 mile *** 20 minutes to Down Town St Petersburg and Tropicana Stadium *** 35 minutes to Tampa International Airport and Clearwater Airport *** 45 Minutes to Busch Gardens *** 45 Minutes to Hard Rock Casino *** 90 Minutes to Disney, Universal and Sea World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Whispers Resort at Treasure Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.