This is not a resort. Dirty, unkept, out dated......I could go on and on. We were very disapointed by Whispers on every level. The place is very old and has not been kept up. Walkways need to be dug up and replaced then maintained. Dirty and cracked. Fountains could be charmimg if painted and maintained. This is the theme through out Whispers, a quiant place that could be fabulous if only the owners put some money into it. The funriture in our unit was very old and tatered.Mismatched. Had to put a sheet over the couch to cover the old dingy cover which was on it. The chair and couch sat so low from being old that we had to put pillows in it. Stove was rusty and burners did not sit flat. Dishes were dirty and had to be washed before use.Toaster was rusted out as well as tea pot, could not use it to boil water. Other pans were worn out and unuseable too. Floors dirty, unit was bad.Towels were mismatched and STAINED! Bed was ofcourse old and sinking in the middle. So many pads on the bed that the bottom sheet did not stay put.The private patio outside the untit---I'd never want to sit out there, dirty as well. I could go on and on but I think you get the idea.
Pool was dirty, did not dare to go in it. Not only is there too much shrubbery but a huge rubber tree sits over the pool which means that leafs are always in the pool and walk ways. Floor of pool was dirty as well. Furniture around pool is old and ragged, not a pretty sight.
Location is by an busy intersection, Whispers is on a busy cross street that connects with the main street so the traffic noise is very loud, coupled with noisy neighbors in the building next door made for a far from quite retreat at Whispers.
Owners seemed like nice folks but do not put much into the property, Whispers needs a 100% renovation and THEN professional maintance.
So believe the negative reveiws that you read here, they are 100% true, do a drive by and a walk through and you'll get the true picture.
The positive is that Whispers is close to the beach and Publix.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bright and Cheerful Unique Themed Decor Boutique Resort.......Your choice of One and Two Bedroom Condominiums Plus a 3 Bedroom House!.....Fabulous waterfront location in the heart of Treasure Island..... *** Close to Shops, Dining, Supermarket, Water Sports, Beach Trolley.....This Unique Heritage Property has been Updated in Fall 2012..... *** Full Kitchens with full size Appliances, Stove, Microwave, Fridge. *** All Appliances, Cookware, Dinnerware included. *** Iron, Hair Dryer, Linens, Beach Towels. *** Tiled throughout *** Large Size Feather Beds offer a Luxurious Sleeping Experience. *** Pull Out Sofas in Living Room *** Free Wi Fi *** Free Cable 70+ Channels *** Large Flat Screen TV's *** DVD Player, Stereo System *** All Ground Floor Suites with Private Patios..... Water Front with Lush Tropical Gardens....... *** Heated Pool *** Large Fishing Dock *** Bay Front *** Dolphin Watching *** Boat Mooring *** BBQ *** Very Private and Secluded. *** Fully Fenced. Children and Pets Welcome. *** Free Parking.......Beach Access take your car or a short six minute walk....... *** Close to Historic Johns Pass Village - 1 mile *** 20 minutes to Down Town St Petersburg and Tropicana Stadium *** 35 minutes to Tampa International Airport and Clearwater Airport *** 45 Minutes to Busch Gardens *** 45 Minutes to Hard Rock Casino *** 90 Minutes to Disney, Universal and Sea World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Whispers Resort at Treasure Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whispers Resort At Treasure Island Hotel Treasure Island
- Whispers Resort At Treasure Island Florida