“Nice, affordable, friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Treasure Island
Lubbock
“Nice, affordable, friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Tahitian is a well kept, apparently well managed resort. Nancy was very helpful and courteous upon our arrival. Dawn was as helpful and a lot of fun to visit with as well. My wife and I had concerns about finding a nice affordable location in T.I. We had a bad experience at a nearby location a couple years back. So meeting Nancy and Dawn was so nice! The room was also very nice and well kept. And the pool was great. Overall a very good value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Racine, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay. This is our 9th year anniversary and first stay at this hotel. Dawn at the front desk is very pleasant and knowledgeable about the area. She made us feel right at home. Brenda, our cleaning lady did a great job on the upkeep of our room, while we were here for a seven day stay. We loved the location seeing every thing was in walking distance. Thank you for a great stay and we look forward to returning again. Sincerely Dave and Tammie Nelson from Wisconsin

Room Tip: Efficiency, pool side are nice but tight. We will be looking into an upper corner unit facing the go...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Havelock, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

On our initial stay and return stay at the hotel, the hotel staff were very quick to answer questions and help out with any needs our group had. I would return to the hotel and do recommend it to anyone visiting that area of Florida.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I just wanted to tell you what a great job Dawn & Nancy did for me. I had trouble with an outside drip keeping me awake & Dawn immediately changed rooms for me. I also left some clothes & Nancy called me right away & made me feel at ease.I think you are lucky to have such nice & caring staff. Sincerely Marvin Sherzer

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Lecanto, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've been staying at the Tahitian for 15 years or more. The last time was several years ago (7 or so). I was a little skeptical while looking at some of the reviews that it may have deteriorated in service, cleanliness, etc. I should not have been. This is still a nice place to stay. When you consider the amenities, on the beach, price of the room, you don't, or shouldn't, expect the traditional definition of "resort". It is a very nice motel on the beach, within walking distance to a lot of restaurants and activities, with a very nice price! If you are looking for a great place to stay on the beach, at a reasonable cost, you can't go wrong with the Tahitian!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Heath, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

A great place to stay for the best value on the beach and rooms are nice and clean.
The friendliness of the staff is great. Dawn is extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the area. I highly recommend going to the Wine and Cheese Party on Wednesday afternoon 4 pm - 5 pm. Johnny is an excellent bartender. In the rare case that we have any maintenance issues, Jason is very diligent in taking care of issues.

Room Tip: "Gulf front rooms are quieter"
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I selected this place because it would sleep a lot of people and it received good reviews here. I was very disappointed. While it is decent and clean, it is far from a resort. It's more comparable to a motel, but at a resort price. The room was extremely small. There weren't even enough places for everyone to sit in the living room. (three seats total).

They didn't tell me I could only park one car there until after I paid (it was non-refundable). They said the second car could park just across the street, but they didn't mention that it's a busy 4-lane road and the crosswalk is a ways away. The parking lot on the property itself was also extremely small, congested and difficult to drive through.

They also didn't mention there is no central a/c. There are two wall units, and although they did keep the place cool enough, they were extremely loud and kept many of us awake all night.

The beds were also extremely uncomfortable.

I would not recommend this place, nor would I return there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Tahitian Resort Treasure Island? Share your experiences!