“This is Really the Best Place on the Beach !!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   10500 Gulf Blvd, Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Treasure Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Clearwater
“This is Really the Best Place on the Beach !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2007

My wife and I stayed there for 3 nights. Besides the price being so great the Hotel was excellent. Desk persons were very friendly and helpful. Clean and nice. Great location for SunSet. Everything is within walking distance. Yes we will go back again and again. Sunset picture is a view from our room...PERFECTTTTTT

• Liked — View from Room
  • Disliked — Building hotels around us...
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Missouri City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

Just returned from a two night stay at Page Terrace Motel. Here is my very honest opinion. The resort is dated, but VERY clean. No complaints about the actual resort itself, but a small staff issue. I traveled with my mother and we had room 220, a two room 'suite' on the second floor. The room was perfect as far as what we needed. The kitchen area is stocked with pots and pans, silverware and dishes. There is a larger than normal mini fridge, a toaster, coffee pot, toaster, dish towels, drainer, kitchen sink and a two burner stovetop. We were only there for two nights, so we didn't cook there, but it was set up great for that if you were staying for an extended period of time. There was a large closet in the living area and two couches, (one pull out) and a sitting chair. A kitchen table and four chairs. And a writing desk with chair. The bathroom was VERY small, but it was okay. There was also a full length mirror outside of the bathroom which was nice. In the seperate bedroom there was a closet, a double bed a single bed and a dresser. No TV in the bedroom just the one tv in the living area. Two seperate air conditioners which was nice.

The width of the beach is huge, so be set for a long walk to the water. I packed a small collapsable cooler, stocked it with ice (ice machine on main floor of hotel by the pool) on the way to the beach and it kept my beverages cold. You can rent cabanas and lounge chairs on the beach. Just pick one that doesn't have a reserved sign on it and the cabana 'boy' will be around to collect payment. Minimum two hours is $10, 3 hours is $15, all day is $20. You'll need a cabana if you want to be on the beach the sun was brutal - and it is well worth the money. The lounge chairs (2) that are included with the cabana are nice and big and sturdy. The man said it is okay to drag them down closer to the water if you want to. He is very knowledgeable of the area and nice to talk to.

Restaurant next door : Sloppy Joes was good, had dinner there on night and dessert there the next. Food was presented very nicely and we enjoyed all that we had. Try the ice cream for desert - it is like a pie with an oreo crust and all sorts of goodies in between. :)

Brazzie's is just a bit further past Sloppy Joe's, it's part of the Bilmar hotel. We had breakfast there, it was good also. $7.95 for the breakfast special (2 to choose from) and 9.95 for the "Buffet". I use the term buffet loosely - it was more like continental breakfast fare that you would expect from other hotels in the US, the specials were VERY good.

There is one "Complaint" that I have about Page Terrace. The stated times for the front desk are 8am - 10 pm. I went down one evening at 9:30 and the doors were looked. I called the number listed on the sign and a very nice man answered and said sometimes when it is slow, they close the office early. No big deal for me, I only wanted some driving instructions, I got them the next day, but I was not really impressed that there wasn't any hotel reps on site. I felt somewhat uneasy after that, but it all turned okay, no issues, so no worries. I've just never stayed someone that doesn't at least have a night watchman.

All in all it was a great time.

It's very easy to get around on the island. We drove all the way end to end, St. Pete's to Clearwater and every beach access in between! All very beautiful, towards Clearwater was the prettiest this trip. My driving directions from mapquest were absolutely perfect to get from Tampa to the motel.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

• Liked — Clean, clean, clean
  • Disliked — No staff at night.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2007

Our stay for a long weekend was wonderful. Arrived at noon to find both our reserved rooms ready for us (check in was for a later time). Other family had flown in the day before and were already enjoying the place and were very pleased with the room they were in. We had 3 rooms in all with one being the two room suite sleeping 6 with a full kitchen, another had 2 full/queen beds and a kitchenette with full fridge and the third was a regular room with small fridge, sink and microwave, all had dishes. We had a total of 11 staying from Friday to Sunday and it was perfect. We asked if we could keep the larger unit for extra time on Sunday, our check out day, and the owners wer very accomodating. We paid a small fee and at the end of the day we all went home feeling refreshed after a shower about 7 pm. So we had a full weekend and didn't waste an;y "sun time. Haven't stayed at a nicer place than this in the past 3 years. We will be returning again and again. It was right next to Sloppy Joe's for eating (food was good with live music on the weekends) and across the street from the Walgreen's (has everything you forget). Can't wait for next year. On second thought maybe we won't wait that long.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — not true handicapped
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Marcus Hook, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

We have stayed at the Page Terrace in September for about the last 10 years. It is the cleanest motel we have ever stayed at with the most friendly staff. It is family owned and it is a wonderful place to stay.

• Liked — Friendlliness of the staff
  • Disliked — Absolutely nothing
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Treasure Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

We have been staying out on Treasure Island for many years and several times a year. The other hotels have overpriced themselves . This has stayed consistant. It was very clean, neat and quite. A nice family atmosphere and the charm of the Mom and Pop hotels that TI has lost. We loved it so much , we are going back in a couple weeks. Thanks to all who took such good care of us, Kathy and Mike

Stayed June 2007
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2007

I needed to find a hotel to stay in Treasure Island as I am a new Grandmother and I live in Boston and my baby granddaughter lives in St. Petersburg, Florida. I was hoping to find a reasonable rate motel on the beach. Most of the hotels are a bit expensive and when I saw the rates for The Page Hotel, I booked it as the rates were very reasonable. I didn't know what to expect when I got there and too my surprise it was fantastic!! I was most impressed by the fact that it is a family run motel and they made me feel very welcomed. The room was very clean and the queen size bed was extreamly comfortable. It was a studio room with a fridge and microwave and it was exactly what I was hoping for. View of the beach. I stayed on the third floor which had a great terrace to sit outside. The pool was great and had shuffleboard courts as well. It is the perfect hotel and after talking to the people there I found out most were regulars that come back every year. They have all different types of rooms and suites.
I have already booked the same room to go back in July. I am so glad to have lucked out by finding The Page Terrace. It is located right on the beach and across the street from some great restaurants. I highly recommend this motel and they also have a great website to visit.

• Liked — on the beach
  • Disliked — if you are on the 3rd level you had to carry up all your luggage
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Hartford City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

Although we weren't able to be at Page Terrace in spring of 2007 we have been going there for the last five years and will be returning in March 2008. Cleanest, friendliest place in Treasure Island. Roman, Christine and Arthur go out of their way to make everyone feel at home. This is our "little piece of heaven"

• Liked — clean, clean, clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Page Terrace Beachfront Hotel? Share your experiences!