“BEDS !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunrise Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Sunrise Motel
You added Sunrise Motel to your Saves list
9630 Gulf Boulevard, Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #23 of 45 Hotels in Treasure Island
Windsor, Canada
“BEDS !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Everything was great but the mattresses desperately need to be replaced..Unfortunately we who have been coming for years have started looking for other places because of the bed situation. How do we match the cost but what value do you put on a good nights sleep . What a dilemna!!!!

Room Tip: Main Floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SunriseMotel, Owner at Sunrise Motel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are in the process of upgrading all of our mattresses, we apologize for your dissatisfaction. We hope you contact us in the future as we have made many changes to our rooms so that our motel can be an enjoyable place to vacation for our guests. Our guests are important to us and we take our customer's concerns very seriously.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Council Bluffs, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice place .. Friendly home like feel when checking in.. So much value for the money and I just checked in..I am looking forward to finishing my vacation in this hotel.. Our room has a stove fridge dishes they even provide dish soap..

• Stayed February 2013
SunriseMotel, Owner at Sunrise Motel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thanks so much for your kind words. We hope you contact us in the near future! We are a small family owned business and hearing words like yours confirms why we work hard so that guests may enjoy their stay with us.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

The housekeeping is the only part of the stay worth the money.the owner is very unpleasant,almost judgemental when dealing with customers.the"nightwatchman"is drunk to the point of passing out nightly,never once put a shirt on while dealing with customers.also,while we were on our vacation staying there,on several occasions, overheard "nightwatchman"talking bad about,making fun of,and discussing guests personal issues with other guests while drinking.alltogether,our 2 week stay was uncomfortable as a family with 2 small children.since we are not drinkers, staying up outside all night, laughing loudly,or just ignoring the domestic disturbances next-door nightly, wouldn't recommend this place to anyone other than those looking to get drunk all night,overpay and be laughed at and looked down on by the"owner"and her"nightwatchman"(aka-bouncer)!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
SunriseMotel, Owner at Sunrise Motel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
We have recently gone through many changes to our motel including our staff. After hearing concerns from our guests, we had to let go of some staff so that guests can feel comfortable staying with us. Please be assured that we have hired new staff that will help us in providing our guests with excellent customer service. We are a family owned business and we have been in the motel business for over 16 years. We strive to always make improvements and we apologize for your dissatisfied stay with us. We hope you consider us in the future.
Barnesville, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We paid a little over $400.00 for a week...we had a two bedroom apartment with small kitchen area large living room and jet tub. I couldnt belive the size of the unit for the money. It was about a 3 min walk to the beach across stree. A couple places to eat in walking distance. They do have a pool which was never crowded. The furniture was old and nothing matched but hey for that price how could you complain? You really use the room to shower and sleep. Ask for room 103 a few people told us that was the biggest unit and we lucked out. Two double beds in 2nd bedroom and queen in the other. Dont know if living room had pull out never checked into. I would go back in a heartbeat it was nice to stay at a smaller hotel for a change.

Room Tip: ask for room 103 i heard we lucked out with room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Three words to describe this place- clean, cheap and friendly. My boyfriend and I have stayed in some very expensive hotels and this is one of the cleanest places I have ever been. It was only $65 a night, and the owner and the guy who lives there (Rob) were very nice. AC and fridge worked very well and beds were pretty comfortable. On the website it looks like you can see the beach from the room (which you cannot) but it was a very short walk across the street. I probably won't stay here again, but it was perfect for the few days we were trying to save a buck.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Haslett, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I was supposed to have my condo and things got all mixed up and I didn't get it. So I was desperate to get a motel and decided to stay here. At first I wasn't thrilled it wasn't on the beach and it wasn't a condo. But what wonderful people own and run this place. It had wicker dressers, was clean, and had a little pool. The customers are long time people who come here. Instead of thinking I would have to "settle" this is now the place that is first on my list!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Canton CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

My stay there was great the people that work there couldn't have been any nicer the place is nice, very clean and updated. When I left I felt like I was leaving my "new friends" behind. Can't wait to see them again! You really couldn't ask for a better place to stay, you really get a bang for your buck!!!

Dawn
Connecticut

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Sunrise Motel? Share your experiences!