“Beautiful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riotel Island Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Riotel Island Resort
Save Saved
You added Riotel Island Resort to your Saves list
11325 Gulf Blvd, Treasure Island, FL   |
London
“Beautiful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Me and my friends have been going to The Riotel island resort for the last 5 years and every time has been a WOW. The owner makes you really welcome. I believe the place has just been upgraded too. The rooms are very clean and the hotel is just across the road from the beautiful sandy beach. The gardens are extremely well kept. I will go back time and time again. Just down the road there is the wonderful Johns pass incorporating lovely shops and a great dining experience. Riotel here I come again... Peter

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms are very nice on the left side of the hotel as you look in from the front
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Have just returned from another wonderful vacation at the Riotel Island Resort. There have been a few improvements to make it even more visually appealing. I continue to feel so at home there and this is our 18th year staying there! The manager, who is also the owner, is a low key fellow, always around, always willing to help you out with any concerns or questions.
The Riotel is right across the road from a public beach. There rooms are clean, the atmosphere is very,very conducive to enjoying your anticipated vacation. I would highly recommend this gem.

Room Tip: My husband and I always prefer to stay on the lower level, close to the pool and barbecue. In the co...
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Torontoa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have returned to the Riotel year after year as we always feel very much at home
enjoying the friendly and low key atmosphere of the place which is clean, comfortable
and affordable.
The Riotel is a quite place with a large pool area and interesting courtyard, located
directly across the street from public access to the beach, also lots of restaurants,
shops and grocery within walking distance.
We would have no hesitation in recommending the Riotel to anyone.
Pat & Joan C

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Burtonsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. Very clean and very affordable. Love the location. The hotel is right across from a beautiful beach and within walking distance to stores, restaurants, etc. The owner/manager is very friendly and accommodating. There is a pool and a lovely courtyard if you just want to sit back and enjoy some relaxing time. We also ask for the same efficiency, which has everything you need and is always clean. WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE RIOTEL.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Have been a patron of the Riotel for the last 18 years. Consider it my home away from home. The manager of this pleasant low key place is also the owner. Find him to be very accommodating.The public beach is directly across the street. Although this facility is not fancy,it is exactly what my husband and I look for. ......clean and very friendly. We always rent the effiency apartment where we are are able to cook whenever we want. So if you are looking for an affordable,attractive,friendly environment,you will be happy at the Riotel, Treaure Island.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Nice get away place. It's clean and comfortable. Love the low key aspect of this place. The courtyard is very charming and we ennjoyed the peace and quiet. It's on the intercoastal and we enjoyed the shuffleboards, they're not just for the elderly. The beach is right across the street and easy to access! Why overpay for a fancy a place when your out and about enjoying the beach or shopping in the mom & pop shops. Plan on staying here again!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

It's been a while since my wife and I stayed here, but I thought it would be a good idea to at least leave a review. I had Trip Advisor add this hotel to their website so that I could leave the review.

When searching for places to stay in Treasure Island we found this hotel in a local free print paper at home. We could not find anything in terms of online information about the hotel. Not even the Riotel website provided too much information about the hotel, All we had was Google Street pictures and a friend swung by to tell us about it when they visited Florida. So we took the risk as we only wanted a place to put our heads for a couple days before heading to Bradenton and then Orlando.

The hotel appears to have been an old apartment building at one time. The owner is a fellow Canadian that stays in Florida a majority of the year. A really nice gentleman from our encounters with him. Communication was easy when booking the hotel and the price was fantastic. I believe we only paid $60 a night based on the time of year (first week of May).

There is a few parking spots out front, but it's tight being on top of the sidewalk and then it can get tricky getting out when the traffic is heavy. There is a set of lights near by that gives you windows to get out.

The court yard is well taken care of. Probably where a lot of investment is put in the property. There are a couple ponds with fish in them, coy fish I believe. The pool is located in the back near the canal. It wasn't the most inviting part of the property. Very old tile and looked dirty in some spots of the pool. My wife and I didn't bother taking a dip.

Our ground level room was very standard. The single queen size bed consisted of an older mattress and box spring. Sheets were older as well. I found it very uncomfortable to be honest. But I realize at $60 a night, this was not a 4 star + stay.

The bathroom consisted of older tiling and tub. The shower head needed to be replaced as you could see the build up around it. But I can say there was plenty of hot water when you needed it.

The hotel is located across the street from a large public access beach. Also, there are lots of other hotels and restaurants near by. Lots of food choices and dining types. There is not much for shopping. You'd have to go into Tampa or Ellenton to find malls and shops.

My recommendation is that if you are only staying a couple nights and need a budget place to stay then this is definitely a good hotel. If you are looking for a week or so, I would recommend looking into a summer rental that has a bit more comfort features.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Riotel Island Resort? Share your experiences!