“"Have stayed several times and planning on returning this year"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riotel Island Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Riotel Island Resort
Save Saved
You added Riotel Island Resort to your Saves list
11325 Gulf Blvd, Treasure Island, FL   |
Burtonsville, Maryland
“"Have stayed several times and planning on returning this year"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. Very clean and very affordable. Love the location. The hotel is right across from a beautiful beach and within walking distance to stores, restaurants, etc. The owner/manager is very friendly and accommodating. There is a pool and a lovely courtyard if you just want to sit back and enjoy some relaxing time. We also ask for the same efficiency, which has everything you need and is always clean. WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE RIOTEL.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Have been a patron of the Riotel for the last 18 years. Consider it my home away from home. The manager of this pleasant low key place is also the owner. Find him to be very accommodating.The public beach is directly across the street. Although this facility is not fancy,it is exactly what my husband and I look for. ......clean and very friendly. We always rent the effiency apartment where we are are able to cook whenever we want. So if you are looking for an affordable,attractive,friendly environment,you will be happy at the Riotel, Treaure Island.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Nice get away place. It's clean and comfortable. Love the low key aspect of this place. The courtyard is very charming and we ennjoyed the peace and quiet. It's on the intercoastal and we enjoyed the shuffleboards, they're not just for the elderly. The beach is right across the street and easy to access! Why overpay for a fancy a place when your out and about enjoying the beach or shopping in the mom & pop shops. Plan on staying here again!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

It's been a while since my wife and I stayed here, but I thought it would be a good idea to at least leave a review. I had Trip Advisor add this hotel to their website so that I could leave the review.

When searching for places to stay in Treasure Island we found this hotel in a local free print paper at home. We could not find anything in terms of online information about the hotel. Not even the Riotel website provided too much information about the hotel, All we had was Google Street pictures and a friend swung by to tell us about it when they visited Florida. So we took the risk as we only wanted a place to put our heads for a couple days before heading to Bradenton and then Orlando.

The hotel appears to have been an old apartment building at one time. The owner is a fellow Canadian that stays in Florida a majority of the year. A really nice gentleman from our encounters with him. Communication was easy when booking the hotel and the price was fantastic. I believe we only paid $60 a night based on the time of year (first week of May).

There is a few parking spots out front, but it's tight being on top of the sidewalk and then it can get tricky getting out when the traffic is heavy. There is a set of lights near by that gives you windows to get out.

The court yard is well taken care of. Probably where a lot of investment is put in the property. There are a couple ponds with fish in them, coy fish I believe. The pool is located in the back near the canal. It wasn't the most inviting part of the property. Very old tile and looked dirty in some spots of the pool. My wife and I didn't bother taking a dip.

Our ground level room was very standard. The single queen size bed consisted of an older mattress and box spring. Sheets were older as well. I found it very uncomfortable to be honest. But I realize at $60 a night, this was not a 4 star + stay.

The bathroom consisted of older tiling and tub. The shower head needed to be replaced as you could see the build up around it. But I can say there was plenty of hot water when you needed it.

The hotel is located across the street from a large public access beach. Also, there are lots of other hotels and restaurants near by. Lots of food choices and dining types. There is not much for shopping. You'd have to go into Tampa or Ellenton to find malls and shops.

My recommendation is that if you are only staying a couple nights and need a budget place to stay then this is definitely a good hotel. If you are looking for a week or so, I would recommend looking into a summer rental that has a bit more comfort features.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Riotel Island Resort? Share your experiences!