“Excellent Customer Service!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Treasure Island
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent Customer Service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at Crystal Palms for 5 nights (26/5-31/5). This was our second stay and we all loved it just as much, if not more, than the first time we visited! Unfortunately, my elderly father had a bad fall while on holiday which resulted in me having to make a lot of transatlic calls in dealing with our insurance company etc. Heather and all the team were fantastic and very helpful to my family, especially at such a stressful time! The accommodation was lovely, extremely clean and well maintained. Like a previous reviewer, we were in room 602 which had absolutely fantastic views of the beach. Crystal Palms is also in a great location, only a short walk to Middle Grounds, Ricky T's (great Pizza) and John's Pass. We would certainly return to Crystal Palms and highly recommend to friends and family. We have been to St Pete's and Clearwater previously but much prefer Treasure Island. Thanks again to Heather and all the team, your help and support during a difficult time was very much appreciated!

Room Tip: Would highly recommend Room 602 for great views of the Beach.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We just returned from Treasure Island, Fl and stayed at Crystal Palms Beach Resort from 06/12/13 - 06/16/13. The condo was extremely nice and we loved everything about it. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. The pool was nice and the clear calm beach is directly across the street. I would definitely recommend Crystal Palm to anyone vacationing here. Our family will stay here again!!!
**mccorkle family**

Lutz, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Me and my family stayed here last week for 3 days. We got a nice deal for the 3 days. ( like less than $150.00 per night).The building is brand new with nice appliances and features. The condo is not on the water but the beach is acrros the street and all the suites have a nice, big balcony with an excellent ocean view. the place has a nice decent pool also. The only thing that this place lack of is an onsite restaurant and store. However, there are many restaurants near by. The staff were very helpfula nd friendly. I definetely recomended.

Bentonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at Crystal Palms just last week (5/31 - 6/5) and absolutely loved it! The staff was very courteous, friendly, and helpful. The pool was small, but nice, with lots of pool toys for the kids to use.

Our room was 602 and we had the best view of the beach from our wonderful balcony. The beds were very comfortable and the condo was very spacious and well appointed. The only drawback that I could see was that the carpet in the bedrooms is starting to look a bit tired, but not dirty. Maybe being by the ocean it would be best to be all tile, but that's just my opinion. Otherwise, everything was wonderful. We were just a quick 5 minute walk to the beach, which is across the street. The beach was awesome - Very wide and clean, lots of shells, a pair of lounge chairs were just $15 to rent for the entire day ($25 if you wanted an umbrella to go w/ them), and we even saw dolphins in the water one day!

The location was great, just one mile away from John's Pass and St. Pete's was just a 10 minute drive if you wanted a little more to do. Treasure Island is quiet and quaint, which we loved. We went to Clearwater Beach for the day for a change of scenery and appreciated our quiet little slice of paradise on Treasure Island after seeing how crowded Clearwater got during high season (we normally go to Clearwater in late April when it's not so crowded).

Crystal Palms was just a short little mile away from Middle Grounds, which was a delicious restaurant experience. The kids enjoyed going next door to Snoballs and getting sno cones and ice cream for dessert, too. :)

Overall, this was a great vacation. I'd highly recommend Crystal Palms to my family and friends looking for a spacious, clean, inviting place to relax and enjoy the beach!

Room Tip: The higher the better. It's on Gulf Blvd, which is a busy street and can get a little noisy duri...
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

When I arrived at Crystal Palms Beach Resort on Memorial Day weekend I came with my confirmation code from Traveloscity. The very patient hotel staff kindly told me they didn't not have me on their reservation list. They then told me they haven't done business with Traveloscity on over a year and they don't even know how I got the reservation. Calling Traveloscity on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend in attempt to get another reservation was a complete waste of time so after 10 minutes I just told them to cancel everything. Some people who had reservations at Crystal Palms were crying about something that sounded ridiculous and left upset. Their loss was my gain. The hotel attendant saw that my fiancee and I were stranded as all hotels were booked. He gave us the other peoples room and he didn't have to. He could have just cancelled their reservation and let an online reservation fill it up instantly as it was the easiest thing for him to do. The hotel stay was perfect all around. Service A+++ Room size and amenities A+++++. Located near John's Pass (St. John's Pass) which is the main destination in all of Treasure Island. The pool and deck at the hotel were really nice. The bathroom was huge and there was three sinks with mirrors which made this place very easy to get ready. The kitchen had everything we needed equipped already. You just need to bring food and beverages. Don't forget to swallow your pride and not be rude on this Island. It won't get you anywhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not a great start, but only a minute away, it didn't bother us much. We were four men around 30 staying here as an option to Tampa. We were gonna catch a Hockey game in Tampa, but decided to stay here and pay 100 USD each way in taxi instead. The rooms were ok. Beach was great. Huge. Some fair restaurants in area. This wasn't the best expirience, but cheap enough to make it decent overall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Heather M, General Manager at Crystal Palms Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. I would very much appreciate if you could provide me more details about your stay. Where you stating that the hotel was oversold and you stayed somewhere else?
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stay here! The staff is amazing! I showed up here on Memorial Day weekend, having booked through a third-party site, and the hotel had no record of my reservation. (They didn't even have an account with this third-party site!) While it wasn't their problem (the problem was with the third-party site), they took it upon themselves to call area hotels to find availability on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. (They would have offered me a room, but they were booked.) I stood in the lobby for quite some time, trying to figure out what to do next, and I heard several interactions with staff. Everyone was very cordial with staff, the building looked gorgeous, and you're sure to have a great view. Great location, too. Book it! Thank you, Pete (and manager, whose name I never got), for salvaging my weekend! I hope I can return sometime soon and stay at your place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Crystal Palms Beach Resort? Share your experiences!