“Best hotel and experience in my life!” 5 of 5 stars

Crystal Palms Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11605 Gulf Blvd., Treasure Island, FL 33706   |
Ranked #3 of 43 hotels in Treasure Island
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Best hotel and experience in my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

When I arrived at Crystal Palms Beach Resort on Memorial Day weekend I came with my confirmation code from Traveloscity. The very patient hotel staff kindly told me they didn't not have me on their reservation list. They then told me they haven't done business with Traveloscity on over a year and they don't even know how I got the reservation. Calling Traveloscity on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend in attempt to get another reservation was a complete waste of time so after 10 minutes I just told them to cancel everything. Some people who had reservations at Crystal Palms were crying about something that sounded ridiculous and left upset. Their loss was my gain. The hotel attendant saw that my fiancee and I were stranded as all hotels were booked. He gave us the other peoples room and he didn't have to. He could have just cancelled their reservation and let an online reservation fill it up instantly as it was the easiest thing for him to do. The hotel stay was perfect all around. Service A+++ Room size and amenities A+++++. Located near John's Pass (St. John's Pass) which is the main destination in all of Treasure Island. The pool and deck at the hotel were really nice. The bathroom was huge and there was three sinks with mirrors which made this place very easy to get ready. The kitchen had everything we needed equipped already. You just need to bring food and beverages. Don't forget to swallow your pride and not be rude on this Island. It won't get you anywhere.

490 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not a great start, but only a minute away, it didn't bother us much. We were four men around 30 staying here as an option to Tampa. We were gonna catch a Hockey game in Tampa, but decided to stay here and pay 100 USD each way in taxi instead. The rooms were ok. Beach was great. Huge. Some fair restaurants in area. This wasn't the best expirience, but cheap enough to make it decent overall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Heather M, General Manager at Crystal Palms Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. I would very much appreciate if you could provide me more details about your stay. Where you stating that the hotel was oversold and you stayed somewhere else?
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stay here! The staff is amazing! I showed up here on Memorial Day weekend, having booked through a third-party site, and the hotel had no record of my reservation. (They didn't even have an account with this third-party site!) While it wasn't their problem (the problem was with the third-party site), they took it upon themselves to call area hotels to find availability on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. (They would have offered me a room, but they were booked.) I stood in the lobby for quite some time, trying to figure out what to do next, and I heard several interactions with staff. Everyone was very cordial with staff, the building looked gorgeous, and you're sure to have a great view. Great location, too. Book it! Thank you, Pete (and manager, whose name I never got), for salvaging my weekend! I hope I can return sometime soon and stay at your place.

Jekyll Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This resort is very nice. We actually stayed in one of their rentals at Sunset Vistas. Randy at the front desk was very helpful during our check-in process. My only suggestion is if you plan on cooking, bring some of your own cooking ware. There are some pots/pans, but limited. We can hardly wait until our next vacation there.

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 401 S (I think). We enjoyed it.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Friendly and professional staff from front desk to the cleaning staff. It appears to be family-run and they take pride in keeping their guests satisfied. Family-friendly. Included an ensuite bathroom and a larger bathroom. Saw families at the pool.
Renovated older hotel, modern amenities inside very spacious rooms with large full kitchen. Patio outside of living area and bedroom. Very large shower but does not have a bathtub if that is something you use.
The reason it received a 3 star was the bedroom carpet was old and very worn and needed to be replaced. It may be that they are still in the midst of doing all the renovations in all the rooms as the rest of the room was newly finished. Otherwise, all the rooms, including the living room, was tiled, made it easy to see how clean it was maintained.
It was across the street from the beach but it was in an older area along that coastline. Clearwater Bay was a bit more upscale and newer with more restaurants. In travelling toward Clearwater Bay from Treasure Island and in Madiera, we found a small family-owned coffee shop with the best coffee, homemade chai lattes and homemade baked goods. Very worthwhile stop in the morning!

Room Tip: On the main road so I might want to be higher up to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Heather M, General Manager at Crystal Palms Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and you are correct in stating that we take great pride in making sure our guests well taken care of during their stay. One correction is that we are a new build hotel that opened in October 2008. We hope to see you again during your future visits to Treasure Island.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a three bedroom penthouse and the room was amazing! It was clean, easy walk to the beach and definitely a great price. The location was also good for walking to dinner. I would highly recommend and will be back soon!

• Stayed May 2013
WILLIAMSVILLE IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were looking for a place to share with our friends for a couple days before we left on a cruise out of Tampa. We found this place by researching on TripAdvisor and were definitely not steered wrong by the great advice of others who have stayed here. We wished we had more time to spend more days here. It was roomy, clean, had a balcony, kitchen, laundry - what more could we ask for? Would highly recommend. :)

Room Tip: Corner rooms have more balcony space and get a room at level 3 or higher.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Crystal Palms Beach Resort? Share your experiences!