“Sensationally Satisfied” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in Treasure Island
Parrish, Florida
“Sensationally Satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

My wife and I wanted a weekend getaway and found this place on a internet advertisement. The price was unbeatable, which always makes me a little hesitant about how the establishment is being operated. Being on a budget, we decided to give it a shot. And I'll tell you what, I couldn't be happier that we did because after we left, we felt like we found Treasure Islands hidden Gem!!! The concierge staff was extremely friendly and prompt to our request. Our room was on the second story giving us views of both the Bay and the Gulf of Mexico, which was beautiful at sunset! The room itself was a 10! From the luxurious king bed to the well designed kitchenette the room was just what we were looking for. The room also came equipped with a flyer that enabled us 50% off our entire bill at a local beach bar, which was an incredible value saving us $60! Overall my wife and I couldn't be happier with our experience and definitely recommend The Bayside Inn & Marina to anyone looking for a getaway in the Bay Area! Next time I'm bringing my boat since they have slip access right outback of the hotel for a extremely reasonable rate!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Parrish, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

This vacation was one of the best I've ever had. The Bayside Inn and Marina was great from check in to check out. The person working at the front desk was very friendly and informative of local things to do and places to eat. The room was clean, pretty, and the beds were very comfortable. The kitchenette was very convenient for nights we didn't feel like going out to eat. It was also nice to be able to make a nice breakfast. The docks were really nice there. It would be a great location to bring a boat as all the slips are equipped with water and electric. The pool was refreshing and clean. The beach was conveniently located right across the street. Many things were within walking distance. The free beach taxi and trolly made it easy to get anywhere out of walking distance. I will definitely be coming back to this hotel as it was very "homey"

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

We stayed here for a wedding and were really happy with the location; It was perfectly between the ceremony & reception venues. The room was much better than we were even expecting; the decor looks nice, and it has a kitchenette and a great view of a pier.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

I've never stayed anyplace quite like this. Upon arrival, they could not find a room key, so the gentleman at the desk (who informed me he was not the desk clerk) climbed through the window so that we could get into our room (#212) It has a stove, refrigerator, cable TV, and appeared recently remodeled (except for the bathroom which was somewhat dated in pink and burgundy tile. New furniture included (but was not limited to) a bed and two lamps adorned with pineapples and the whole scenario gives one the feeling of staying at the Coconut Palms with Elvis during the filming of Blue Hawaii. I considered the room adequate for our three day stay.

Unfortunately, both my wife and I walked around the all tile floor of our unit in our bare feet and they turned black from what I can only hope was just dirt on the tile. The pool is not heated and thus too cold to swim in. When our room wasn't attended to our second day, I inquired at the desk and was informed that there was no daily room service, but that I could exchange my towels. A second gentleman told me that I should have been told that there was no daily maid service when I checked in. Finally, you can save yourself some heartache by not looking at the inside of the shower curtain when you shower.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
BaysideInnTI, General Manager at The Bayside Inn & Marina, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Dear guest and other guests who read this review,

First off I am very sorry to hear about your stay based on your review. I wish I could have been there so everything could have been delt with in a proper way so that you were happy in the end and your stay with us was a good one. The "problem" manager and employees who were working there at the time of your stay are not working for us anymore. I have been hired and am the new manager and things are being run quite a bit differently. I have a new crew of friendly and smart front dest employees and a new cleaning staff.
The frist problem you had with the key to the room is unacceptable. Because of this review when I started here I made a set of spare keys which we keep locked up so that we can always access them if we need to. Now it will be impossible for a guest not to have access to their room.
As for the rooms, yes they were recently renovated, and in some of them we did choose to keep the "retro" tiles. It only adds character to the rooms and is still in amazing condition. Many of the guests absolutely love them and say they add character. The furniture we have in our rooms is all broyhill furniture. The quality and design of our furniture is a step above many other hotels on the Island and I also cannot say I have evey heard anything bad about it. It can be viewed on our website and on tripadvisor for those of you who cannot see.
As for the clendlyness of the tile floors I am sorry to hear that they made your feet dirty. I can say that the old management never checked the rooms after the cleaning ladies had cleaning them, in doing so the old manager would never know if they did a good job or not. Now that I have been working here I have hired all new cleaning ladies and I hold them to the highest of standards. They will clean one room at a time and before they move on to the next room they have to have approval from me or one of the other desk employees first. This way we make sure thet the room is spottless before they move on. I have also bought the chemicals and materials they use to clean the room and make sure everything is commercial grade in order to have the room as clean as possible upon check in.
We now do offer a cleaning every other day or so. We will have the cleaning ladies come into the rooms and they will make the beds, sweep the floors, take out the trash and provide fresh towels. Also any time the cleaning ladies are not on duty getting new towels is as simple picking up the phone and ringing the office and we will bring the fresh towels up to you right away.

I hope this response helps you and all who may read it.
Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

This hotel has a very competitive rate for the Florida winter season. The rooms are very modern, spacious and clean. The hotel staff brings a new meaning to "service with a smile".

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Winter Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

My husband and I just stayed here and found the room to be very nice. It is super clean and newly remodeled. We were concerned at first because the rate was so fantasic but after getting there we were totally surprised. The rooms are wonderful. We also went to The Cigar Republic and Caddy's Way. Make sure you check both out while you are visiting.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

I had read other reviews on Trip Advisor about this motel so thought we would give it a try!! How wrong we were!!! making a reservation was easy and the desk clerk we talked with was warm and courteous, we even got a bit of a discount from the online posted tariff.
So far..so good. Upon our arrival we found the office door locked and no one around but a cleaning crew person who could not help us, we had given a one night deposit so we were staying around and eventually someone showed up, having had run an errand to get cleaning supplies.
The first room we were shown was quite nice, having recently been renovated but...alas, the circuit breaker for the frout half of the room was broken and there was no heat, nor air nor TV power. We were moved to another equally attractive room and settled in for our 3 days. Unfortunately that evening we discoverd that in order to get any warm/hot water, it needed to run from the faucets for at least 20 minutes...we were "forgotten by the "maid service" and had to go to the office for fresh towels....our beds were never made nor the trash emptied. The beds were comfortable but that is the only positive things we can say about this motel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest and other guests who read this review,

At the time that this review was made we were under old management and I am truly sorry to hear about some of the stories of the past. Since then, about half a year ago, we have gotten rid of all the problem employees and we have a new manager, myself (Aaron) and a brand new team of employees and things are being run quite a bit differently, not to mention way more professional and curtious and extremely hospitable. First, the office is always manned and the residential manager, myself, can always be reached by phone 24/7 if there is a problem. I can be reached during work hours and even after work hours in case of emergency. We will always meet guests needs and make sure they have a enjoyable stay with us. We have taken the cleaning of rooms into consideration and we now can offer a "freshing up" service from our cleaning staff every other day or so and they will go in and sweep up, made the bed, take out the trash, and leave fresh towels. The days that the cleaning ladies are not here getting fresh towels is as easy as picking up the phone in your room and ringing the office and we will bring some fresh towels up to you right away. We are trying very hard and have dramatically changed the way things have been run here. Since new management has taken over there has not been one complaint and things are running very smoothly. We strive to make sure your vacation or weekend getaway is enjoyable and that your interaction with all our staff is nothing but friendly!

Been to The Bayside Inn & Marina? Share your experiences!