We are always in search of nice hotels with kitchen included. As we dine out frequently at home, our family's idea of a good vacation is to not have to go out for meals. We have found several other similar spots on Florida's west coast (at a much higher cost), but they have all had their warts. One pricey spot near Sarasota had great rooms but not enough pool seating for its guests, making the pool off limits for those who didn't get there early enough for a chair. Another elegant property on Marco Island had such shockingly uncouth guests -imagine 10 screaming preteens throwing a regulation sized football back and forth in the pool, all day, no parental or hotel supervision.
Treasure Island Marriott had everything we were looking for! More than enough pool chairs, polite guests, a mixture of young families with small children, older folks, couples...beautifully decorated rooms, great views, fantastic beach. Perfect!
Other reviewers have described the hotel features, so I won't go into details, but it might be helpful to know that there is a K convenience store right across the street with soft drinks, beer, wine, frozen foods, beach supplies, groceries. Publix is about a mile south, it had friendly employees, good prices, great selection. You could even walk there if you wanted to in about 20 minutes each way. I don't know about the cost of airport transfer, but you probably could make do without a car.
Breakfast was nice, before 8:30, it was not crowded. We found the elevators not to be an issue. Even though we were on a high floor, the stairs were always an option. Also a computer and printer in lobby, handy for printing boarding passes.
Husband actually said, "Let's go back next year". That was a first!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Residence Inn by Marriott St. Petersburg / Treasure Island offers outstanding suites and a great location, but what really counts is the service and the extra amenities such as free breakfast, free high speed internet and luxurious suites with energy efficient stainless steel appliances in our fully-equipped kitchens, flat screen TVs, and a private balcony overlooking the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott St. Petersburg / Treasure Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott St. Petersburg / Treasure Island Hotel Treasure Island
- Residence Inn St Petersburg
- Residence Inn Treasure Island
- Marriott Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Marriott
- Treasure Island Residence Inn
- Residence Inn By Marriott St. Petersburg / Treasure Island Florida