“Writing this from the hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Temple Terrace
“Writing this from the hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is our second time staying here and we use Marriott points for our trip. The hotel is off the main street, but easy to get to and just a few miles away from Busch Gardens (the main reason for both trips). The staff is great and for a category 2 Marriott, I feel as though the hotel is very clean and appealing.

Breakfast is included, so my kids love making their own waffles and taking their time in the morning. Our last time here (about 6 or 7 weeks ago), it was very busy but this time not so much (which I prefer). Our room was very nice and if you need anything at night, they have a good selection to choose from in the lobby (juice, snacks, etc.).

When traveling for business, I usually stay in Courtyards but with the family this hotel is perfect. I've read some of the other reviews and for what it's worth, I'm pretty "selective" when traveling alone and especially with my family and I feel very comfortable staying here overall. We'll be back on our next trip to Busch Gardens for sure...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

From the first step through the door to our departure two days later, the staff at this hotel showed us the greatest service, respect and courtesy. Traveling with my elderly mother, I was very impressed by the care they took with her, and the quick assistance they gave when she realized she was going to need a handicapped room. We were switched immediately and with no fuss. The desk staff were always attentive, and not chatting on the phone with their friends as often happens these days, or treating you like you are disturbing them if you ask them a question.

The hotel has also gotten a face lift since the last time we visited two years ago, and looks great. I was also able to use the pool and hot tub, which were immaculate. The location is actually quite good for North Tampa, since you have to drive just about anywhere anyway. Close to 75, close to 275, and there's a great park (Lettuce Lake Park) super close by to go running or just to see a bit of nature. If you have business at the University, this is definitely a great place to stay. We'll be coming back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Excellent choice for visiting busch gardens but little far from tampa... New rooms good comimentary breakfast excellent service... Very pleasant experience!

• Stayed May 2012
ksljusar, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Tampa North, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel!

Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I usually stay at Courtyards but the one nearby this facility was booked solid so I tried the Fairfield. I must say it was a good notch below most Hamptons I have stayed in. I didn't expect Courtyard quality but was frankly very surprised at the major drop-off.

I reserved a King Studio (upgrade) and when I arrived they tried to put in a handicapped room - only 1 problem - I'm not handicapped. They they switched me a midnight to a regular double. Very plain and worn looking room. Loud air conditioner runs continuously.

Went downstairs for breakfast but waited a long time for an elevator that only goes to 3 floors. Everyone complained how slow it operates. Fairfield are apparently the "styrofoam kings" of breakfasts. All bowls and drink glasses are stryofoam - is that appropriate in this age of Green? Oatmeal was in packages with a microwave. Orange juice had something foamy in it and the foam would not dissipate after 10 minutes (I think you call that soap - is it designed to enhance the flavor?).

Anyway, you get what you pay for - I paid $89. Most any Country Inn & Suites would be just as good if not better but then probably at a similar price. Take it or leave it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ksljusar, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Tampa North, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write your comments about your stay at our hotel. I am truly sorry that your expectations were not met during your stay. We do strive to keep our guests happy and take it very seriously when we fail to do so.

Our hotel has several handicap accessible rooms which provide the same amenities that non-accessible rooms offer, the only difference being the room size and width. Our accessible rooms are larger and offer more space to accommodate wheelchair access. It was never our intention to offend you by placing you in a handicap accessible room as it does serve dual purpose. Again, please accept our apologies for not offering you the room that you expected.

As a result of your comments regarding breakfast we have called out a technician to check the juice machine. Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North takes pride is being a Florida Green Lodging Property. We recycle paper, plastic, & card board, reduce water usage by participating in the line & towel reuse program, and also use only florescent light bulbs. Due to Marriott Brand Standards, we are unfortunately not able to switch to real plates at this time.

I certainly hope that you give us another chance to win your business back. Should you need a room in this area please feel free to reach out to me directly by calling (813) 989-0007 ext. 603 and I will personally ensure that a non-handicap room is blocked for your arrival.

West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We have stayed in many Fairfield Inns on our drives up North to visit relatives. When I saw the rate for this Fairfield Inn in Tampa, I jumped on it. We visit Tampa often.We like to stay in the Morris Bridge Rd. area because it's close to USF & Busch Gardens but in a quiet area. We usually stay in the Hilton Garden Inn, which we love. But we decided to try the Fairfield Inn, which was giving a better rate. And Fairfield Inn had such great reviews on Expedia!
My husband arrived first & called right away to tell me the a/c in the room was set to 60 degrees! It was freezing & damp. He turned the a/c to 70 degrees & was hoping that damp feeling would go away. When I got there it was late & I was exhausted. When I walked into our room I also felt the dampness. Also, when I took off my shoes the carpet felt dirty. I'd read the reviews that the beds were so comfy, which is important to us! We like a good night sleep! I felt the blanket on top and it was thin. I went to the front desk for more blankets. When I finally got into bed I was so disappointed. Yes, the mattress was comfy but the sheets felt damp & dirty. My husband actually slept in his sweatpants because the sheets felt gross. Instead of a good night sleep we hardly slept.
We went to the Continental breakfast in the morning. That was actually the best part of our stay. The attendant was so pleasant & so attentive to us & everyone else. She made me smile after such a bad night!
We were disappointed. It's worth it to pay a little more to go back to the Hilton Garden Inn. It's in the same area & we never had any issues there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ksljusar, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Tampa North, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Guests,

I wanted to thank you for taking your time to write a review and share with us comments about your recent stay at our hotel!
I wanted to apologize for not meeting your expectations! We hold our housekeeping staff to very high standards and I am truly sorry that in your case we failed to provide you with the level of cleanliness that you have come to expect from the hotels you stay in. I hope that you treat it as an isolated incident and give us a chance to regain your trust in us. Please feel free to call me directly at (813) 989-0007 ext. 603 when planning your next trip to north Tampa and I will personally ensure that your stay is great!
I am glad however that our breakfast attendant made a great impression on you and your husband. I will make sure to pass along your comments to her!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I found the hotel to be handy for my drive N/B on I-75.I wanted to be past the Tampa congestion for an early start. The staff was helful as I called in ahead from the road. Upon arriving, the staff was efficient. The room was clean and up to date. I had a good breakfast and hit the road relaxed and rested.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012 via mobile

The hotel has microwave and fridge in the room I stayed. That was better than most other Fairfield Inns. I will stay here again in a few weeks on a return trip to Tampa. The staff is helpful.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Fairfield Inn and Suites Tampa North? Share your experiences!