“FIRE YOUR HOSTESS” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Applebee's Fowler Ave.

No photo provided
Dining options: Late Night
Tampa
“FIRE YOUR HOSTESS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

At 11:15pm tuesday, my boyfriend and I walked into applebees, stood at the front, expecting a hostess to arrive within a minute, nope! We waited a good 3-5 minutes and no hostess arrived. We waited patiently, a girl came to the podium, crossed off a name on the list with a hilighter, not even acknowleding us standing there at all, and walked away. Frusterated after 6-8 minutes of standing there with no acknowledgement from anyone of the staff, a group of three girls walked in loudly, went straight up to the podium, the same girl arrived again and seated them instantly! There was even a couple sitting and waiting before us! Extremely angry at this point, my boyfriend located the manager, told him of this and got both us, and the couple that was waiting for a table and on the list instantly. Possibly the worst hostess i have ever experienced in my entire life! How do you not even acknowledge someone standing right in front of you waiting to be seated?! she just looked straight at the ground as she walked, in a daze, probably stoned out of her mind not even knowing she was at a restaurant supposed to be doing her job! luckily, the manager was very apologetic and our waitress was awesome. Food was alright. And when I say alright I mean, it was edible. Never going back because of how that horrible hostess set the mood of our night.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Not going back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

First, the food was okay...just okay. But the restaurant and staff left much to be desired. The restaurant was so crowded and loud, I could hear neither my friend across the table nor the waiter as he attempted to talk to us about our order. Our waiter was not friendly and seemed a little annoyed to have to wait on us, even though we made no extra requests nor caused him any extra trouble. On the phone the next evening, my husband asked where we were going for dinner, I said, "Well, it WON'T be Applebees!"

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Very nasty i will never eat there again. The service and food was very nasty i didnt like it. I always ate at apple bees and not one time was my food not done. i dnt appreciate that, I should report yall. But guess wat i just wont eat there again because i couldnt enjoy my meal because it wasnt done. So for future reference i will not be going back to apple bees.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“a USED spoon came with dessert..........and it took 15 min.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have been going to Applebees for many years. I had one out of dozens that wast up to par. They had a new cook and I had take out that night. Not something overwhelming so I kept going there (Beaver Dam, WI). Staff including Managers were always excellent.

Now for a recent visit to Applebees on Fowler Ave in Tampa, FL. Its the 3rd time I have gone there and twice I havent been happy. Most recent visit was tonight. Did the 2 for $20 and my gf had the 2 for one deal on house Margaritas. Well the house drinks.........mostly ice and watered down. So the taste wasnt there. Next appetizer came out and less than 5 min later the entree came out......So that kinda sucked.
My chicken/shrimp meal looked like it was "pressed" seeing the grill marks were deep and wide.....plus the charred taste was overwhelming.
So after dinner I ordered the brownie bite..................15 min went by and nothing. So when I seen the server I was about to say forget it when another server brought the dessert. I looked at the spoon and it looked like it had been used..........like someone had it in their mouth!!
So after about 5 min our server came by and asked if there was something wrong and I quietly said it took to long and the spoon was dirty/used. A few minutes later the Manager came over..........and you could see this incident didnt really bother him. He did ask if i wanted another dessert.........i passed seeing he didnt really give a crap about a spoon that appeared to have been USED .
It is so very disappointing that Applebees here is not as high caliber as my hometown one. I even called up the the Beaver Dam store and told them I wished they were down here to train this staff.

Side note...........I did witness 2 people walk out and not pay. They said they were going out to smoke and they never returned..........I wonder why. Karma maybe??

So be aware...........you have a 50/50 shot when you go here for dinner.

Yes i paid full price for the dinner and yes I gave the server a tip.

Semper Fi!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, FL
“Good for late evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Applebee's is Applebees, providing reasonably priced foods in a pub-type atmosphere. It's hard to beat their steaks for the price. Service is friendly and supportive and doesn't require long waits. They are open later than other restaurants around there so if you are running a bit behind. it's a great place.

Visited October 2012