“Dissappointed with front desk” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Temple Terrace
Boston, MA
“Dissappointed with front desk”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2007

We stayed at this hotel so that we could visit our grandparents as well as go to Red Sox Spring Training with another couple. The location was good, very easy to find. We checked in a day earlier than the other couple we were traveling with, and let them know that the other couple would be requiring a late check-in the next day, as their flight didn't get in until midnight. The front desk clerk noted this and we thought we were all set. We got in around 1am after picking up the couple from the airport and the front desk clerk (a different person) told us that there were no rooms left and that our friends would have to stay the night in another hotel down the street. We were upset, but only had one car, so we told them we would all have to go to this other hotel, even though we already had a room. They told us if we left, we would have to pay for rooms in both hotels, since we already had a room there and that we would have to come back to the Hilton Garden Inn in Temple Terrace the next night. I told them that we would not be coming back and forth for our 3 day vacation, as it was a huge inconvenience and magically, they found a room for our friends at the hotel.
There were no other issues with the hotel, but everything was overshadowed by this experience. I would never stay here again and I would not recommend the hotel to anyone else.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Experience with Front Desk Staff
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

I highly reccomend this hotel. All of the staff I came into contact with from the housekeepers to the front desk clerks were very friendly and helpful. I had originally booked 2 rooms both with king beds, non smoking with a connecting door. (was traveling with family) I called the hotel after booking the reservation to make sure I would be able to get the connecting room. The woman I spoke with was very helpful in making sure they put the info in the computer about the connecting rooms and changing my room types. (The king room connects to a room with 2 beds)

We arrived at the hotel kind of late (almost midnight) and every request I had made was honored. This is something that rarely happens at hotels anymore, especially when arriving late. The hotel common areas and the rooms were very clean and everything was in good condition / working order.

After checking out, we had discovered we had left something behind. We went back to the hotel to check the room. The housekeepers were in the hallway and went out of their way to help us look for the item.

The hotel is only about 10 or so minutes away from Busch Gardens and USF. There are several restaurants on the hotels exit and the exit after that (heading South). Also, the hotel is very close to I-75 and about 10 minutes away from I-275 which was very convenient when driving into downtown Tampa.

• Liked — all of the staff and the room
  • Disliked — nothing. everthing was good
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
goastryter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2007

If you are looking for a nice place to stay with a reasonable price near Busch Gardens, this is it! It is in a good part of town, the place is really nice, the staff very nice and my room was spit shined, comfortable and classy. Have to say it was better than some $200 per night rooms I have been in. Each room also comes with free high speed internet and HDTV for cryin out loud! Stay there, it's great!

• Stayed January 2007
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2006

The joys of staying at your Hotel ...

1 - Dec. 11th....first of all finding this hotel....the driving instructions are not correct on the web site

2 - When we finally arrived there was no one to help with bags - the front staff could not help but notice us struggling with our luggage but, there is no offer to help.

3 - When we got to our room:

a) urine in the toilet - hey, that's ok as I flushed and cleaned it myself.

b) hair on the floor - BLACK hair - we have light brown and grey hair

c) the fridge had been turned off and defrosted - leaving a tray of water to clean up

d) bath towel was stained

4 - No shuttle to Busch Gardens - all the other hotels (less expensive) in this area do

5 - Waited for shuttle for over 30 minutes and had front desk call again.

6 - When the shuttle arrived the wife or girlfriend or friend(?) was in the front passenger seat.

7 - While driving, the driver answered the cell phone and continued to have a lengthy conversation.

8 - After the first night advised the front desk that the room was not very clean, hair on floor and hole in one of the sheets - was assured that this would be attended to - upon returning late that afternoon found that nothing had been done. - in fact, the hair was still on the floor and the sheet (complete with hole) was still there.

9 - When returning from Busch Gardens, asked the shuttle driver what the rate from the Hotel to the Airport would be to confirm what I had been advised by Hilton Hotels (head office) which was $55 for a taxi and $35 for a shuttle - the driver advised that the shuttle fee was $35 for one person and $55 for two - well, the reservation had been made for Mr & Mrs .. what part of this am I missing?
On the other 2 trips we made with the shuttle the driver as well was answering his cell....and no it was not a hands free one.
I realize the shuttle does not belong to the hotel but it is up to the hotel to set the guidelines.

Not so much as a "thank you for staying with us", "have a good day" ... or whatever, as the front desk watched us struggle with our luggage on the way out ...
not very likely to stay there again!
.......and that's why it's not a 4 star ....shouldn't even be a 3

• Liked — popcorn available in the lobby
  • Disliked — just about everything
  • Tips/Secrets — chek hotels closer to Busch Gardens and the airport
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oklahoma City,Okla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2006

If you are going to Busch gardens, take my advice stay at this hotel. It may be 4-5 miles further to the park but the hotels in this area are not ran down. This place is great, clean rooms, managers reception a typical Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
South Bend, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2006

If you stay in Tampa, FL you must stay here. The hotel is very nice. I stayed here for 2 nights at like $75 a night and the hotel was great. When you walk in the hotel the lobby is so nicely decorated. It really feels like an regurlar fancy Hilton and what a bargain. There is always a treat at the counter. One day there were fresh apples in a huge bowl filled with ice water and the other day I had soft cholate chip cookie. Checking in and checkin out is a breeze. When you checkout you can use the phone in the room which is so fast and you can then just leave your keys. Everything is close to this hotel. There is a Walmart, Busch Gardens, and some shopping and nice restaraunts nearby within 5 minutes. I must tell you about the best restaraunt that I went to when I was there. It is called Remington's Steakhouse has the best sirloin steak I had ever had and the biggest baked potato was as big as a mini football i swear. My wife had the tastiest strawberry daquari ever. Vist [--], there are 3 locations in Tampa, FL. You wont be disappointed.

• Disliked — I did see a bug that I think was a cockroach but a small one. There is a marsh behind hotel so there will be a lot of bugs back there.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2006

We stayed here for 2 nights at $62/night (AAA rate). Every staff member we came in contact with was pleasant, helpful and provided excellent customer service. The hotel lobby and restaurant were clean and very well-maintained. The breakfast buffet was great! Our room/bathroom were also very clean and comfortable (in addition to the bed it included a microwave, fridge, desk and comfortable chair/ottoman). Parking was never a problem.

It's a great place to stay if you are planning on going to Busch Gardens which is just a few miles away. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North? Share your experiences!