“Great place to relax after a hard day.” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13305 Tampa Oaks Boulevard, Temple Terrace, FL 33637   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Temple Terrace
North Augusta
“Great place to relax after a hard day.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The staff and the hotel were perfect to work with duringt our stay. After a hard day, they had the right recommendations for us when it came time to dine out. Breakfast was great and you had almost anything you could hope for at your finger tips. Kristen (SIC) was a great person at the desk to work with. She provided us with all of the information we could have hoped for on the local area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We are glad you had a great stay and that we were able to provide you with some perfect recommendations for things to do in our area. There is so much to see and do in Tampa, we hope you had a great visit and plan to come back to our fantastic city soon!

323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I checked in on a Sunday and stayed until Friday so I have a good feel for the hotel. I had breakfast and lunch in the restaurant each day, as well dinner one night. I also ordered room service one evening.

The room (Room 629) was quite, comfortable and clean. The desk was large and the work chair comfortable. I don't love the adjustable beds Hilton has, but I don't hate them either. The sleep is good but I think that could have been accomplished without all of the hoopla.

I was staying at this hotel for training so I was in one of their meeting rooms all day, each day. The meeting rooms were well equipped and very effective for the meetings I was attending.

Pluses to note:
- Wifi is available throughout the hotel.
- Fresh cookies are available each evening
- A well stocked pantry is onsite for snacks or in case you missed something. Granted, it is overpriced like all such hotel 'stores', but it provides a needed service

The only 'negatives' are minor, and listed below.
- The AC unit in my room was excessively loud. It didn't keep me from sleeping, but it was loud enough that I was concerned that it might. I don't think this was a problem with my room but rather a by-product of the brand of AC so I think it should be expected in each room.
- My room had a large, fake jacuzzi type tub (no jets, just LARGE). While I am sure it would make for a great bath, it is a lousy shower. It wouldn't keep me from staying in this room again, but it did detract from my experience.
- As is usual in this size hotel, the two elevators are rather slow.

Room Tip: Due to speed of elevators I would recommend staying on the 2nd or 3rd floor and using the stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your very informative review of our hotel! We enjoyed having you as our guest for a week and are very happy you had a great stay! We hope you get a chance to come and visit with us again in the coming months and when you do, there are a few things you might notice: Our full lobby and restaurant renovation happening this summer and new air conditioners in our guest rooms. During our next room renovation we will also be removing the oversized tubs and installing a spacious glass enclosed shower. You will definitely have some great things to look forward to at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North!
We look forward to your next visit!

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a very clean hotel and very friendly staff. The cook to order breakfast was great. We would stay here over any other hotel in the area! Great location for visiting Busch Gardens, USF, the MOSI or the Tampa zoo.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent visit with us! We work hard to provide our guests with 1st class accommodations and outstanding customer service and we are very glad we came through for you. Please come back and visit with us again!

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The carpeting in our room was soaking wet.. they sent a maintenance man up who then went and got a vaccum to suck up the water, told him we wanted another room, after 15 minutes HE came back to the room and told me that I had to go down stairs and see the front desk. I asked him to bring us a cart for our luggage and he said he could not. I was offered ONE comp for breakfast, we had two rooms with 6 people! The furniture in the rooms was horribly soiled and smelled.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the unfortunate water damage to the carpet that you experienced and know it is always our goal to follow up and assist guests in situations such as yours. We are very sorry you did not receive the service you should have while attempting to resolve this issue. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your experience in greater detail.

Kind regards,
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Halls were LOUD from 12-3am...I didnt get much sleep making it harder to enjoy my vacation, office didnt answer phone to even attempt to help in controlling noise. Room was very clean and that part was nice. But lack of sleep was not so great for a trip to Busche Gardens the next day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I’m so sorry for the noise issues you experienced during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. We regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant and we hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in the area. We are eager to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you’ve ever had.

813-342-5008
Tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Excellent service and very clean. We had to change rooms because the TV in the original room was blurry but the hotel was more than happy to let us move and kept us on the same floor so we didnt have to be too inconvienanced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am extremely sorry you had an issue with your television during your stay with us, but I am very glad our team was able to help you promptly and ensure you had a great stay!
Please come back and visit with us soon!

813-342-5008
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here several weeks ago when I came up to help my daughter pack up to move after graduating from USF. When I awoke in the morning, I noticed two bugs in my bed. Then I noticed blood streaks and drops of blood all over my sheets. I didn't know at the time, but the blood is a telltale sign of bed bugs. I called down to speak with the manager, but was told that she wasn't in yet and so the head of housekeeping, Debbie, came up to take a look. She said she didn't know what the bugs were - "maybe lice" she said. As for the blood streaks, she apologized and said evidently the sheets had not been changed from last guest. She took one of the bed bugs with her in a tissue so she could show the exterminator and comped my one night stay. Ten days later, I was covered in bed bug bites. For some people they don't show up for 10 days to 2 weeks. The pain and itching was unbearable. The most frightening thing was that I could have brought them with me to my home! I called the hotel and spoke with the general manager, Sarah Schmidt. I told her what had happened and that I wanted her hotel to cover the cost of the inspection and possible treatment if the bugs were found in my home. She said that Debbie told her that when she came up to my room, she didn't see any bugs! And she would have to check with the owners about the inspection (this is a franchise property). Needless to say I never received a call back from her, so I am taking my nightmare and pictures to a higher place. I'm sure Hilton Worldwide will not be happy to hear how their franchises are treating guests.

• Stayed March 2013
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Please know that the health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations. In order to continue providing our guests with a great experience we work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We contacted our pest control contractor Eco Lab the same day the issue was brought to our attention. Our Eco Lab pest specialist did a thorough inspection and certified the room free and clear of any bed bugs. Again I apologize for any inconvenience and feel free to contact us if we can assist you further.

Sarah Schmidt

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North? Share your experiences!