“Just as good as last time!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Busch Gardens Escape
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Temple Terrace
Tallahassee
“Just as good as last time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Excellent service and very clean. We had to change rooms because the TV in the original room was blurry but the hotel was more than happy to let us move and kept us on the same floor so we didnt have to be too inconvienanced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am extremely sorry you had an issue with your television during your stay with us, but I am very glad our team was able to help you promptly and ensure you had a great stay!
Please come back and visit with us soon!

813-342-5008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here several weeks ago when I came up to help my daughter pack up to move after graduating from USF. When I awoke in the morning, I noticed two bugs in my bed. Then I noticed blood streaks and drops of blood all over my sheets. I didn't know at the time, but the blood is a telltale sign of bed bugs. I called down to speak with the manager, but was told that she wasn't in yet and so the head of housekeeping, Debbie, came up to take a look. She said she didn't know what the bugs were - "maybe lice" she said. As for the blood streaks, she apologized and said evidently the sheets had not been changed from last guest. She took one of the bed bugs with her in a tissue so she could show the exterminator and comped my one night stay. Ten days later, I was covered in bed bug bites. For some people they don't show up for 10 days to 2 weeks. The pain and itching was unbearable. The most frightening thing was that I could have brought them with me to my home! I called the hotel and spoke with the general manager, Sarah Schmidt. I told her what had happened and that I wanted her hotel to cover the cost of the inspection and possible treatment if the bugs were found in my home. She said that Debbie told her that when she came up to my room, she didn't see any bugs! And she would have to check with the owners about the inspection (this is a franchise property). Needless to say I never received a call back from her, so I am taking my nightmare and pictures to a higher place. I'm sure Hilton Worldwide will not be happy to hear how their franchises are treating guests.

• Stayed March 2013
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Please know that the health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations. In order to continue providing our guests with a great experience we work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We contacted our pest control contractor Eco Lab the same day the issue was brought to our attention. Our Eco Lab pest specialist did a thorough inspection and certified the room free and clear of any bed bugs. Again I apologize for any inconvenience and feel free to contact us if we can assist you further.

Everett, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We just returned and were very happy with our stay (for the most part) The room was perfect, large and comfy. The beds and linens, wonderful. Our bathroom had a strange odor when we first arrived- so that sort of bothered us, but it got better as the day wore on. We used the convenient shuttle to Busch for three days without ever a problem. We enjoyed the free breakfast with the Busch package. You do not come away hungry. Loved the cookies in the evening. The pool was very warm and inviting, but the hot tub was not working. After a long day in the park, you WANT a hot tub. Upon inquiry, we were told four different stories from staff. "They were missing a part." "It is down for 3 months, "two weeks," "a year." Rediculous. I guess some guest during our stay was pretty upset and the staff filled it with hot water from the boiler for the duration of their stay. It sort of worked. Just be up front with guests. Do not advertise a hot tub if it is nearly permanently not working. Otherwise. we would have stayed closer to the park. Other than the hot tub issue, it was a great stay and we felt very comfortable there. Oh, also had breakfast and dinners at the hotel and they were both fabulous. I thought the dinner prices were in range. Both waiters at breakfast and dinner were so friendly and worth a generous tip. Great service.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I am very glad you enjoyed our restaurant, guest rooms and our team here. We all work very hard to give each and every one of our guests the best stay possible, and are always happy when we have met our goal. Our whirlpool is down, and have been down for approximately a year due an issue beyond our control. Fortunately, we have finally been able to get the repairs needed to correct this issue, and should have the whirlpool back up and running by the end of the month. We hope you will come back and visit with us again and try out our whirlpool once the repairs are complete.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is right off 75, and close to downtown Tampa, Moffitt, USF, and has a shuttle to Busch Gardens. Also close to restaurants. The staff is so nice, rooms are big, and "clean" and everything is well maintained. The morning brunch is very good, and the service is excellent. You cannot go wrong with this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your visit with us! We are glad you had a great visit and hope you get the chance to be our guest very soon. Thank you again!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel was very dirty, the room was dirty, the bathroom was not cleaned as we found pubic hairs in the toilet lid. I am a Diamond member and I have stayed at many different Hilton Hotels but this is the absolute worst. The first room I was assigned was to was not even made. The second room smelled and had a huge dirt in the floor. The breakfast was a disaster. I lost my table twice to other people while I had my 4 year old son with me. I asked one of the waitress for help and they said that they could not help me because they were too busy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am sorry about your experience with our guest rooms and dining services staff. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn't helpful. We strive to ensure our team members know how important clean, comfortable surroundings are to our guests. I am addressing all of your concerns and ask that you contact me directly so I can help in alleviating your concerns.

Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just to be clear, I booked this hotel thru price line so I'm not complaining about the price. However I was a bit disappointed after reading all the great reviews. Small things that could easily be improved.
We arrived and there was a sign by the front desk that the hot tub was out of order. When we asked they said it would not work all week long. Living in Fl. I know there are plenty "hot tub repair " services and found this strange.
The fridge in the room smelled terrible. Like sour milk. We were only there for 2 nights so it was not a huge issue because we only put some soda in it but if we had needed to put food in there ?????? Then the airco in the room was SUPER loud. When it went on every 10 minutes or so you had to turn up the TV. And it woke my husband several times at night.
The bathroom had rust stains and a big chip in the tub and the floor was not very clean. It also had a lot of worn caulk everywhere. Also in our hallway (room 333) the cleaning ladies were screaming very loud at each other at 9 am....
These were all minor things but I would personally not give this hotel 3 stars...2 1/2 maybe.
Ps I will give only a 2 for cleanliness but that is due to the bathroom. The bed was clean (which is more important to me)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing this feedback on your recent stay with us and the TripAdvisor community. I understand that you encountered an opportunity with the appointment and cleanliness of your guest room and I sincerely apologize for this. Cleanliness is one of the areas that we are most vigilant in to ensure the comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Cotia, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

It's close to the highway and has a van to Busch Gardens. Free cookies daily and a very attentions staff. It's a good start point for touring the region.
If you are lucky you can request a upgraded room when the hotel isn't full

• Stayed March 2013
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of your visit with us! We are all very glad you had a great stay and enjoyed seeing the sights in Tampa! Please keep us in mind next time you are in Tampa, I am sure we can recommend a few “must see” attractions you have not experienced yet!

Sarah Schmidt

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North? Share your experiences!