“Nice quiet, clean and great staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Busch Gardens Escape
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Temple Terrace
Miami, Florida
“Nice quiet, clean and great staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Spent two nights at the Hilton Garden Inn in Tampa, Temple Terrace as a get away weekend just me and my husband. We visited Ybor city, downtown Tampa and Bush Gardens. The hotel is a bit away from the normal congestion of traffic, but at the same time close to all attractions. We got there at 2 pm and we were promptly taken care of and given the room immediately. We stayed in the 5th fl. King size bied. The room was clean and quiet. They have a small fridge and a microwave. We did not have breakfast at the hotel since we are not big eaters and it was $10 for the buffet, but it was pretty full and the food look good. I would definetely stay there again in my next trip to Tampa. The only inconvenience I found is that they don't have a safe in the room, however, they offer one free of charge in the front desk.

Room Tip: I would stay on the top floors, less noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are all very happy you had a great stay with us and enjoyed touring Tampa! Please keep us in mind the next time you are in town, we would love to have you as our guest again!

Saraj Schmidt

340 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We booked a king suite with a sofa bed for our 2 nite stay. I arrived about 3pm to be rudely told that " we don't do check ins before 4" meanwhile they were checking in the couple in front of me and handing them bottled water. When we did check in after Busch Gardens I was disappointed by our room, and not just the trash we found by the previous guest that housekeeping seemed to forget. When they cleaned our room they did an equally lax job. Our suite wasn't anything spectacular. The sofa bed was horrible, the mattress was even thinner than their flat pillows. When I requested a rollaway bed i was told she would check with housekeeping. when i didn't hear back i went down to the desk and was told i wasn't allowed to have one because we had a sofa bed. Even as a couch it was awful to sit on & tiny. The coffee pot didn't work, the button was broken and when I requested an extra towel it took 2 phone calls and over an hour to get them. The area is nice by Tampa's standards and its not far from the theme park but that's about the best part of the hotel. The pool is tiny and located next to a swamp. I can't wait to check out tomorrow morning and never look back.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry you had an unpleasant stay with us. Our goal is for all of our guests to have a clean, comfortable stay while staying with us here in Tampa. I would love to speak with you about this one on one so that I can get some more information from you, such as your arrival date, room number etc so that I directly address the team members you encountered. Our check in time is at 3pm, however, if you were in a suite, we only have a limited number and it may not have been ready yet, but that should have been explained to you. We are also prohibited from putting roll away beds in certain room types as there is no clear area to place the bed and it becomes a fire hazard, but that should have been explained to you as well. Our team is normally exceptional in their customer service, but it is evident in this case that we fell short.
Again, I am extremely sorry for your experience at our hotel, and I would love the opportunity to speak with you about this so that we can make this right, please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Thank you!

Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was the second night of a four night trip to Tampa in February. Compared with the nightmare property the night before this was a definite step up. Location of the hotel is excellent and very easy to find. We got there a little early but the front desk made sure they found us a room. It was on the second floor overlooking the pool and the conservation area. Check in was extremely efficient. Room was very comfortable and the staff was very friendly. We were there only one night since we had some business at USF. This was one of the few Garden Inn's I've stayed at that had a bar, which was still open when we returned around 10pm. It looked lively even on a Wednesday night. The only negative comment I had was about breakfast. The food was excellent (my wife and I both had omelets) but the service was terrible. We were there about 930 and the staff started breaking down the breakfast setup well before breakast ended at 1000 Our server filled my coffee cup once and never appeared again. I got someone else to get me a refill. I was tempted to leave no tip at all, since apart from the one cup of coffee, that's all I got. I had to find my own water at the buffet and everything else for that matter. The cook was very good, she kept everything hot and prepared a great omelet, too bad the wait staff let me down. I'll probably stay there again if I'm in the area but not sure where I will eat breakfast.

Room Tip: The side overlooking the conservation area and pool is very pleasant.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review of your stay with us. I am very glad you were pleased with the hotel, but I am sorry we failed to meet your expectations at breakfast. I have shared your review with our servers and we will use this as a training tool to improve our service. We sincerely hope you get the chance to stay with us again and to give us the opportunity to show you why our restaurant normally gets very high guest ratings.
Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Check in /check out process was very fast. Hotel is in a FANTASTIC location. Room was quiet and very comfortable. The furniture and rooms are a little out of date compared to the rest of the brand hotels, maybe it will be upgraded soon. However, great location and comfort. Fantastic price!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are all very glad you had a great stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North! We are going to be making some great hotel upgrades in the coming year, and hope you will come back to visit to see our improvements!
Thank you again for your feedback!

Ocala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. Most hotel beds are hard, but these were very comfortable. A great smorgasbord for breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We think our Garden Sleep System Number beds are extremely comfortable, and we are glad you agree! We also work hard to bring you a hot, appetizing breakfast and I am so glad we were able to meet your needs! Please come back to visit soon, we look forward to your arrival!

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Upon our arrival at 6pm, the checkin process was FAST and EASY. They already had everything ready to go all I had to do was sign the papers and provide my credit card. The staff were very friendly. After dinner that night, we came back and sat at the bar for a while. The bar normally closes at 10pm on Saturdays, but the bartender was happy to hang out and stay a little past her shift. She was awesome. We got the bed-n-breakfast package and enjoyed a FRESH FULL breakfast bar the next morning. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again, if I am ever in the Tampa area.

Room Tip: Get the KING size bed with the breakfast package. You WONT be disappointed! :)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very glad to hear you had a great time at our hotel! Our team is known for their outstanding customer service and are thrilled we did not disappoint during your visit with us. Our restaurant and lounge is one of our hotels best features and we are happy you got the chance to experience it!
Thank you again for taking the time to share about your trip, we look forward to having you as a guest again soon!

Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The front desk staff was friendly and professional. Food at the Great American Grill for dinner was better than expected. While the bed and pillows were comfortable, the air conditioner was extremely loud and was unable to maintain a comfortable temperature in the room. I feel that the brand appeal of the chain is slipping as the attention to detail of repairs in the units appears to be below average.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. I am very glad you had some great interactions with our team, enjoyed your meals at the Great American Grill and loved your Garden Sleep System Bed! I am extremely sorry about the issues you had with your air conditioner. We are in the process of replacing all of our guest room units and have been doing significant research in order to find the quietest unit that provides the right amount of cool (or heat) for our rooms, and we finally found in. Our AC replacement project should be done in less than two months. We hope you will give us another opportunity next time you visit Tampa for us to show you the hospitality we are known for and to give our new air conditioners a try!
Thank you again for your feedback, this truly helps us to be our best at all times!

Sarah Schmidt

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North? Share your experiences!