My husband and I stayed here during a stop over on a cross country road trip and I can't really say anything incredibly positive. Our experience upon check-in was mediocre at best, and the desk agent (Josh, I believe) was actually quite rude. He seemed annoyed at our very existence and didn't offer any help in giving us the basic hotel information (internet accessibility, breakfast times, etc). We were able to figure it all out on our own, but for a hotel at this price level ($109 for a basic king), I honestly expected a little more. The room itself was pretty "lived-in", meaning there were a few stains on the carpet, bedspread, and shower curtain. I read in previous reviews about poor air conditioners and, while I know they are in the process of replacing them, they might want to make it a high priority especially in Florida in August.
As a caveat, I"ll say that I work in the service industry (retail), and my husband and I are well-traveled, but certainly not high maintenance. None of these problems were bad enough to complain to management, but overall this hotel needs a little more attention to detail or a lower price. I'm not expecting a Waldorf here, but past experiences at Hampton Inns and the like have been a much better value for the price.
As far as the service goes, I'm willing to give Josh the benefit of the doubt. Who knows, maybe I looked like someone who picked on him in high school.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North and enjoy everything you need for a relaxing stay. The hotel is ideally located in a tranquil nature preserve, yet just minutes from popular Florida attractions.Relax in your comfy guest room at the Hilton Garden Tampa North, where everything you need is within easy access. Unwind on a patented auto adjustable Garden Sleep System® bed or get to work at the large desk and ergonomic Herman Miller Mirra® chair. Begin your day with a delicious cooked breakfast at the Great American Grill® and choose from the a la carte menu at lunch and dinner. Do business in the 24-hour Business Center, refresh in the fitness center or enjoy a revitalizing swim in the tropical outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North Hotel Temple Terrace
- Hilton Garden Inn Temple Terrace
- Hilton Temple Terrace
- Temple Terrace Hilton