“I liked the breakfasts, dinner; convenient place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Temple Terrace
Florida
“I liked the breakfasts, dinner; convenient place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I don't think the special beds are that comfortable, but that may be a personal issue. One of the nights I stayed at the hotel, they rented out the facility to a high school prom which was a bit odd. I liked the breakfasts and I also entertained clients for dinner there one night. The dining room is very nice, with lots of windows. Comparing this to the Hampton Inn down the street, where I have also stayed on business, I think the beds at the Hampton Inn seemed more comfortable. The breakfast is much better here at Hilton Garden Inn and I like the convenience of the dining room for dinner. I thought the check in/check out process was acceptable but not much more than that. (I am a gold card HHonors member). I thought the service in the restaurant was excellent. I think the rooms are alright. Not sure if I will stay here next time I am in Tampa on business or not. However, I am very impressed that the manager has responded to so many of these comments, so that is very good. Place probably needs a bit more oomph.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
theresagio, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so glad that you stayed with us recently at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North hotel.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our delicious breakfast and so glad that our convenient location worked out well for your business travel needs.
It is our goal to provide excellent service so it is rewarding to see the efforts of our restaurant employees recognized so nicely in your review.
Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next stay with us when you travel back to the area.

Brian Dooly
Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Sebring, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

beautiful place, desk clerks were so nice and accomodating. wish i had that bed at home to sleep on every night. room was very nice and clean. breakfast was included and it was delicious.. would definitely stay again

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North hotel, I would like say thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am ecstatic that you found our accommodations so comfortable and enjoyed the delicious breakfast at our on site restaurant.
Our goal is to provide excellent service to all guests so it was nice to see that we exceeded your expectations during your stay.
I appreciate your kind words regarding the cleanliness of our accommodations as it is great to see the hard work of our Housekeeping staff recognized so nicely in your review.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us the next time you visit the area.

Brian Dooly
Guest Service Manager
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

The beds were not very comfortable and somewhat squeaky. The room definetely had odor. Noisy ice machine down the hall. Convenient location, good service, cheap, however the property looks old and needs update. One of the worst Hillton Garden Inns that I have stayed at. Would not book again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
theresagio, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Your review is very concerning. I hope you will call me to discuss it.
I would never want a guest to leave here feeling dissatisfied.
We are here because of our guests and our goal is for them to be happy.
I will hope for an opportunity to discuss your visit with us.
I am so very sorry that you did not enjoy the hotel. However I do appreciate your input and would be happy to discuss it further if you would like to contact me.

Michael P. Irwin
813-342-5000
Cranston, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

First, let me tell you I am 44 and I brought my 2 children 15 and 11. I wanted to be in a proximity that offered shuttle service to Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. I read ALOT of reviews and was undecided right up until the last 2 wks before the trip because the reviews were helpful but made me hesitant to commit to the hotels offering shuttle service. So this was my experience:

I decided to call the hotels I was considering. Hands down, Hilton Garden Inn at Temple Terrace customer service provided by NJAY who answered the phone was EXCEPTIONAL, PATIENT, and KNOWLEDGABLE. He was only 2 wks on the job come to find out, but, he was the reason I ended up picking Hilton Garden Inn.

I ended up booking the package hotel/parks/breakfast for $476. It was 3 nights, and unlimited passes to BG and AI for the entire stay and beyond up to 14 days. I thought this was very reasonable for 3 people.

The breakfast buffet was very good, the chef was very polite and accomodating. I am a low carb eater and he was unbelievably accomodating for such special request for my omelet but he did it with a smile. He even got me spinach for the next 2 days!

The desk service from Deana, Brian, Jeff and Morgan was unbelievably friendly, helpful and accessible.

The entry was clean, the side patios were neat, the pool was just OK, the beds were just ok.

I would say I recommend this hotel. I would suggest to the hotel to invest in better more comfortable bed mattresses for both the pull out and the main bed. That would be my only negative which considering its a hotel thats a big one. But, i would absolute stay there again and recommend it. I just like a more plush bed and the pull out mattress was 4 or 5" thick so you could feel the springs which wasn't so great but being so tired from the parks we were able to sleep despite the uncomfortable bedding.

Room Tip: Ask for specials, packages, discounts directly.
Dear Valued Guest,
A big thank you for taking the time out of your day to post your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Glad that our convenient location near Busch Gardens worked out well for you and your family this year.
I appreciate your kind words regarding our friendly staff as it is our goal to provide excellent service so it is rewarding to see their efforts recognized in your review.
Thank you again for the compliments and for taking the time to share this review.
We will certainly share your review with our staff and we look forward to your next stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North hotel.

Michael P. Irwin
813-342-5000
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

In a nut shell, the check in was super quick. The guy at the front desk greeted us with a smile and made us feel real comfortable. We were going to Bush Gardens the next day so he mentioned the shuttle service that way we didn't have to drive. Took our reservations for drop off and pick up..pretty cool. The room as well as the beds were small comparing to other hotels we've stayed in, The suction vent in the bathroon was not working, we made the front desk aware of the problem and when we were back on Saturday evening, the problem was still there. Overall, nice place but I don't think I would be staying here again..

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
theresagio, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
Dear Guest,
We were extremely disappointed to see this review of our hotel.
Guest comments are highly valued and taken very seriously by our management team.
We regret that we were not able to exceed this guest's expectations during their stay.
Once again, we value your business and sincerely hope that you may give us another opportunity to show you that we can provide the type of vacation experience that you expect while staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North hotel.
Bristol, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

My husband, children, and I decided we wanted to go to Tampa and hit up Busch Gardens and Adventure Island for a quick vacation over Labor Day weekend this past Sept 2010. We looked on the Busch Gardens site and saw that they had some specials for select hotels that they partner with, so we took a chance and selected the Hilton, because HEY, it's the HILTON. Anyway, the hotel is beautiful. The food is fabulous, the shuttle takes you ANYWHERE within a 5 mile radius, they work with a wonderful car service that can take you anywhere you want. The service is so wonderful. The staff is there to genuinely help you with a smile. The pool was nice but a little plain for a Hilton. We did have an issue with our air when we first got there, but they had someone up to our room fixing it within 5 minutes. All in all it was a great trip, great vacation, and I would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: Look for deals, they are there.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
theresagio, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
We love to hear that our fabulous hotel was very well suited to your travel needs.
We appreciate the acknowledgement of our friendly staff as we strive to provide an excellent stay for all of our guests.
Delighted that you enjoyed your vacation at Busch Gardens and were able to enjoy the benefit of our shuttle service.
I am so pleased that we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for your next getaway.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

We are a group of 6 women who stay overnight in a hotel 2-3 times a year. Two of us did an on-site visit to this hotel to check out the accomodations. We were shown a suite that included 2 pull out couches, 2 bathrooms, a sink and refridgerator. We also viewed a standard room. We were also promised free breakfast for all 6 of us. When we checked in we were rudely greeted by the desk clerk who informed us that breakfast was not free and accusingly told us, "people lie about free things all the time". We went up to our room only to find that there was only one pull out couch, no sink and only one bathroom. Not the room we had seen previously. Upon returning to the desk, the same rude clerk told us "You don't have to stay here, I can call the Hampton Inn for you". NICE!! Hilton should be ashamed of itself for playing the "bait and switch" routine and for having such rude staff serve in such a crucial role.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Hilton Garden Inn Valued Guest,
I am truly distressed to learn that you were so dissatisfied with our hotel and our service and I am sorry that your overall feeling was to not recommend the hotel to others.
First, please accept our apologies that your request for a suite was not addressed to the best of our abilities.
We are disappointed in ourselves when we find that a guest has left and is still unhappy.
This is not the service we have been recognized for and your comments have been shared with our new General Manger and a review of service standards is ongoing.
I do appreciate you bringing it to our attention and regret that you had this experience.
All guest comments are taken seriously and we continuously make efforts to use any less than perfect reviews as training and coaching opportunities for our staff and management.
We appreciate your business and sincerely hope that you consider giving us another opportunity to provide you a wonderful guest experience.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North? Share your experiences!