“Dirty sticky carpets” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Temple Terrace
Fort Lauderdale
“Dirty sticky carpets”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were dirty. People all over outside shirtless and drinking. Not a family spot. Please stay away. The carpets were dirty and sticky and we found old food under the bed while looking for our sons toys. Yuck. Bugs of course...

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lawrence, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed for one night and were happy with our room, until we went out. After returning from a funeral I noticed that there was a funny smell in the room. Then, I went into the bathroom and the smell was overwhelming. It reeked of cigarette smoke, as though someone was smoking directly in the room. The first & second floor are supposed to be non-smoking. We were on the first floor. I called the front desk and told them the problem. They asked if we would like to change rooms. I said yes, then was told that there were no more rooms available with double beds. My husband went to speak with the manager but says that he was treated as though they really just wanted him to go away. He was asked if he wanted the manager to check on it, and of course he said yes. I turned on the bathroom fan and kept it on all night, as that seemed to help with the smell.

On a positive note, the grab and go breakfast was good to have. All in all, if I had a choice of where to stay, I would not pick this location nor would I recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I checked in at 3pm and got a nice, clean room. Bed was comfortable and kitchen and bathroom clean.

I left for dinner with friends and returned at 11pm to about 5 men playing "hacky sac" right in front of the main entrance, they had a case of beer and were playing music loudly. This concerned me as my room faced that area. I walked past them into the building to speak to the fellow at the front desk. I said "those guys are pretty noisy for 11oclock at night hey?" (Just tried to keep is casual) the guy behind the desk actually SCARED THE BEJEEZUS out of me. (Single woman traveller)
His exact words were in YELLING were "what do you want me to do about it? Call the cops? It's my fourth day on the job!" I then asked him his name which he refused to give me :( then he yelled " I'm very frustrated" and he stormed outside. I was startled! I didn't check to see what he did, but I ran to my room quick (2 doors down the hall 130) so that the guys who were outside didn't see where I was staying. I was afraid the angry front desk guy would say "that girl complained" or something.

Made for an uneasy night, but that's his fault, not the rooms fault :) I don't think he'll make it there much longer- and the hotel will speak for itself. I would stay here again. Grab and go snacks and coffee were nice too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The issue you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am retraining my staff to better handle a situation like the one you described to me. Since we take guests safety and comfort very seriously, I promise that actions will be taken so that we can improve our customer service moving forward.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at ttt@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I rated this a 4 star only because the Hotel lacks a pool. Going to Florida it's just about a must to have a pool. However, the Hotel location and the attitude of the staff is outstanding. My wife and I stayed 14-16 June. We found the beds to be very comfortable, which made for a nice nights rest after visiting Busch Garden. Busch Gardens is only about a 10 minute drive from the hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
Cartersville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Was much better than i expected. Traveling though Tampa Checked in at midnight and gone by 8am. The hotel was clean and had been recently renovated. Breakfast is referred to as a "grab and go"'. This was just fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here recently on 2 separate nights. We wanted a hotel off I-75 and within minutes of USF, and this was perfect. This hotel is not luxurious by any means, but nicer than most other 2 star hotels that allow dogs (think Super 8, Days Inn, etc) and we got it for a good price using the express deal on Priceline. I would probably be disappointed if I paid the full list price, but it's still nicer than hotels at similar price points.

Pros:
- full sized fridge and kitchenette
- adequate free parking
- most customers seemed to be truck drivers, working long term assignments, etc so it was quiet at night
- check in staff was friendly
- affordable pet policy & allow larger dogs ($25 per night non refundable)
- free breakfast but it's very light (granola bars, muffins, fruit and coffee in the lobby).

Cons:
- beds and linens are cheap and uncomfortable
- walls are thin
- bathroom is very small & they don't provide any toiletries besides bar soap, no hair dryer either so bring your own
- our 2nd room was non-smoking but reeked of smoke. Someone had obviously smoked in the bathroom and I'm surprised housekeeping didn't fix this (management, if you're reading it was room 112).

There are a few fast food options & Starbucks across the street, or lots more restaurants the next exit down on Fowler Ave.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your room smelled of smoke . I am retraining the housekeeping staff to ensure that every room smells fresh, so that this does not happen again in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ttt@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed with this chain in the past and had opted to only do so again as a last resort since their properties appeared to suffer from lack of maintenance. This last stay was a last resort, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The building had been Renovated, the staff was courteous and accommodating, and the rate was very fair. The bed was a bit firm, but bearable. The grab and go breakfast was convenient, and the coffee was actually good! Hope all the properties are doing the same.

• Stayed February 2013
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our grab and go breakfast and courteous staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions? Share your experiences!